Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:08 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA, BA, DL, SPG Gold
** DIRECT 50k APP LINK **

For those of you who can't get the 50k offer to appear, here is the redirect link to the application that I saved a while back. You will NOT see the 50k splash page so YMMV, but this is the link that I followed and I can confirm that it worked for me. If you take a close look at the URL you can see that it's slightly different from the 30k redirect, so I'm guessing that the "DZ9V" and/or "06P" codes you for the higher offer.

1. Clear all cookies/history from your browser
2. Log into your United account and click on the 30k banner
3. Paste or click on this link:
https://www.theexplorercard.com/UMPC...6P&REFERID=TEC

You should get a "please wait while we prepare your application" page, and then an application with your UA FF# and address pre-filled. If you get a "Try Again" page, go back and repeat the steps. You need to be logged in AND click on the 30k banner to get the application to load.

Like I said, YMMV, but I used this link back in November and received the 50k + 5k bonus.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Spacetime17

For those of you who can't get the 50k offer to appear, here is the redirect link to the application that I saved a while back. You will NOT see the 50k splash page so YMMV, but this is the link that I followed and I can confirm that it worked for me. If you take a close look at the URL you can see that it's slightly different from the 30k redirect, so I'm guessing that the "DZ9V" and/or "06P" codes you for the higher offer.

You should get a "please wait while we prepare your application" page, and then an application with your UA FF# and address pre-filled. If you get a "Try Again" page, go back and repeat the steps. You need to be logged in AND click on the 30k banner to get the application to load.

Like I said, YMMV, but I used this link back in November and received the 50k + 5k bonus.
Can anyone confirm this? This is interesting.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:00 am

Hello all,

I am new to this flying stuff, please go easy! Just came across these forums, and they are super helpful. I had a quick question about the UA MileagePlus Explorer Card I was hoping you could answer:

Are the free promotional miles, be it 30K or 50K, counted towards your frequent flyer miles? On the United MileagePlus website, it says you need to accrue about 30K miles to book a 1-way flight to Europe from the US.

Does this mean if I sign up with UA MileagePlus, then apply for an Explorer card and make $1,000 worth of purchase, receive the 30K miles, that I can book a 1-way award flight to Europe from the US using the miles earned from the Explorer card? If this is the case, that blows my mind!

Anyway, thanks in advance everyone!
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by brokeguy88
Hello all,

Does this mean if I sign up with UA MileagePlus, then apply for an Explorer card and make $1,000 worth of purchase, receive the 30K miles, that I can book a 1-way award flight to Europe from the US using the miles earned from the Explorer card? If this is the case, that blows my mind!

Anyway, thanks in advance everyone!
Yes.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by Spacetime17

The link doesn't work for me in both IE and Firefox.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:03 am

65K Offer

Originally Posted by koolr
The link appears to work for me in IE if I am currently logged into United.com and the 30K offer is clicked and opened. However, nowhere in the loaded page with offer codes menetioned earlier does it state precisely what the mileage credit will be. If I were to submit to this online credit offer, what guarantees are there that 50K sign on bonus and 5K for additional card will be offered? I wonder if any one has called an 800 number (pl share the number if so) to try and replicate the 55K offer?
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by stupidzbu
I couldn't get it to load with a dummy booking

so i cleared cache & cookies

then you change MPYoureIn30kAFW.aspx? to MPYoureIn50kAFW.aspx? in the URL and it should load.

if not, then it no worky for you.
glad my contribution is working for some people =)

I wish everyone who got the offer could send me a cookie (chocolate chip) lol jk

Last edited by distantarray; Feb 19, 2013 at 10:25 am
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by LifeInCMH
The link appears to work for me in IE if I am currently logged into United.com and the 30K offer is clicked and opened. However, nowhere in the loaded page with offer codes menetioned earlier does it state precisely what the mileage credit will be. If I were to submit to this online credit offer, what guarantees are there that 50K sign on bonus and 5K for additional card will be offered? I wonder if any one has called an 800 number (pl share the number if so) to try and replicate the 55K offer?
I guess one just has to take a chance and check with CSR once approved if it is 55k. Noone can really tell from the URL.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by distantarray
glad my contribution is working for some people =)

I wish everyone who got the offer could send me a cookie (chocolate chip) lol jk
Not working for me. I think Chase has tighten that up since I was able to see 50k on my UA account 2 weeks ago and now whatever I do, it's always 30k.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by jrey
Not working for me. I think Chase has tighten that up since I was able to see 50k on my UA account 2 weeks ago and now whatever I do, it's always 30k.
i don't think they're offering it anymore, most offers tend to have a quota once they're fulfilled then a lower bonus appears usually, I think most of the people who got it was on the verge of shifting over =\

now I need to find someone to add as an AU hehe
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by distantarray
i don't think they're offering it anymore, most offers tend to have a quota once they're fulfilled then a lower bonus appears usually, I think most of the people who got it was on the verge of shifting over =\

now I need to find someone to add as an AU hehe
You can add me.. hehe..
Old Feb 19, 2013, 3:51 pm

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Mosaic
50K no more

I just logged into my United account and the 50K deal is no longer there. Also, just received an email with an offer for the Mileage Plus Explorer Card, 30K + 5K + 10K offer.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 3:56 pm

Programs: Krisflyer PPS Club, BA Silver, Marriott Gold
I just received an email from United with the 30K offer.
Notably, it states that the offer is valid until March 15. Do you guys think there's a new offer on the horizon?
Old Feb 19, 2013, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA, BA, DL, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by koolr
You need to follow the steps exactly:
1. Clear cookies/cache
2. Log into your United account
3. Click on the 30k banner so you see an "Apply Now" button
4. Click or paste the link

Originally Posted by LifeInCMH
This is the link that I used in November and the 50k + 5k bonus posted to my UA account on the second statement without needing to call a CSR. This in spite of the fact that I had a Chase Continental MasterCard that was less than a year old! Remember the first rule of FT -- never call a CSR unless you have to.

This may be a similar situation to the Citi AAdvantage cards, where people used direct links to the application for years without having the comfort of the bonus splash screen. If 30k is the best offer that you can get to show, you have nothing to lose by trying this one instead. Good luck!
Old Feb 19, 2013, 7:17 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
One more data point: My wife got the 55k offer 2 months back and we forgot about the 50$ statement credit. I sent a SM to Chase and in 2 days, they credited 50$. I love Chase and it's secure message system.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.