Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Moderator Note: This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1745852-ritz-carlton-rewards-card-2016-onward.html

===============================================Bes t public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $3k spent. Annual fee of $395 NOT waived. https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/2CN

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incedential charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Reimbursed:

AA e-Giftcards
Southwest eGiftcards - As of 12/30/14 Chase can distinguish between "incidental" and gift card purchase. YMMV depending on CSR.
Delta Giftcards (YMMV)
$78 AA Award flight taxes reimbursed
$22 BA Award flight taxes reimbursed
~$150 AA award fees, taxes, fuel surcharge reimbursed
$246 AA award fees, booking fee, all reported as upgrading to busn award
United Flight Taxes
Spirit Big Front Seats
Spirit Onboard Food and Drinks
DL Ticket Change fee $300
$210 DL first class up-fare
$300 of a $525 AA Admirals Club annual membership
$50 DL Transfer miles fee (2k miles plus $30 fee)
~$160 SQ award fees (circa 2014)
$70 upgraded seats on AA
$34 US award fees
$34 BA Award fees
$90 oneway ticket on AA (paid additional $90 with AA e-gc from last year)
$84.50 x 2 AA award fees
$150 B6 change fees er...umm..."seat upgrades"
$75 UA gift registry (no longer works as of Summer 2015)
$49.95 Bags VIP charge. It surprised me that it went since it comes up as BagsVIP and not an airline. I told the CSR it was AA's partner for baggage delivery and that I was (honestly) unsure if it would work.
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't) -- no longer works as of Summer 2015
$274 BA seat selection for 2 J class seats, LAX-LHR (Jan 2016)

Not Reimbursed:
$315 Avianca ticket charge
United giftcards
$150 AA award redeposit fee (YMMV)
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't)

The deal for 140K points is dead. Chase has replaced it with a complimentary night stay at any Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton hotel after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months, available here. As of February 12, 2015, there IS A BETTER known public offer (see below).

The 70K offer is long gone.

[EXPIRED] Active link found on blog 12/16 for 140K offer: https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k
Many have applied through this link only to find the application was assigned to a different promo for 2 free nights instead of points. Calling JP Morgan Chase CS has indicated they are aware of this issue and CSRs are expecting the 140k points to be honored but no one in this situation has actually received the 140k points as of Dec 28, 2014.

[EXPIRED] As reported by ghitt87: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22807838-post16.html
Call 1-888-846-7004 to apply.
Mention these RSVP:
F5BP - 140k points after 2k spend in 3 months. Annual fee of $395 not waived first year. - DEAD 9/25
F53K - 70k points, $395 waived first year.

I wasn't targeted, but called and used the RSVP code (5/2). Just act like you got it in the mail.
See also post #483 and following: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23230523-post483.html
Print Wikipost

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2015, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by winsteven13
Lol, my SM said that $180 will be credited on the next statement.
Just FYI My SM on 2/13 said my misc reimbursable charges would be credited on next statement, but by 2/15 credit already appeared on my account. That was before statement close date.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 4:34 pm

Did I screw up?

Bought an AA e gift card for $200, which is the exact amount of an overweight bag that weights more than 70 lbs. Called in for reimbursement, was told it shows as an AA.com purchase that was a GC. Is this because of the large amount? Or is this dead?
Old Feb 16, 2015, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's because of the purchase code. They can tell what it is, regardless of the amount.

Some CSRs are probably too lazy to check, but most are not. Some may check for large amounts and not small ones. But if they are doing their jobs, you are not going to get credit for something that you're not entitled to.

It's probably not so much "dead", as that more CSRs are probably doing their jobs now than before. Maybe an email went out or something after they noticed a large number of fraudulent claims being reimbursed.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
It's because of the purchase code. They can tell what it is, regardless of the amount.

Some CSRs are probably too lazy to check, but most are not. Some may check for large amounts and not small ones. But if they are doing their jobs, you are not going to get credit for something that you're not entitled to.

It's probably not so much "dead", as that more CSRs are probably doing their jobs now than before. Maybe an email went out or something after they noticed a large number of fraudulent claims being reimbursed.

Yeah, it took her about 5 seconds to say no. So it must not be too hard to see the purchase code.

So, is there ANY airline where we can successfully purchase GC's? I'm starting to think no
Old Feb 17, 2015, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by travelpye
Just FYI My SM on 2/13 said my misc reimbursable charges would be credited on next statement, but by 2/15 credit already appeared on my account. That was before statement close date.
Fantastic! I'll purchase the rest of my gift card amount ($120 something in the next few months) and have it reimbursed ^
Old Feb 17, 2015, 6:53 am

Just got BA award flight fee reimbursed ^
Old Feb 17, 2015, 1:26 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by winsteven13
Lol, my SM said that $180 will be credited on the next statement.
they say that every single time you call. it always posts the next day.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 3:55 pm

This card takes forever to arrive. It's been listed in my Chase accounts for two weeks. I got an email a week after it showed up in the Chase account listing (last Monday) which said 7-10 days out. Apparently so. Lol, the Citi Platinum my wife signed up for on Friday arrived today.

Hopefully they were waiting for another run of metal cards.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 4:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by VABuckeye
This card takes forever to arrive. It's been listed in my Chase accounts for two weeks. I got an email a week after it showed up in the Chase account listing (last Monday) which said 7-10 days out. Apparently so. Lol, the Citi Platinum my wife signed up for on Friday arrived today.

Hopefully they were waiting for another run of metal cards.

Call up and ask. It should have been sent UPS Next Day Air (Saver) with a tracking # viewable through UPS My Choice

Call 1-866-576-7575
Old Feb 17, 2015, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Anyone have any luck with Air Canada YQ fees for an award? Looking at $350 / person or $700 for the two of us, but would split up the two PNR's if it means a greater chance of getting reimbursed for the $350.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 6:06 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
I just called about some small taxes for some award tickets I booked and the rep stone walled me and told me no and then threatened to overturn my other smaller refunds from previous credits.

HUCA - next agent said no problem, credited everything for $300

Last edited by macdonaldj2; Feb 17, 2015 at 6:25 pm
Old Feb 17, 2015, 6:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
and then threatened to overturn my other smaller refunds from previous credits.
I don't even think that's legal.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:19 pm

Thumbs up Gogo reimbursed

My monthly Gogo fee of $39.95 was reimbursed. So, the $300 travel reimbursement will cover 7.5 months of Gogo!
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
I just called about some small taxes for some award tickets I booked and the rep stone walled me and told me no and then threatened to overturn my other smaller refunds from previous credits.

HUCA - next agent said no problem, credited everything for $300
Someone named Rebecca told my wife this morning that she wouldn't reimburse $100 of taxes and fees for award tickets. Didn't threaten to overturn previous refunds but did say she shouldn't have gotten credits for those. We haven't tried again yet but it sounds like it'll work if we try another time or two.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 9:31 pm

Is there any reason I could not find 3 friends/family who don't have Global Entry, talk up the program (which really is amazing) and offer to give them a 25% discount on it--use the RC credit card to pay for their $100 Global Entry application while collecting $75 from them? I could collect $225 and maybe avoid all the hassle of trying to figure out how to manufacture $300 in qualifying expenses.

Is there any reason Chase wouldn't reimburse multiple Global Entry fees?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.