Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

my worst fear when I logged into Chase tonight....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2012, 12:55 am
Original Poster

Had complete row of "information not available". For a second, I thought all my accounts were closed. Turns out they were doing a system upgrade when I called in. Same thing for Southwest. Hopefully everything is back tomorrow morning.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 1:47 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL PM, *A G, IHGClub PlatAmb, SPG G, Marriott G
Originally Posted by webazoid
Had complete row of "information not available". For a second, I thought all my accounts were closed. Turns out they were doing a system upgrade when I called in. Same thing for Southwest. Hopefully everything is back tomorrow morning.
From the header above my account information it states:
CHASE ONLINESM Sunday, April 22, 2012
Site Availability
Due to scheduled maintenance, credit card balances and some credit card rewards information will be unavailable Sunday, April 22, from midnight ET until around 7 AM. (Updated April 20)

It should be back up later today.

Last edited by mia; Apr 22, 2012 at 9:35 am Reason: please remove images from quoted posts
Old Apr 22, 2012, 2:21 am

I had that same heart stopping moment too. I just redeemed over $1,000 in statement credits earlier this week, and I was worried it might have been a trigger. Crazy that so many people are getting shut down. I use my card for business purchases, and rack up quite a bit of spending, but I'm guessing some of these folks take it to a whole nother level.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 3:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Misc. others
Me too - I had a few moments of panic before I remembered that there was scheduled maintenance tonight!!
Old Apr 22, 2012, 7:11 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Chase is usually down (especially the CCs) early Sunday AM, sometimes later into the morning, for system mx
Old Apr 22, 2012, 8:34 am

Yup almost like clockwork that they're down every Sunday early AM
Old Apr 22, 2012, 8:56 am

It is pretty common in the wee hours of the night. Plus Chase had a notice of maintenance up for the past week. You guys must not access your banking information (at night) often if you got scared by that.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 9:17 am

Programs: Several dozen
Chase just hired some folks from the AMEX Financial Review (FR) Team and they were deciding to have a little fun?
Old Apr 22, 2012, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
General credit card questions & comments belong on the Credit Card Programs Forum not MilesBuzz. Thanks.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Folks,

Chase has had System Maintenance, Site Availability Notice up on its website for this maintenance for at least 2 weeks in advance. In that Notice it detailed out what information was not available and what functions would be down...

It happens at least once a month, but it always gives advanced notice.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by webazoid

I think a row of zeroes would be scarier!
Old Apr 25, 2012, 3:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by milevalue
I think a row of zeroes would be scarier!
If they'd do that to the balance line, I'd be ok with that
Old May 26, 2012, 5:45 pm

Is anyone else having problems with logging into chase sapphire account or ultimaterewardcom today? I can login my chase account, but chase sapphire is the only account (among others) that is showing 'not available'. I don't see a maintenance schedule for today though.

On ultimaterewards, i get a message that it's temporarily unavailable and to contact chase if I have questions etc. It's a little strange as outage usually happens across all accounts, not just one. I recently closed a few other cards, got a united cc with a decent credit line, and transferred out a good portion of my ultimate rewards points. I guess it's probably nothing, but I wondered if others are experiencing an outage too.
Old May 26, 2012, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by BOShappyflyer
Is anyone else having problems with logging into chase sapphire account or ultimaterewardcom today? I can login my chase account, but chase sapphire is the only account (among others) that is showing 'not available'. I don't see a maintenance schedule for today though.
Uh, never mind - false alarm! It's back up for me now. Apparently, it is just a regular outage, but weird as it's in the early evening and not in the maintenance window timeframe.
Old May 26, 2012, 6:05 pm

That sounded worrisome, because recently people have been transferring UR points to other people's UR accounts or airline accounts. These things can be done at no charge and to an unrelated (even unknown) person. In some cases they're selling the points for 1.6 cents on the dollar (see FW for more info). I will not admit to participating .... however I just checked and was relieved to see that my Chase Sapphire account and its associated remaining rewards are still intact and visible online.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.