Wiki Posts
Search

UR Bookings after canceling CSR

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2021, 9:38 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

UR Bookings after canceling CSR

So I pretty sure I'm going to be canceling my CSR after 5yrs now. Just can't justify the new AF and I recently was approved for the Cap One X card so lots of overlap. But...what I'm wondering is...I've got a few things I've booked for an upcoming trip in march that I booked through the UR portal. Some with points, others with cash. I assume it's safe to say the cah bookings are unaffected. What about the points bookings? It's not as if those will get cancled out, right.

I guess my real worry is if I cancel or need to change one of my UR point bookings. If I cancel do I loose the points? Or will they get refunded to my other chase freedom card? What if I need to make a change to one of the bookings, any idea?

Thanks for the insight.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Old Dec 31, 2021, 4:44 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by tpsmith82
.... What about the points bookings? It's not as if those will get cancled out, right.....
Correct. When you redeem UR points for travel the agency pays the airline, hotel, etc with money. If you downgrade your Sapphire Reserve card to a Freedom card, which you can do even if you already have a Freedom card, any refunds should go to that card.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 8:12 am

I am in the same situation as you! I had called CSR customer service. They said even if you do not have an active UR account you are OK. Just keep track of your itinerary number. Having said that if you refund your existing reservation as a credit voucher, you would be OK. If you refund it for cash, my guess is that it would be converted into the original number of UR points - which would be worth less for rebooking if you are on a Freedom card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.