Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Credit line increases / CLI [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 1, 2014, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
This thread is for Chase CLI experiences and questions ONLY. For other card issuers, see this thread:

Credit Limit Increase / CLI - Experiences and Questions [2013-]
Print Wikipost

Chase Credit line increases / CLI [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2014, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by UVU Wolverine
One of my credit cards with Chase went from 5K to 7.5K recently without me requesting a CLI. I also have not updated my income with them for anything. I'm thinking it may have been due to my high balances on the card, but I could be totally green on that.
Similarly, today I noticed an unsolicited automatic CLI from $10k to $16k on a UA Explorer CC that is less than 6 months old. I used it a lot (i.e., pushing the available credit below $1k consistently) near the end of the calendar year to get the $25k spend 10k bonus points last year; so, I'm guessing that was the trigger.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 5:47 pm

Chase will occasionally adjust a CL on a card as a result of what they get from a hard pull for something else.

I applied for the MP Explorer and while I was still in recon limbo they added 2.5K to my CSP limit without any request. I took it as a good sign for probable approval when I made the recon call

They didn't even send me an email notifying me about the CLI until 2 months later, but I had noticed it immediately.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 7:58 am

I requested a CLI and got a pending response, is it just a polite way of saying you're declined or are they seriously considering ? Does pending ever end up in a successful CLI .
Old Feb 5, 2014, 5:12 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Nice surprise! Signed on this morning to see a $1k CLI on my Freedom!

Maybe Chase is finally seeing how often I have to pay my card down to keep it below the CL.

More surprisingly, this comes a few days after I closed my savings account with them and said I would not be banking solely through them anymore...
Old Feb 5, 2014, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by anonymous4a
I requested a CLI and got a pending response, is it just a polite way of saying you're declined or are they seriously considering ? Does pending ever end up in a successful CLI .

Last edited by anonymous4a; Feb 5, 2014 at 6:49 am
Old Feb 16, 2014, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by CFFrost
Got an interesting e-mail from Chase last night:

I'm trying to figure out why I got this e-mail. Part of me wonders if my MS has lead Chase to believe my income has increased, and they want to verify the same. This is also my lowest credit line with Chase. I don't think I'll do anything with it, but it is interesting none the less.
I just received this e-mail for the second time. Kind of interesting I received it twice in a few weeks.

Originally Posted by hitman1420
If it doesn't result in a hard pull, why wouldn't you want it?

Does requesting a CLI usually involve a hard pull? Seems like in those emails, Chase just wanted a confirmation of income.
This is why I am skeptical. There is a part of me that thinks Chase is curious about my current income due to MS. My spend has gone up quite a bit over the past several months and I wonder if they assume my income has increased correspondingly and are trying to confirm as much. Since I don't really need more credit, I'd rather not bother responding.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
I just received an offer to increase the CL on my Chase Sapphire Preferred without an inquiry. This tells me Chase is willing to give me more credit. Should I do this so that I have more available to move around if I apply for another card, or just apply for another card straight away (in my next AoR)?

Thanks!
Old Feb 28, 2014, 3:19 pm

They increased my CSP without telling me. All of a sudden the credit doubled. I called and asked and said they sometimes do this, and there was no hard pull.

I got a notification by e-mail about a month after it was increased telling me it was just increased.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by waygora
They increased my CSP without telling me. All of a sudden the credit doubled. I called and asked and said they sometimes do this, and there was no hard pull.

I got a notification by e-mail about a month after it was increased telling me it was just increased.
I feel like I might as well take it, while they're offering it to me. I can always move that credit around, if I apply for a new card.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 6:36 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by roki
I feel like I might as well take it, while they're offering it to me. I can always move that credit around, if I apply for a new card.
^ I agree for this fact solely.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by healthnut
^ I agree for this fact solely.
I did it and they bumped it up 50%

^^
Old Mar 1, 2014, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by CFFrost
I just received this e-mail for the second time. Kind of interesting I received it twice in a few weeks.

This is why I am skeptical. There is a part of me that thinks Chase is curious about my current income due to MS. My spend has gone up quite a bit over the past several months and I wonder if they assume my income has increased correspondingly and are trying to confirm as much. Since I don't really need more credit, I'd rather not bother responding.
I received the same offer via post a few days later. Didn't respond there, either. They've really been after me the past month or two . . .
Old Mar 1, 2014, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium
Nice, I just went from $5,000 to $6,000 on my CSP. I put about $1,500 through it a month, getting up to $3,000 in December buying gifts.

Still at $1,000 on my Freedom though, which I put about $400 of spend through each month.

Got both cards in November 2013.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 11:25 am

Chase Ink Plus CLI?

hey guys
i have an Ink Plus with a 5k limit, I had secure messaged Chase to see if I could move some of my CSP limit over to it but that was not possible- they don't permit personal to business CL transfers apparently.

Does anyone have any info on their experience with a CLI on Ink Plus? I would be happy to reduce my CSP CL if needed, but I don't even see a link on the site to request a CLI.

any info is appreciated.
thanks all
Old Jul 22, 2014, 11:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
I was able to move CL from CSP to Ink Plus. My understanding is you just can't do it the other way (Business to Personal). Try calling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.