Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

OMG, after 5 calls, my chase applications got approved! Thank you all!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2012, 6:39 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, Hyatt, Marriott

I almost gave up after 4 frustrating calls about reconsideration on my marriott card application. All said there are too many inquires and just got two cards from chase this Feb and do not even give me the chance to move some credit from my existing two cards. But today I tried to make a last call. I made the call just after 8:00am ET today(Monday). There is a nice female customer service. I told her I get declined because of too many credit inquires. But I just refinanced my house this feb. The lady is very nice and ask some inofrmation of my house. I led the conversation and told her I am not looking for more credit but as a frequent business traveler, I stay in marriott too many times. I just want to move some credit to marriott card. The lady check my credit limit and say it is OK and ask me how about your other application of freedom card. I feel extremely excited and said also move some to that card. After wait for about 5 minutes, the lady told me marriott with 5k and freedom with 3k. I love Chase!

Never ever give up!
My experian is 713 and there are 17 inquires during past 24 months on experian.

thank you all!

Originally Posted by kunk00
I got two cards from chase this feb, one is sapphire and the other is united.
Three days ago I applied for two more credit cards fro chase, freedom and marriott. All were under further review. I called customer service and was told both were declined and I explain my situation with two service representatives and all denied reconsideration.

The main reason is too many hard inquires(6 this year) and short credit history(average 2 year and 7 months). My credit score is 713(experian). I ask them to relocate some credit from other card and they also turned me down.

I know I should not apply for chase in such short time. But is there any probability to get chance? Many thanks for your suggestion.

By jimmy1:

unfortunately you were declined for obvious reasons and what many of the pros in this site has been advising against. you are applying for 2 more chase cards when you already applied and got 2 chase cards just over a month ago.
chase is strict about approving cards within very short time.

if you have 720 plus score and hadn't applied for 2 chase cards just over a month ago or applied for just one chase card, you might have a shot at once more chase card now. but that's not the case here

Look at other companies like amex and citi too or wait about 3 months for new chase card.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 6:52 am
Suspended

my sister with 785 score applied for chase SP and CHASE UME card. one got approved on phone. For the sapphire, the rep the said i have to wait for decision, i pressed to look in to it and kept saying same thing.. called the recon line again and says the it is going for review and there is nothing she can do at this stage but shows RECOMMENDED for APPROVAL but wait for decision in mail.
The rep said the reason the SP is going through review process is that i also just applied and got the chase ume card. She says everything looks good in my credit.
so looks more like she will get the sp also.

she only has chase freedom before this applied in 2007 and has chase checking and saving and clean credit.
she did the chase sp and ume at about same time, did citi aa amex & visa and got instant approval . she doesn't have any citi cards.

Note : I advise against doing 2 browser trick with chase, specially no 2 chase personal cards.

update: automated status now says both got approved with 15K and 12k credit limit each!

Last edited by jimmy1; Apr 9, 2012 at 5:21 pm
Old Apr 9, 2012, 7:13 am
Suspended

I almost gave up after 4 frustrating calls about reconsideration on my marriott card application. All said there are too many inquires and just got two cards from chase this Feb and do not even give me the chance to move some credit from my existing two cards. But today I tried to make a last call. I made the call just after 8:00am ET today(Monday). There is a nice female customer service. I told her I get declined because of too many credit inquires. But I just refinanced my house this feb. The lady is very nice and ask some inofrmation of my house. I led the conversation and told her I am not looking for more credit but as a frequent business traveler, I stay in marriott too many times. I just want to move some credit to marriott card. The lady check my credit limit and say it is OK and ask me how about your other application of freedom card. I feel extremely excited and said also move some to that card. After wait for about 5 minutes, the lady told me marriott with 5k and freedom with 3k. I love Chase!

Never ever give up!
My experian is 713 and there are 17 inquires during past 24 months on experian.

thank you all!

I got two cards from chase this feb, one is sapphire and the other is united.
Three days ago I applied for two more credit cards fro chase, freedom and marriott. All were under further review. I called customer service and was told both were declined and I explain my situation with two service representatives and all denied reconsideration.

The main reason is too many hard inquires(6 this year) and short credit history(average 2 year and 7 months). My credit score is 713(experian). I ask them to relocate some credit from other card and they also turned me down.

I know I should not apply for chase in such short time. But is there any probability to get chance? Many thanks for your suggestion.

By jimmy1:

unfortunately you were declined for obvious reasons and what many of the pros in this site has been advising against. you are applying for 2 more chase cards when you already applied and got 2 chase cards just over a month ago.
chase is strict about approving cards within very short time.

if you have 720 plus score and hadn't applied for 2 chase cards just over a month ago or applied for just one chase card, you might have a shot at once more chase card now. but that's not the case here

Look at other companies like amex and citi too or wait about 3 months for new chase card.
congrats!
17 hard pulls in just 2 yrs seems too many though but hey you didn't give up and you won! superb!
Old Apr 9, 2012, 7:30 am
Suspended
Original Poster

actually 17 hard pull during last 1 year and half. I just bought a house in US Nov 2010 and stay here for half time a year.

Last edited by kunk00; Jun 9, 2012 at 3:22 am
Old Apr 9, 2012, 7:52 am

I called 6 times for the CSP also... finally got it through. I gotta say I like chase customer service best of all the cards so far.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

actually 17 hard pull during last 1 year and half. I just bought a house in US Nov 2010 and stay here for half time a year. I had SSN twelve years ago when I am in business school in US. Fortunely I did leave a credit card open for 12 years. Even though when I was back nov 2010, it is hard to find an underwriter to finance my house. And I applied 5 credit cards then only get one approved with 5K credit limit.

It is ridiculous since I just move here and spent a lot on everything. The only way to use credit card is to deposit many times during one billing cycle. I signed two mobile contracts, appled for two auto loan, even open my first checking account, they check my credit. And when I have a better credit history, I refinance my house and also got two hard pull. I really do not know where some of these hard pulls come from. Someone told me to complain. I do not know how.

When I got saphire prefered card, i really like it. And when I check chase website, there are so many good credit cards there. Because of this try, I learned a lot about credit. And without your help, I cannot finally got what I want. thank you all.
I assume you have gotten a copy of your credit report, hence you do not recognize some of the hard pulls - some of them might be the finance companies the car dealers used, or the mortgage broker(s) used. In any case, you could file a complaint with the reporting agency - there is option online to do so - and identify those hard pulls you dont know where / for what they came from, request those be removed from your report.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
In-spite of 17 Hard pulls.. you made it. Congrats
Old Apr 9, 2012, 1:39 pm

Moral of the story is that it is getting harder and harder to apply for chase cards and be careful in your choices
Old Apr 9, 2012, 11:30 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

yes, some of them are from mortgage company and car dealer. I do not know their name. But I did refinance recently. I thought they might be part of the transaction. I will try to make a complaint. Thank you.

if you can provide a link about online option, that would be perfect.

thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.