Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2012, 3:41 am

Programs: AA Plat
I transferred 42 points and got the 65k offer, no status, but this was back in November.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:44 pm

I received two lounge passes that came with this card. Should I fly with United if I want to use the lounge passes?
I will be flying AA in a few weeks and have a 3 hours stop in ORD. Can I use United lounge passes in this trip to enter one of the United lounges in ORD?
Old Dec 7, 2012, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

After hesitating all this time, I finally applied. Just went into my MileagePlus account and followed the link. It said the link was out of date and took me to anther place where it showed the 50,000 bonus miles with $1000 spent in the first 3 months + 5,000 extra miles for additional card.

Applied and was approved - then it populated my MileagePlus profile already with what seems to be the dummy account number.

So, the deal is still out there.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 11:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mizzou1
I received two lounge passes that came with this card. Should I fly with United if I want to use the lounge passes?
I will be flying AA in a few weeks and have a 3 hours stop in ORD. Can I use United lounge passes in this trip to enter one of the United lounges in ORD?
Yes, you can use the lounge passes even if you are flying with AA. The lounge passes grant you access to the UA Lounge regardless of what airline you are flying that day.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 11:54 pm

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Digital01
I transferred 42 points and got the 65k offer, no status, but this was back in November.
Just curious if you had the 30k offer first and then transferred 42 points to see the 65k offer?
Old Dec 8, 2012, 5:03 pm

Data Point regarding current Select cardholder - Bonus success

Applied for the Explorer card on 10/18/12 using the link provided by Mommy Points in post #950. I've been a long time Mileage Plus Select cardholder and was a bit concerned that I would be disqualified for the bonus with the language in the T's & C's "Previous and existing United MileagePlus Visa cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer. ". I saw other reports in this thread from Select cardholders that the bonus posted for them, so I figured the risk was minimal.

5,000 additional cardholder bonus posted on my first statement. Met the spend early into the second cycle, and the 50,000 bonus posted with the second statement yesterday.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 5:50 am

Programs: United, AA, Avianca
UA Mileage Explorer Card offer - Up to 60K miles (now 65K) & $50 statement credit

Does this card waive the $75 fee one has to pay for saver bookings within 21 days of travel? Also does it give you access to saver seats that others without the card don't have? Thanks.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 6:41 am

Is there a business card version? My 1 year is about to run out before I need to renew. I'm looking to drop this card before then. I've already signed up for another chase card to keep my credit limit up.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by fulthrust7
Does this card waive the $75 fee one has to pay for saver bookings within 21 days of travel? Also does it give you access to saver seats that others without the card don't have? Thanks.
I believe the answer to both your questions is no.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by JBHighRoller
Do you already have a Chase MP card?
I have a MP Select Visa card, not the explorer card.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 3:46 pm

I just had another 5,000 miles (Chase Bonus) post to my account today for some reason. The only thing I can think of the 5,000 miles for the AU. However this was done several months ago, after not seeing the miles post I told Chase and they give me another 5,000 (this was 3 months ago). I find it odd that the chase system would take 4-5 months for it pay out the 5,000 for AU.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by kannon99
I just had another 5,000 miles (Chase Bonus) post to my account today for some reason. The only thing I can think of the 5,000 miles for the AU. However this was done several months ago, after not seeing the miles post I told Chase and they give me another 5,000 (this was 3 months ago). I find it odd that the chase system would take 4-5 months for it pay out the 5,000 for AU.
You never registered for the bonus referenced in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...orer-card.html
Everyone that registered for the bonus thinks it is from meeting the spending requirement, but if you never registered that might mean it was from something else.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by CFFrost
You never registered for the bonus referenced in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...orer-card.html
Everyone that registered for the bonus thinks it is from meeting the spending requirement, but if you never registered that might mean it was from something else.
Thanks you are right, I completely forgot about that.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by kannon99
Thanks you are right, I completely forgot about that.
Too bad! I was starting to think Chase had a fit of generosity and I still had 5-10k headed my way!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:42 am

Programs: FB Gold (ST E+), Alaska MVP Gold
i think the 65K offer has expired...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.