Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Moderator Note: This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1745852-ritz-carlton-rewards-card-2016-onward.html

===============================================Bes t public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $3k spent. Annual fee of $395 NOT waived. https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/2CN

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incedential charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Reimbursed:

AA e-Giftcards
Southwest eGiftcards - As of 12/30/14 Chase can distinguish between "incidental" and gift card purchase. YMMV depending on CSR.
Delta Giftcards (YMMV)
$78 AA Award flight taxes reimbursed
$22 BA Award flight taxes reimbursed
~$150 AA award fees, taxes, fuel surcharge reimbursed
$246 AA award fees, booking fee, all reported as upgrading to busn award
United Flight Taxes
Spirit Big Front Seats
Spirit Onboard Food and Drinks
DL Ticket Change fee $300
$210 DL first class up-fare
$300 of a $525 AA Admirals Club annual membership
$50 DL Transfer miles fee (2k miles plus $30 fee)
~$160 SQ award fees (circa 2014)
$70 upgraded seats on AA
$34 US award fees
$34 BA Award fees
$90 oneway ticket on AA (paid additional $90 with AA e-gc from last year)
$84.50 x 2 AA award fees
$150 B6 change fees er...umm..."seat upgrades"
$75 UA gift registry (no longer works as of Summer 2015)
$49.95 Bags VIP charge. It surprised me that it went since it comes up as BagsVIP and not an airline. I told the CSR it was AA's partner for baggage delivery and that I was (honestly) unsure if it would work.
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't) -- no longer works as of Summer 2015
$274 BA seat selection for 2 J class seats, LAX-LHR (Jan 2016)

Not Reimbursed:
$315 Avianca ticket charge
United giftcards
$150 AA award redeposit fee (YMMV)
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't)

The deal for 140K points is dead. Chase has replaced it with a complimentary night stay at any Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton hotel after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months, available here. As of February 12, 2015, there IS A BETTER known public offer (see below).

The 70K offer is long gone.

[EXPIRED] Active link found on blog 12/16 for 140K offer: https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k
Many have applied through this link only to find the application was assigned to a different promo for 2 free nights instead of points. Calling JP Morgan Chase CS has indicated they are aware of this issue and CSRs are expecting the 140k points to be honored but no one in this situation has actually received the 140k points as of Dec 28, 2014.

[EXPIRED] As reported by ghitt87: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22807838-post16.html
Call 1-888-846-7004 to apply.
Mention these RSVP:
F5BP - 140k points after 2k spend in 3 months. Annual fee of $395 not waived first year. - DEAD 9/25
F53K - 70k points, $395 waived first year.

I wasn't targeted, but called and used the RSVP code (5/2). Just act like you got it in the mail.
See also post #483 and following: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23230523-post483.html
Print Wikipost

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2015, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by winsteven13
Got my $395 refunded just now. Less than 2 days after credit transfer. Ritz card for $600 airline credit and 140k points. No fee. That is awesome!
As a couple getting two of these cards has ended up being the best two cards we've gotten (I'd say this beats the SW Companion Pass). 120k AA or Alaska miles, 7 night hotel stay, 2x Global Entry, $400 airline gift cards/credit (so far), Priority Pass, no annual fee.
Old May 4, 2015, 10:40 am

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
deleted

Last edited by I Love to Travel; May 4, 2015 at 10:52 am
Old May 4, 2015, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL
Called in for SQ award fees ~300, said they see it as a ticket and cannot re-imburse. Will try HUCA.
Old May 4, 2015, 4:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
They have really tightened up the incidental reimbursement, I cannot any agent to approve anything that is not literally written on their sheet- regardless of time or day that I call. I cannot get early bird check in reimbursed, not the 5.60 taxes, nothing and nada. They sure as heck better reimburse my AA upgrades. Of course, none of these people seem to have the slightest clue what most of this stuff is, like early bird check-in which is in essence a seat upgrade. A big screw you to all the as$clowns who exploited this perk with $300 gcs- like gee that sure as heck isn't going to raise any red flags.
Old May 4, 2015, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by travelismylife
They have really tightened up the incidental reimbursement, I cannot any agent to approve anything that is not literally written on their sheet- regardless of time or day that I call. I cannot get early bird check in reimbursed, not the 5.60 taxes, nothing and nada. They sure as heck better reimburse my AA upgrades. Of course, none of these people seem to have the slightest clue what most of this stuff is, like early bird check-in which is in essence a seat upgrade. A big screw you to all the as$clowns who exploited this perk with $300 gcs- like gee that sure as heck isn't going to raise any red flags.
Per the T&C:

Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees.
Taxes and early check in fees don't fall into these categories.

It sounds to me like you're being jealous of people who got non-eligible expenses reimbursed because you can't get your own non-eligible expenses reimbursed.
Old May 4, 2015, 8:07 pm
Suspended

I am not jealous at all, nice judgement by the way. I am just saying that things that used to go through easily 2 months ago are not going through at all. I firmly believe that that is because people were hogs, and hogs get slaughtered. I never said that 5.60 should be covered all I am saying is that it used to go throuh without a problem. If people hadn't been so greedy to push though 200 amd 300 gift cards we could all still be riding the gravy train. Simple as that. I disagree about early bird check in as that is southwest's way of selling a better seat.
Old May 5, 2015, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by travelismylife
I am not jealous at all, nice judgement by the way. I am just saying that things that used to go through easily 2 months ago are not going through at all. I firmly believe that that is because people were hogs, and hogs get slaughtered. I never said that 5.60 should be covered all I am saying is that it used to go throuh without a problem. If people hadn't been so greedy to push though 200 amd 300 gift cards we could all still be riding the gravy train. Simple as that. I disagree about early bird check in as that is southwest's way of selling a better seat.
Never understood upgrade seats on SW. They are all the same.
Old May 5, 2015, 3:55 pm
sgh
Suspended

Programs: AA 2 MM, AA Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
I am looking to use the RC card to purchase American Airlines 500 mile upgrade vouchers.

Before I do so, I wanted to find out if that purchase shows up as an upgrade purchase or not?

Has anyone else purchased AA upgrade vouchers and then been reimbursed or not been reimbursed?

Any help regarding the reimbursement of AA upgrade vouchers using the Ritz Carlton Card would be much appreciated.

Last edited by sgh; May 5, 2015 at 4:15 pm Reason: correcting spelling errors
Old May 5, 2015, 6:10 pm

Does anyone know if the certificate for

"CLUB LEVEL UPGRADE UP TO 7 NIGHTS"

can be transferred to anyone? It's expiring in 8/2015 and I have not had a chance to use it, nor will I probably end up using it. If I can help someone out I'd be more than glad to.....or do you think Ritz would be willing to extend them for another few months?
Old May 5, 2015, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by mtrsprt56
or do you think Ritz would be willing to extend them for another few months?
They extended my free night certificate for another 6 months so they can probably extend upgrade certificates as well.
Old May 5, 2015, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by mk712
They extended my free night certificate for another 6 months so they can probably extend upgrade certificates as well.
Did you talk to Ritz Rewards directly, or did you talk to chase on the phone or through SM? Thanks!
Old May 5, 2015, 6:31 pm

Did you talk to Ritz Rewards directly, or did you talk to chase on the phone or through SM? Thanks!
I called the number on the back of my card and straight up asked for it to be extended because my next trip was a few weeks after the expiration date on the certificate. The CSR put me on hold for a couple minutes then came back and said he extended my certificate for 6 months as a "one-time courtesy".
Old May 5, 2015, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by mk712
I called the number on the back of my card and straight up asked for it to be extended because my next trip was a few weeks after the expiration date on the certificate. The CSR put me on hold for a couple minutes then came back and said he extended my certificate for 6 months as a "one-time courtesy".
I sent an e-mail, got a response, no dice.....they said I have to use my free night or lose it.

It's worth 0 points, so I can get anything out of it, nor can I transfer it/let someone else us it.
Old May 5, 2015, 8:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
Does anyone know if the certificate for

"CLUB LEVEL UPGRADE UP TO 7 NIGHTS"

can be transferred to anyone? It's expiring in 8/2015 and I have not had a chance to use it, nor will I probably end up using it. If I can help someone out I'd be more than glad to.....or do you think Ritz would be willing to extend them for another few months?
This isn't a free night, it's an upgrade to club level at a ritz hotel. You get three of these every year. So when they expire you get new ones.

While you can't TRANSFER them, you could make a reservation under your name, and then add their name to the reservation so they can check in. they would need to pay with your ritz credit card though. no guarantees this would work.

Alternatively, if you have someone staying near you, and they stay at the ritz, you could book the hotel for them, go check in, and then leave them the room. This is guaranteed to work, as you'd be checking in. Once again, you'd need to pay with your ritz card.

To add a club level upgrade cert you need to call ritz reservations. To get them extended (if they extend them) you need to call ritz carlton guest services. Preferably the gold elite line (or platinum if you're a plat)
Old May 5, 2015, 10:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ibleed0range
Never understood upgrade seats on SW. They are all the same.
Front of plane, exit row, as far away from the latrine as possible, not getting stuck in a middle seat between Roseanne and Rosie O' - though there may be some ladies who would enjoy being the meat in that sandwich. It's not all the same

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.