Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Old Jan 15, 2013, 9:15 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by duranza
I did this is why I posted.. first payment due is Feb. 17th.
this is what I see.
You have no statements for this period. It may be because:

Your account is new or it's the first month of the year and your account hasn't generated a statement yet.
I was approved for my card on Dec. 25. My first payment is due Feb. 21, therefore I concluded that my statement will be around Jan. 25.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:37 pm

like others have reported we were also given the $50 statement credit match by SM (asked to call in once first purchase made). thanks!
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:44 pm

Programs: JPM Palladium
$50 statement credit still available

I was just offered the 50+5+10 and a statement credit. I needed to log into my account, then start a flight search. On the results page was a banner ad taking me to the +$50 credit link

The details state: Enjoy a $50 statement credit after your first purchase with the MileagePlus Explorer Card. The introductory $50 credit is not tied to this United reservation and will be applied to your statement 6-8 weeks after your first purchase with the Card.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by apnonimus
I originally was approved for the 30k bonus, and didn't even have a MileagePlus account until I received the card, and used Bckstgr to get some miles in my account. Screenshot then SM later, and success:
dumb question but how do you sm them? i got a screenshot and want to ask if theyll honor the 50$ statement offer
EDit: nevermind i finally found the link after looking around for it for a long while, i knew it was on their website somewhere i just couldnt find it

Last edited by aalenya; Jan 15, 2013 at 5:54 pm
Old Jan 17, 2013, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by EpiphanyMachine
I was just offered the 50+5+10 and a statement credit. I needed to log into my account, then start a flight search. On the results page was a banner ad taking me to the +$50 credit link

The details state: Enjoy a $50 statement credit after your first purchase with the MileagePlus Explorer Card. The introductory $50 credit is not tied to this United reservation and will be applied to your statement 6-8 weeks after your first purchase with the Card.
Thanks! That worked for me too.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 2:36 am

Do bonus points ever post before the end of the cycle? Can Cust-serv do it manually?
Old Jan 19, 2013, 6:43 am

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,CO,HA
Originally Posted by aalenya
dumb question but how do you sm them? i got a screenshot and want to ask if theyll honor the 50$ statement offer
EDit: nevermind i finally found the link after looking around for it for a long while, i knew it was on their website somewhere i just couldnt find it
aalenya - I can't see the $50 linky...can you tell me where you found it. I am getting the 65K offer link cuz I have some fresh miles in my account. I donno how to get the $50.

Thanks!
GMASH
Old Jan 19, 2013, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by Gmash
aalenya - I can't see the $50 linky...can you tell me where you found it. I am getting the 65K offer link cuz I have some fresh miles in my account. I donno how to get the $50.

Thanks!
GMASH
Just log in and start a fake booking and the offer will appear, you don't have to complete the booking.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by JBHighRoller
No need to cancel the old card. I just established a new MP account. Transferred 2,000 miles to the new account, got the 65K offer, applied, got it, and now will just merge the two MP accounts.
I followed JBHighRoller's advice by creating a second mileageplus account number because I already had an old MileagePlus card w/Chase. I have already had the 55k bonus miles post to my new MP account and am ready to merge the balance with my old MP account. Anything I need to watch out for? If I choose to keep my old MP account number will there be problems with earning miles from purchases on my Explorer card?
Old Jan 19, 2013, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by crzn
Just log in and start a fake booking and the offer will appear, you don't have to complete the booking.
I tried many times but I keep getting the 30K +$50 statement credit .
Any other suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old Jan 19, 2013, 4:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Tr60
Thanks
If I were you, I would take the 60k Bonus, apply, then secure message Chase for the match. As much as I dislike Chase, they're generous with bonus matching.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by Tr60
Thanks
You need "fresh miles" in your UA account in order to see the 50K offer.

See » http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...g-bckstgr.html
Old Jan 19, 2013, 9:20 pm

I got denied for this I think because I had another pending application with chase and being new to this game, didn't realize that would be a problem. How soon should I apply again for this card?
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:50 pm
umc

Originally Posted by nnugnotsle
I got denied for this I think because I had another pending application with chase and being new to this game, didn't realize that would be a problem. How soon should I apply again for this card?
Have you tried the reconsideration line? You should be able to get at least one out of two cards you applied if you have a decent credit history. I'd wait at least 3 months to apply for another Chase card.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by umc
Have you tried the reconsideration line? You should be able to get at least one out of two cards you applied if you have a decent credit history. I'd wait at least 3 months to apply for another Chase card.
I got approved for 2 within a month. Didn't need to call reconsideration or anything.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.