Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus Club Card, 1st Year Annual Fee Waived, Tied to United Status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2015, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RNE
How do I get the first-year free offer for the United Club card?

There is no foolproof method. As of January 2016, anecdotal evidence strongly suggests that the first-year-free offer (as opposed to the standard offer with $395 AF, minus $100 credit with first purchase) is targeted at UA elites and former paid Club members.

In prior years, some of the following links gave non-elites access to the first-year-free offer. Current odds of success appear to be low.
Regardless of the method used, you will need to log into your UA account to see the offer available to you.

How do I find/apply for the United MileagePlus Club Business Card?

https://www.theexplorercard.com/Club50kAF

Go to www.theexplorercard.com, then either
  • Click "Are you a business owner?" in the top right then "Learn about the MileagePlus Club Business Card" in the right column.
  • Click "Compare to the MileagePlus Club Card" in the right column then "Compare to the MileagePlus Club Business Card" in the right column.

After logging into your United account, you may be targeted for the annual fee waiver on the business version of the card.
Print Wikipost

United MileagePlus Club Card, 1st Year Annual Fee Waived, Tied to United Status?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2012, 8:44 pm

United MileagePlus Club Card, 1st Year $395 Annual Fee Waived

I was in the United Club at SFO on March 31. They had brochures at the United Club ticketing counter with the 1st Year $395 Annual Fee Waived Offer if you use the personal invitation code inside the brochure and apply for the card by May 31, 2012.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 11:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, SPG Platinum, National Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by w0r1dtrave1er
Thank you OP. Great share. Worked for me in Safari...

1) cleared cache
2) logged into United (verified by viewing itinerary)
3) clicked link above
3a) the first time, it re-linked to a generic page
3b) closed that window and clicked again... viola
4) On the application page under annual fee it explicitly states first year free then $395

Awesome! This brightened a dark day in San Diego (it's sunny here, but I just filed taxes)
Cleared Cache did it for me! Thanks w0r1dtrave1er!
Old Apr 2, 2012, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had to do it two times, but I got the offer. The first time was the Explorer card, which I already have 2 of, since they converted my CO card to Explorer.

I doubt I'd get approved if I applied, since I have 4 Chase cards right now.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 6:28 am

I doubt I'd get approved if I applied, since I have 4 Chase cards right now.[/QUOTE]

I have 6 personal and 1 biz Chase Cards.....I think it has to do with how often you apply and your credit and relationship history with Chase.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 8:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by metoo
I doubt I'd get approved if I applied, since I have 4 Chase cards right now.

I have 6 personal and 1 biz Chase Cards.....I think it has to do with how often you apply and your credit and relationship history with Chase.[/QUOTE]

Applied for the Chase IHG Priority Club 80K points promo on Friday and the Club card yesterday...immediately approved for the IHG card but the Club card is pending...probably will get declined as I already have two UA cards and two months ago month signed up for the Chase Sapphire 50K promo.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 8:48 am

I had to be logged into UA and Chase for it to appear. Now the wrinkle for me is that I want to upgrade my Explorer Card to the Club card and still get the annual fee waived.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 8:54 am

Programs: UA Gold + 1MM; HHonors Gold; Marriott Plat
This works for me. I am debating whether I want this though. With my current travel load (low this year), I am waiting for the explorer card sign up bonus to go up. Does anyone think they will give 75k miles or higher?
Old Apr 2, 2012, 9:27 pm

Instantly approved for me. 7-10 days for Sapphire Preferred. Gonna call the reconsideration line tomorrow. Edit: Painless approval of the SP as well. Now I gotta calm down with cc apps for a while.

Thanks, OP!

Last edited by penner42; Apr 3, 2012 at 1:23 pm
Old Apr 3, 2012, 1:02 pm

Thanks so much, OP!

I already have Premier status and just got the Explorer card a couple months ago (plus the Marriott and Priority Club cards late last year), but I guess it can't hurt [much] to apply since I do plan to travel United a fair amount this year. Given the delays I've had to endure so far this year alone it would be nice to be able to check out the lounge.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 12:07 am

Programs: United
This worked

Originally Posted by chris1234
I was able to get the Annual Fee Waived offer but it required also logging into my chase account. First, sign into chase, then go to united.com (same window), sign in to united.com (view an itinerary to make sure it's really signed in, sometimes cookies leave you in this not quite signed in state), then paste the URL from this thread. Now it will take you to the explorer card member site. Paste the URL from this thread again and it should take you to the fee waived club card page.

I applied, but of course I'm going to have to go through the reconsideration line, two or three too many chase cards...

christian
Thank you for this clarification, this was only way I could see the $395 credit.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 9:22 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Thanks OP! Worked for me exactly as in the last post.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 9:37 am
formerly wunderpit

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
I logged out of UA. Emptied cache. Logged into Chase, then UA. DIDN't work. Logged out of both, then logged into UA. Worked!

Old Apr 4, 2012, 9:44 am

Programs: UA
Can anyone confirm if this offer is only eligible to United elites? Any non-Elites able to get the annual fee waived?
Old Apr 4, 2012, 11:06 am
formerly wunderpit

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Originally Posted by txrandom
Can anyone confirm if this offer is only eligible to United elites? Any non-Elites able to get the annual fee waived?
Forgot to mention that I am Premier Plat.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 6:42 pm

Received the card today. Called to activate, and let the agent go over the benefits with me. He said I'll get 10k miles after my first purchase. I didn't see that benefit in any of the stuff on the application or that I received in the mail, but it's a nice bonus.

Also asked about authorized users and club access. He said it was tied to the MP # not the credit card, so if they're not traveling with the primary card holder, no access.

Last edited by penner42; Apr 4, 2012 at 7:00 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.