Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Old Mar 8, 2014, 6:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Hmm, maybe.

The funny thing is, my old Explorer card still shows up when I log onto Chase. I had to dig around to hide it.

But I was more concerned about getting the card, spending $2k and then getting denied. The postcard I got has a deadline for the end of March and I have a trip coming up in early April, which is where I could have paid for hotels and such.

Or I could pay with my CSP card and get double the points.

But if I charged on this new Explorer and didn't get the bonus, I'd be more annoyed, at not using another card instead.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wco81
Hmm, maybe.

The funny thing is, my old Explorer card still shows up when I log onto Chase. I had to dig around to hide it.

But I was more concerned about getting the card, spending $2k and then getting denied. The postcard I got has a deadline for the end of March and I have a trip coming up in early April, which is where I could have paid for hotels and such.

Or I could pay with my CSP card and get double the points.

But if I charged on this new Explorer and didn't get the bonus, I'd be more annoyed, at not using another card instead.
Canceled cards do not disappear from Chase online. if you do not want to see it, just use the HIDE function to make it disappear.

They can remain in the HIDE mode for many months and can still be viewed once you put them back to the SHOW mode.

The showing of old cards has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO with anything related to whether you would be getting another bonus or not.

You can take your chances if you have 24 months lapse in between 2 apps. Or you can by pass it. You will NOT get Chase to give you a promise to give you a 2nd bonus again, when the T&Cs clearly said NO.

Or you can do some homework on your own and read thru old posts to determine it is worth the $16 MS cost for the $2K, that is, 1) you are willing to do your own homework, 2) you would do MS.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 9:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
What is MS?
Old Mar 9, 2014, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by wco81
What is MS?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...-spending-719/
Old Mar 10, 2014, 11:02 am

Just wanted to thank the people who posted luck asking for the $50 statement credit -- I wouldn't have thought of that.

I received the card on 2/19 and asked through SM just a couple days ago for the statement credit. They responded today similar to the cut-and-pastes in the past couple of pages here. They also confirmed I met the spend as of my last statement but it'd be a month before the 50k are reported to United.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 10:32 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium
Does anyone know if this offer is still available in a Chase branch? I can't get it to work with my United account.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SW Companion
I recently applied for the Explorer and was approved through the 30K + $50 statement offer. I then sent an SM to chase requesting the 50K offer and they responded with the following:

"Thank you for contacting Chase regarding the enrollment on
your United MileagePlus® Explorer credit card account.

Here?s a summary of your request:
? We understand you applied for an offer that provided
30,000 bonus miles and a $50 statement credit when you
submitted your application in March 2014.
? You let us know that you are interested in an offer that
provides 50,000 bonus miles and a $50 statement credit.
That offer awards 20,000 additional miles after you spend
$2,000 in the first three months your account is open.
? Please call us at the number on the back of your card
when you have spent $2,000in the first three months your
account is open so we can add the additional 20,000 bonus
miles to your account.

As a reminder, here?s how you can earn 30,000 bonus miles:
? You will receive 30,000 bonus miles after you spend
$1,000 in the first 3 months your account is open and a
$50 statement credit after your first purchase. You will
see these bonus miles post to your account six-to-eight
weeks from the date the spending requirement is met.
? You can also earn 5,000 bonus miles after you add an
authorized user to your account and make a purchase with
your card during the first three months as a Cardmember.

? You can also earn 10,000 bonus miles when you spend
$25,000 or more on your card each calendar year.

Please keep in mind that all enrollment offers are for
new, first-time United MileagePlus Explorer credit card
members only. This means we reserve the right to withhold
adding any enrollment miles if you have previously
received them on the same product on a previous date.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

Thank you"

This response seems a little odd to me...why would I need to contact them again after the spend in order to add the additional 20K? Shouldn't they set the account up now if I'm elegible and they know when I hit the spend threshold? Thanks!
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cmlsu
I recently applied for the Explorer and was approved through the 30K + $50 statement offer. I then sent an SM to chase requesting the 50K offer and they responded with the following:

This response seems a little odd to me...why would I need to contact them again after the spend in order to add the additional 20K? Shouldn't they set the account up now if I'm elegible and they know when I hit the spend threshold? Thanks!
It is a MANUAL process that is why you would need to inform them once you meet the spend requirement then they manually add the 20K to your account and would show up on the next statement - therefore be sure to do the following:

1) SAVE the reply as a pdf file - because Chase system would purge SMs of 90 days old. You want to have a record of that in case this SM is purged.

2) Monitor your spend and reply to that SM as soon as you have met the spend when they are POSTED, not pending.

3) In one to two days Chase would reply and inform you the 20K is now added to your account and will show up on your next statement.

4) Make sure you have some activities on the next cycle in order to kick out a statement with activities, together with the bonus.

It works almost like clockwork. Many many many have done the same on various Chase cards on the matched offers.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SW Companion
Thanks happy!
Old Mar 12, 2014, 4:03 pm

United mileage 30k miles

Good evening I have seen the posts related to United airlines mileage +50 K but when I applied for the card I only was sent to a link for a 30 K I tried your suggestions and they do not work I was wondering what you mean by secure message (SM) I'm going to try that in hopes of getting the other 20,000 miles added to my account. I did receive the $50 account credit.

If you can post a link that will bring me to the secure message site I would appreciate that thank you
Old Mar 12, 2014, 4:57 pm
umc

Originally Posted by Liberty1207
Good evening I have seen the posts related to United airlines mileage +50 K but when I applied for the card I only was sent to a link for a 30 K I tried your suggestions and they do not work I was wondering what you mean by secure message (SM) I'm going to try that in hopes of getting the other 20,000 miles added to my account. I did receive the $50 account credit.

If you can post a link that will bring me to the secure message site I would appreciate that thank you
You can send a secure message to Chase after you are logged in to your Chase account. Click on Secure Message Center on the upper right corner after logging in.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
It is a MANUAL process that is why you would need to inform them once you meet the spend requirement then they manually add the 20K to your account and would show up on the next statement - therefore be sure to do the following:

1) SAVE the reply as a pdf file - because Chase system would purge SMs of 90 days old. You want to have a record of that in case this SM is purged.

2) Monitor your spend and reply to that SM as soon as you have met the spend when they are POSTED, not pending.

3) In one to two days Chase would reply and inform you the 20K is now added to your account and will show up on your next statement.

4) Make sure you have some activities on the next cycle in order to kick out a statement with activities, together with the bonus.

It works almost like clockwork. Many many many have done the same on various Chase cards on the matched offers.
just as a data point, my wife recently went through this and called cust service ,after meeting spend, per the secure message and they forwarded the request to their marketing department and said we would hear from them via snail mail in a few days. we got a letter in 3-5 days saying the extra 20k would be posted after 1-2 statements
Old Mar 14, 2014, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by Churrro
I applied for the UA MileagePlus Explorer first week of January when the 50K offer was still live. Unfortunately, I didn't know about it at the time and just signed up under the regular 30K. This evening I called the chase number on the back of my card and spoke to a representative.

I told her that I was calling because my bonus miles had just posted a few days ago (true); however, the amount deposited into my account was a lot less than I was expecting... She told me these things happen and that the 50K offer was only extended to a select group of customers that qualified based upon their united mileage plus account number. She said she was going to file a report and send it over to United Marketing department - she checked to make sure I had spent the $2k so that I would qualify for the bonus from a spending perspective. I was then told to expect a letter from United in 7 - 14 days.
Update: I received a letter in the mail today from Chase. "We are writing to let you know that 20,000 miles have been added to your United MileagePlus account..."

This made my day! That's two months worth of MS for me. I was very doubtful I was going to get good news on this.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 9:07 pm

Any one can tell me if at the bank the offer is 50k or 50k+$50?

And I got 2 chase cards at 02/12 and 03/01, can I apply for this card now?
Old Mar 16, 2014, 1:27 pm

Just applied

Just applied for the 30k offer and followed similar procedure to others. Sent secure message asking for 50k offer. Will see how it goes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.