Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase application pending review [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
The thread (and wiki) you should be reading instead of this one is Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present. Do yourself a favor and go there now.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2015, 6:55 pm

Hey all,

I have a CSP opened June 2014, a Citi HHonors March 2015, Amex Delta/Chase MPE/Chase IHG all in May 2015. I just applied for the Ink Plus and got pending. 760 credit score, 75k income and 30k business revenue, do you guys think they just need to confirm info or am I screwed? :/
Old Jun 23, 2015, 6:55 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by vrbaba
I dont see a reason to keep paying Chase fees on CSP and others...
Fair enough. The reason I see for paying annual fees is because I may never be able to get those Chase cards again. Read the thread and see those lamenting having cancelled theirs and now not being able to get them again.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by RNE
Fair enough. The reason I see for paying annual fees is because I may never be able to get those Chase cards again. Read the thread and see those lamenting having cancelled theirs and now not being able to get them again.
In my case, with the Citi partners, I will be putting all my dining and travel spend on their cards, so no loss. One of the reasons to consider Chase is the Ink card, which offers 5x on office supply and is unrivaled. The other reason would be if you really value the United, Korean, Hyatt and other partnerships enough to accrue via traditional spend.

In the end, for Chase to simply deny credit for credit worthy consumer is more damaging than Amex simply saying you can only get a bonus once but still get the card. I decide to vote with my wallet (or lack thereof for Chase cards), others may not.

My original question is still - if you were to "inform" chase, what is the best method? I dont expect a response or change, but hopefully will go in as a record for someone smart enough to possibly review later.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 2:41 am

I hear that applying in-branch gets you a higher chance of approval. However, I want to give a friend a referral bonus when I apply for a card. Is there a way to apply in-branch and still be able to give my friend the referral bonus?
Old Jun 24, 2015, 6:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
Originally Posted by Red259
Too bad didn't you didn't call back specifically for the business app. I would have loved to know if maybe they would have let the business card slip through.
I was in the exact same situation. CSP denied but ink cash is approved. The only difference is I never called back post application. I have already have ink bold for last 4+ years
Old Jun 24, 2015, 9:16 am

has anyone had luck going into a chase bank and having a banker help you with recon? I'm at 5 cards in the last 2 years, 2-3 authorized users, 760 credit score applied for ink plus. it's pending for 2 days, any tips guys?
Old Jun 24, 2015, 12:09 pm

Programs: PetCo Pals Rewards
Originally Posted by vrbaba
My original question is still - if you were to "inform" chase, what is the best method? I dont expect a response or change, but hopefully will go in as a record for someone smart enough to possibly review later.
Probably a written letter. A secure message will end up in India and may not make it back to higher ups.

Originally Posted by Light
I hear that applying in-branch gets you a higher chance of approval. However, I want to give a friend a referral bonus when I apply for a card. Is there a way to apply in-branch and still be able to give my friend the referral bonus?
Why not call the branch and ask? The referral email has a code in it they may be able to put in.

Originally Posted by techoin
I was in the exact same situation. CSP denied but ink cash is approved. The only difference is I never called back post application. I have already have ink bold for last 4+ years
Interesting point. You aren't the first person whose experience suggests that calling recon adversely affects chances.

Originally Posted by alany611
has anyone had luck going into a chase bank and having a banker help you with recon? I'm at 5 cards in the last 2 years, 2-3 authorized users, 760 credit score applied for ink plus. it's pending for 2 days, any tips guys?
Not yet. Let us know how it works!
Old Jun 24, 2015, 12:16 pm

I applied for United again on the 9th and the app is still pending. Since then I decreased the credit on a Ritz card from 10k to 1500 and closed an unused SW card. Has anyone else waited this long on a pending app? I definitely am not calling.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....

I wait since the 1st on my SW ( the CSP was declined a couple of weeks back)
Old Jun 24, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott
Just applied for Chase Freedom, got a 'We need to review your application a little longer'. What are the best steps to improve chance of approval? I've only received 2 new cards in past 2 years.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by pritomd
Just applied for Chase Freedom, got a 'We need to review your application a little longer'. What are the best steps to improve chance of approval? I've only received 2 new cards in past 2 years.
I just applied to Chase Fairmont today and got the same message. I called in at was ultimately denied (my first denial in 5 years!). They first started with personal verification info, but then the rep directly asked "why are you applying to 7 new credit cards in 2 years? are you doing this just for points?" there were lots of questions about what I was using the cards for, I believed I answered them well but it basically came down to the number of cards in the last 2 years. Apparently, others have luck in branch if they have a chase checking account to override the credit app.

Your number of apps is very low. If you call in be ready to have non-points reasons for why you need the cards. Im crossing my fngers for you please update on results!
Old Jun 25, 2015, 10:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pritomd
I concur with abo456 - 2 cards in 2 years seems like the delay isn't due to your number of credit applications. (UNLESS - when you say you've received two cards, you've actually applied for 4+ and were turned down for >2).

Originally Posted by abo456
I just applied to Chase Fairmont today and got the same message. I called in at was ultimately denied (my first denial in 5 years!). They first started with personal verification info, but then the rep directly asked "why are you applying to 7 new credit cards in 2 years? are you doing this just for points?" there were lots of questions about what I was using the cards for, I believed I answered them well but it basically came down to the number of cards in the last 2 years. Apparently, others have luck in branch if they have a chase checking account to override the credit app.
Similar datapoint, different result. I applied for Chase Fairmont on Monday, had to call recon, and they needed to verify a lot of information, but still needed more time to make a decision. I'm at 7 CCs in the last two years as well, but two are business, and only two Chase. Anyways, this morning (3 days after application) the Fairmont shows up in the Chase account, so looks like I was approved.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by jameswes
I concur with abo456 - 2 cards in 2 years seems like the delay isn't due to your number of credit applications. (UNLESS - when you say you've received two cards, you've actually applied for 4+ and were turned down for >2).

Similar datapoint, different result. I applied for Chase Fairmont on Monday, had to call recon, and they needed to verify a lot of information, but still needed more time to make a decision. I'm at 7 CCs in the last two years as well, but two are business, and only two Chase. Anyways, this morning (3 days after application) the Fairmont shows up in the Chase account, so looks like I was approved.
Nice good for u. What's ur banking/cc history with chase? I'm a fairly new chase customer so I wonder if that plays into why I was denied. Also, any tips from our recon call? What was ur response when they asked theywhy u needed more than 7 credit cards?
Old Jun 25, 2015, 11:28 am

I called recon again today, they are still firm on the denial. This time he didn't push much on cards in the last 24 months but mainly said its due to having a short account history with chase (<1 year). I even lowered my existing LOC with chase before applying in hopes of better odds for auto approval. How long to wait before reapplying? Maybe if I go app free for 6 months, and plus 2 of my chase cards will be over a year old by then. or is that not enough time?
Old Jun 25, 2015, 11:49 am

The United card was approved today but only with 5k. Should have transferred some from Ritz instead of just reducing. I guess the five card "rule" doesn't apply to everyone because I've received about 10 or so new cards this year (3 from Chase) alone and have A LOT of inquiries. It seems best not to call recon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.