Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus Club Card, 1st Year Annual Fee Waived, Tied to United Status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2015, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RNE
How do I get the first-year free offer for the United Club card?

There is no foolproof method. As of January 2016, anecdotal evidence strongly suggests that the first-year-free offer (as opposed to the standard offer with $395 AF, minus $100 credit with first purchase) is targeted at UA elites and former paid Club members.

In prior years, some of the following links gave non-elites access to the first-year-free offer. Current odds of success appear to be low.
Regardless of the method used, you will need to log into your UA account to see the offer available to you.

How do I find/apply for the United MileagePlus Club Business Card?

https://www.theexplorercard.com/Club50kAF

Go to www.theexplorercard.com, then either
  • Click "Are you a business owner?" in the top right then "Learn about the MileagePlus Club Business Card" in the right column.
  • Click "Compare to the MileagePlus Club Card" in the right column then "Compare to the MileagePlus Club Business Card" in the right column.

After logging into your United account, you may be targeted for the annual fee waiver on the business version of the card.
Print Wikipost

United MileagePlus Club Card, 1st Year Annual Fee Waived, Tied to United Status?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: Coffee Shop Buy 10 Get 1 Free
As a DL loyalist I am tempted to close my Amex Plat and look into this this one. Work has pretty much made us use solely United and *A partners and it's always a hassle to justify *not* using UA with accounting I think I am just going to wave the white flag and move on here. My question though, browsing through this when it comes to expanded Saver Awards- how much more really do you get? I have no UA status currently. Any input is appreciated
Old Aug 30, 2018, 5:35 pm

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by DG206
As a DL loyalist I am tempted to close my Amex Plat and look into this this one. Work has pretty much made us use solely United and *A partners and it's always a hassle to justify *not* using UA with accounting I think I am just going to wave the white flag and move on here. My question though, browsing through this when it comes to expanded Saver Awards- how much more really do you get? I have no UA status currently. Any input is appreciated
The expanded saver awards are only in coach, so be aware of that. I do notice a fair number of awards that are available to me that otherwise would not be, so it is a real benefit. Just don't expect any first class saver awards, especially domestically. I have the card, and enjoy having the lounge access along with the 2 free bags, and 1.5 miles/dollar.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by BBSHOPSINGER
The expanded saver awards are only in coach, so be aware of that. I do notice a fair number of awards that are available to me that otherwise would not be, so it is a real benefit. Just don't expect any first class saver awards, especially domestically. I have the card, and enjoy having the lounge access along with the 2 free bags, and 1.5 miles/dollar.
Oh bummer about the no expanded F but the Economy saver fares can be a pretty decent deal in their own especially on the partner awards. Thanks!
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:17 am
Etp

Originally Posted by DG206
Oh bummer about the no expanded F but the Economy saver fares can be a pretty decent deal in their own especially on the partner awards. Thanks!
You get expanded availability only on UA Economy, not on partner awards.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Etp
You get expanded availability only on UA Economy, not on partner awards.
Although this is true, I generally see good partner award availability in coach at most times.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA, UA
Chase terms restricting bonus MP Club card

Received pre-approval for the Chase MileagePlus Club card, 50K for $3K spend, with $450 AF waived for the first year. One of the terms read " Chase cardmembers who currently have or have had a Chase credit card in any Rewards Program associated with this offer, may not be eligible for a second Chase credit card in the same Rewards Program.

I currently have the Chase MileagePlus Explorer card. Does this restriction imply I won't get the miles bonus for the new Club card if I have the MP Explorer card, since it is also a United miles earning card? That doesn't make sense, since one can have both cards. Both Club and Explorer cards are the same Rewards Program right, so their restriction doesn't make sense to me. What is Chase try to say ? What are they restricting, two Club cards? I just want to make sure that IF I am approved for the Club card, that I will get the bonus miles, even tho I have another card which also earns United miles (MP Explorer).
Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:47 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
As it reads, it sounds more like you wouldn't be eligible for the card at all.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:05 am
formerly skyccord

Programs: United Premier Platinum, Hertz President Circle, Marriott/SPG Premier Plat Elite, Avis Preferred
Chase United Club Card Hyatt benefit change.

Just got this email from Chase Club.

"As a primary Cardmember, you will be able to enjoy Discoverist status in the World of Hyatt® loyalty program¹ until February 29, 2020, but you must register for this Hyatt benefit by December 31, 2018. You will no longer be able to register for this Hyatt benefit after December 31, 2018."
Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:09 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
If I am reading this correctly it isn't merely a change, the benefit is eliminated after the 2019/20 Hyatt program year.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 4:08 pm

With the reduction in United Club access this is a bummer. Hyatt (or Chase) probably hoping to sign up more WoH card members I assume
Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:33 pm
formerly skyccord

Programs: United Premier Platinum, Hertz President Circle, Marriott/SPG Premier Plat Elite, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by mia
If I am reading this correctly it isn't merely a change, the benefit is eliminated after the 2019/20 Hyatt program year.
They like to play with words but I would say that you are 100% correct.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 5:48 am

Programs: ua Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Gold, National Executive, Avis First
Just got a letter in the mail about this as well. Benefit is clearing ending. They then highlighted "special treatment" at the Luxury Collection and the Hertz status.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 1:10 pm

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis Preferred Plus
Does anyone know what happens when you cancel the card?
-Will I get my AF refunded or prorated?
-Will my United Club membership be revoked immediately?
-Will I lose the Hyatt/Hertz status?

Ideally, I'd like to keep the club access as long as possible without paying another annual fee.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 1:12 pm

Club membership is terminated immediately upon cancellation of the card.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 10:21 pm

I got an offer today on united.com with the annual fee waived. I had clicked "upgrade your flight" and it showed me an ad on the right side of the page. I only fly UA about once a year so even with the fee waived it's not worth it to me. Especially with the upcoming changes to club access and no signup bonus. Still, a free year of club access isn't bad if you can actually take advantage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.