Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Moderator Note: This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1745852-ritz-carlton-rewards-card-2016-onward.html

===============================================Bes t public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $3k spent. Annual fee of $395 NOT waived. https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/2CN

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incedential charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Reimbursed:

AA e-Giftcards
Southwest eGiftcards - As of 12/30/14 Chase can distinguish between "incidental" and gift card purchase. YMMV depending on CSR.
Delta Giftcards (YMMV)
$78 AA Award flight taxes reimbursed
$22 BA Award flight taxes reimbursed
~$150 AA award fees, taxes, fuel surcharge reimbursed
$246 AA award fees, booking fee, all reported as upgrading to busn award
United Flight Taxes
Spirit Big Front Seats
Spirit Onboard Food and Drinks
DL Ticket Change fee $300
$210 DL first class up-fare
$300 of a $525 AA Admirals Club annual membership
$50 DL Transfer miles fee (2k miles plus $30 fee)
~$160 SQ award fees (circa 2014)
$70 upgraded seats on AA
$34 US award fees
$34 BA Award fees
$90 oneway ticket on AA (paid additional $90 with AA e-gc from last year)
$84.50 x 2 AA award fees
$150 B6 change fees er...umm..."seat upgrades"
$75 UA gift registry (no longer works as of Summer 2015)
$49.95 Bags VIP charge. It surprised me that it went since it comes up as BagsVIP and not an airline. I told the CSR it was AA's partner for baggage delivery and that I was (honestly) unsure if it would work.
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't) -- no longer works as of Summer 2015
$274 BA seat selection for 2 J class seats, LAX-LHR (Jan 2016)

Not Reimbursed:
$315 Avianca ticket charge
United giftcards
$150 AA award redeposit fee (YMMV)
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't)

The deal for 140K points is dead. Chase has replaced it with a complimentary night stay at any Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton hotel after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months, available here. As of February 12, 2015, there IS A BETTER known public offer (see below).

The 70K offer is long gone.

[EXPIRED] Active link found on blog 12/16 for 140K offer: https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k
Many have applied through this link only to find the application was assigned to a different promo for 2 free nights instead of points. Calling JP Morgan Chase CS has indicated they are aware of this issue and CSRs are expecting the 140k points to be honored but no one in this situation has actually received the 140k points as of Dec 28, 2014.

[EXPIRED] As reported by ghitt87: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22807838-post16.html
Call 1-888-846-7004 to apply.
Mention these RSVP:
F5BP - 140k points after 2k spend in 3 months. Annual fee of $395 not waived first year. - DEAD 9/25
F53K - 70k points, $395 waived first year.

I wasn't targeted, but called and used the RSVP code (5/2). Just act like you got it in the mail.
See also post #483 and following: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23230523-post483.html
Print Wikipost

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Old Feb 1, 2015, 8:31 am

oops

I menat Gogo, not Boingo.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 9:09 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by lotrbfme
its 75k
Account year.

Your gold status first year will be good until you reach month 13 of cardmembership. If you haven't spent 10k in the first 12 months of cardmembership you'll get knocked down to whatever status you should be.

You need to spend $75k on the card every year to maintain platinum status.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 11:01 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by krisk13
same boat. Also, GE (ambiguous) terms states holder "qualifies" for pre-check in most cases.
you'd be better off doing GE.

I don't get people whining about how far away the offices are... if you're actually flying enough to use this stuff - it shouldn't be hard to get an appointment at the front or rear end of a trip at a valid airport.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 12:36 pm

So has anyone else tried getting the Southwest GCs reimburse recently? Just curious to see how people are doing ever since the update on the transaction details. If you guys are successfully getting them reimbursed can you help answer some of the following questions?

• Are you guys calling in or using SM?
  • What are you saying for the charges? Claiming them as baggage fees? Early Birds?
  • How much are you buying on the GCs each time and how many days in between each card?
  • Are you buying a physical gift cards and having them ship to you, or are you doing it by email?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, Ritz-Carlton, Amex PRG, Citi DC, Cap 1 QS, Discover It
Originally Posted by Dzuy Nguyen
So has anyone else tried getting the Southwest GCs reimburse recently? Just curious to see how people are doing ever since the update on the transaction details. If you guys are successfully getting them reimbursed can you help answer some of the following questions?
Do not buy SW GCs. Those transactions are reported as CGs. You will be our of luck purchasing them.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 1:14 pm

I bought a $78 and $102 AA gift card last week. I'll send a SM in a week or so to get reimbursed..
Old Feb 2, 2015, 3:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Delta Plat
Originally Posted by jsucool76
Account year.

Your gold status first year will be good until you reach month 13 of cardmembership. If you haven't spent 10k in the first 12 months of cardmembership you'll get knocked down to whatever status you should be.

You need to spend $75k on the card every year to maintain platinum status.
holly smoke, I remember it wrong! Was trying to get United Silver status this summer via this route, but having to spend 75K is not worth it!

Thanks for the info, guys!
Old Feb 2, 2015, 7:32 pm

Will this card pay for the TSA pre-check or only global entry?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dbears
Will this card pay for the TSA pre-check or only global entry?
Global Entry includes TSA precheck.

http://www.dhs.gov/comparison-chart

Actually Nexus is the best deal but it is not a benefit of any card that i know of.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:13 pm
Suspended

This might be the 1 card where Chase doesn't refund the AF.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:27 pm

Does anyone know... if I'm using points to redeem for the Marriott hotel + air package, will I be able to gift the 1-week stay to someone? Thanks.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:37 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by kevinsmith99
Does anyone know... if I'm using points to redeem for the Marriott hotel + air package, will I be able to gift the 1-week stay to someone? Thanks.
I asked the same question on the Marriott board last week, and I was told the answer is yes.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 9:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by TMM1982
This might be the 1 card where Chase doesn't refund the AF.
I got my annual fee waived

Old Feb 3, 2015, 9:28 pm

Nice work! How?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 9:34 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum

Last year when the offer included free first year, or some other method which you might share?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.