[Now Dead]100,000 BA Avios Chase Card, $150 fee

Old Jun 14, 12, 2:56 pm

Got "pending" online, but no email message at all. But yesterday saw BA Card online at chase.com and called to find out I was approved. Now waiting for the card and then will verify promo.
Old Jun 15, 12, 8:27 am

Sent app, was not immediately approved but when i called the line, i was. Told them i wanted to book a flight immediately,mthey sent the card overnight free of charge. Thanks guys!.
Old Jun 15, 12, 10:44 am

100K right off the bat?

Received my BA Visa card today. When I called to activate, the representative told me TWICE that I get 100K miles after 1st use.

Knowing that the offer I applied for was 50K, then 50K in the 2nd year, I decided not to press her. Ill just wait until my 1st statement and see what happens!
Old Jun 15, 12, 10:55 am

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by gm9928 View Post
Received my BA Visa card today. When I called to activate, the representative told me TWICE that I get 100K miles after 1st use.

Knowing that the offer I applied for was 50K, then 50K in the 2nd year, I decided not to press her. Ill just wait until my 1st statement and see what happens!
I received that message too, but seems to be inaccurate. Both my wife and I received the 50K at first spend... now expecting the second 50K at the anniversary.
Old Jun 15, 12, 11:25 am
Formerly known as vgandhi

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold
100,000 BA Avios Chase Card, $150 fee

Received my BA Visa card today. When I called to activate, the representative told me TWICE that I get “100K miles after 1st use.”

Knowing that the offer I applied for was 50K, then 50K in the 2nd year, I decided not to press her. I’ll just wait until my 1st statement and see what happens! Too I have the same experience but at least the offer is noted with 100k avios each that are pretty valuable especially I want to fly to and within south America next year. Thanks OP for the info and the trick to get the points we did not have to buy any tickets either
Old Jun 15, 12, 3:01 pm

Does this card earn any extra Avios (beyond 1.25/Dollar) when used for BA hotel or rental car partner services (as the Chase Southwest Visa earns with SW partners)?
Old Jun 15, 12, 5:46 pm

No problem getting the Chase application

I was a little leary about clicking through the bogus BA reservation (I chose one way ORD-LHR), but after I booked the flight, I got the offer for the 50k + 50k Chase card, and clicked on the red button and wha-lah, the application came up. I got a "pending," so I'm waiting to hear from Chase. I should get it, since i haven't been turned down in a long time for a credit card. I just clicked "pay with another card" then just moved on without buying anything.

When you do get your BA Chase card, though, be aware that you can save 10% off your airfare for any flights books on BA (not American Airlines, or the others) by paying with this card. There is a little toggle on the top right after you get a quote for the price where you can fill in a code number. I'm going to London in August and it worked! It's good until the end of the year.

Here's the blurb on it. https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_us [Requires login to BAEC account - Mod]

Not sure exactly how I will use the avios, since it's sort of a bizarre thing to figure out. From what I've read so far, it's sort of a science project, but I'm sure I'll find something to do with them.

No foreign transaction fees is a good thing; I also like the "chip" card; since I've ran into trouble too many times with just the American swipe card, so hope that ends some of the hassles, especially in the Paris Metro and the Tube at some stations. And maybe Italy too.

Last edited by mia; Jun 15, 12 at 6:26 pm
Old Jun 15, 12, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by gm9928 View Post

won't happen. I was told the same thing and clarified it with here several times. after 1st statement got 50K as advertised not 100K
Old Jun 15, 12, 11:27 pm

I just called to activate my card and they said that the bonus miles will post 6-8 weeks after making 1st purchase. They also said that the statement close date and due date have nothing to do with when the miles will post. Was the agent I spoke with wrong?
Old Jun 15, 12, 11:54 pm

Programs: US CP; AA LTG; HH Dia; SPG Plat; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mbmiles88 View Post
I just called to activate my card and they said that the bonus miles will post 6-8 weeks after making 1st purchase. They also said that the statement close date and due date have nothing to do with when the miles will post. Was the agent I spoke with wrong?
Yup.
Old Jun 16, 12, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by lkar View Post
Yup.
So if I just got the card today, what day should I make the cycle date close in order to receive the miles the soonest?
Old Jun 16, 12, 8:12 am

Programs: US CP; AA LTG; HH Dia; SPG Plat; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mbmiles88 View Post
So if I just got the card today, what day should I make the cycle date close in order to receive the miles the soonest?
Dunno. Long enough to make sure the annual fee posts. Someone reported that their statement closed for the first month just a few days after they used the card for the first time and before the annual fee posted and they did not get the 50k. When did they tell you your statement closes? If it is reasonably close I wouldn't mess with it. If they let you change it, I would probably make it no earlier than late June.
Old Jun 16, 12, 12:18 pm

Curious as to a data point maybe a rencent applicant could help with... Both me and my wife got the 100k offer when it came out in 2009. I cancelled November 2011, reapplied last month and have already gotten my first 50k...

My wife still has her original card from 2009, if i cancell it now and immediately reapply, im wondering if she would be approved and get the new bonus.

In the past with chase, which has been more important on a churn...The time since you applied for the original offer, or the time since you cancelled the the original offer card???
Old Jun 16, 12, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tru2logan View Post
Curious as to a data point maybe a rencent applicant could help with... Both me and my wife got the 100k offer when it came out in 2009. I cancelled November 2011, reapplied last month and have already gotten my first 50k...

My wife still has her original card from 2009, if i cancell it now and immediately reapply, im wondering if she would be approved and get the new bonus.

In the past with chase, which has been more important on a churn...The time since you applied for the original offer, or the time since you cancelled the the original offer card???
Chase has no set rule like the Citi AAdvantage cards which really are unique as other Citicards dont behave the same.

Your wife's issue is, should she not get an instant approval but require a call to the recon - she would be questioned why she needs a 2nd card if the existing one still open, OR, why she canceled her existing card and then turned around to apply again? (we can re-open your recently canceled one.) So you really have no good option here other than praying for an instant approval.
Old Jun 16, 12, 5:02 pm
Formerly known as vgandhi

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold
Originally Posted by tru2logan View Post

I cancelled my chase united card which I had from last 10 years and applied for the new one the denied so I called the number on the denial letter and explained to them that I was getting a different product and will like to switch the credit from my previous card onto the new one after involving a supervisor the approved me and will give me the card and bonus you can try the same

Search this Thread