Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus Club Card, 1st Year Annual Fee Waived, Tied to United Status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2015, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RNE
How do I get the first-year free offer for the United Club card?

There is no foolproof method. As of January 2016, anecdotal evidence strongly suggests that the first-year-free offer (as opposed to the standard offer with $395 AF, minus $100 credit with first purchase) is targeted at UA elites and former paid Club members.

In prior years, some of the following links gave non-elites access to the first-year-free offer. Current odds of success appear to be low.
Regardless of the method used, you will need to log into your UA account to see the offer available to you.

How do I find/apply for the United MileagePlus Club Business Card?

https://www.theexplorercard.com/Club50kAF

Go to www.theexplorercard.com, then either
  • Click "Are you a business owner?" in the top right then "Learn about the MileagePlus Club Business Card" in the right column.
  • Click "Compare to the MileagePlus Club Card" in the right column then "Compare to the MileagePlus Club Business Card" in the right column.

After logging into your United account, you may be targeted for the annual fee waiver on the business version of the card.
Print Wikipost

United MileagePlus Club Card, 1st Year Annual Fee Waived, Tied to United Status?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2018, 10:00 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by ryanmcv
Reading through the fine print on the application, it says it will take 6 weeks for the membership card to arrive. Does it really take that long?
My physical card (received a few days ago) arrived just over 2 weeks after approval.
Old May 1, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Zorak
My physical card (received a few days ago) arrived just over 2 weeks after approval.
Thanks. Maybe I'll get lucky. I was approved 2 weeks ago. Still a week and a half before my trip starts.
Old May 2, 2018, 8:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ryanmcv
Might be able to show the digital card and plead my case, but I'd rather have the physical card.
The digital card does have a scanable bar code.
Old May 2, 2018, 9:02 am

I was in the system well before I received my card.
You don’t need your card anyway. They just scan your boarding pass.
Old May 2, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Kensterfly
Unless you want to use it while flying another airline. My digital cred showed up while I was in LAS so got to use the UC before my return flight on DL
Old May 2, 2018, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
The digital card does have a scanable bar code.
Again, I'm not concerned about getting into United Clubs. I want to be able to access the Star Alliance lounge at LAX next Friday during a 4-hour layover. Based on everything I've read, Star Alliance lounges require the PHYSICAL United Club card as a condition of entry. If the physical card doesn't arrive before next Friday, I will attempt to access the LAX Star Alliance lounge with the digital card in my United app, but I'm worried that they will give me a hard time.
Old May 2, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: CHASE UNITED CLUB; CITI PRESTIGE; IHG SPIRE AMBASSADOR; RITZ-CARLTON GOLD; Global Entry
Only if I fly UA planes for UA clubs. I used my boarding passes several hundred times that way.
I don't know about flying other planes for UA clubs. I am almost certain I need the physical card
to get to other star lounges while flying star planes. Something less related, I just came back from ZRH
on SWISS planes and I got in the Senator lounge in ZRH G-wing with the club card. I thought I would only
be entitled to the business lounge. Maybe the girl on the front desk made a mistake.

Old May 5, 2018, 5:02 pm

Received my actual Club membership card today, almost exactly 3 weeks after approval. Not too bad. At least I'll have it for my upcoming trip.
Old May 6, 2018, 6:09 am

I know I can take 3 weeks to get the card but does anyone know how long it takes for the club membership to appear in your United account? I just signed up and was approved for the card yesterday (Saturday) and am flying tomorrow (Monday). Any chance the club membership will appear in my account by then?
Old May 6, 2018, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by msjrapps
I know I can take 3 weeks to get the card but does anyone know how long it takes for the club membership to appear in your United account? I just signed up and was approved for the card yesterday (Saturday) and am flying tomorrow (Monday). Any chance the club membership will appear in my account by then?
I think my membership showed up in the app ~2 days after approval, so some chance! 🤞
Old May 6, 2018, 10:14 am

try scanning your boarding pass at the club regardless of whether the membership shows on your app. I think mine worked within 2 days by doing that, even thought it wasn't showing in the app.
Old May 6, 2018, 2:10 pm

Took about 2 business days after approval for my United account to show the Club membership. You might get lucky, but I think Monday will be too soon. Could be wrong. Check the United app on your phone when you get to the airport and look for the digital Club card. Or just try going to the Club, scan your boarding pass, and see what happens.
Old May 6, 2018, 2:12 pm

Looks like I got lucky! The club pass is already appearing in my United app. That's under 24 hours and over a weekend.. so far I am impressed!
Old May 7, 2018, 2:41 pm

Looks like I got lucky! The club pass is already appearing in my United app. That's under 24 hours and over a weekend.. so far I am impressed!
Great news! ^
Old May 15, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
I'm booking a cruise for next year using my Club card for payment. Is anyone familiar enough with the insurance associated with the card to tell me if it would be good enough to avoid paying for the travel insurance offered by the cruise line? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.