Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Old Nov 24, 2012, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beltway
I thought that over the past 3-4 years the consensus was that Chase cards can be churned after a wait of 2 years or so. Has that changed recently?
Depends on card. There were reports much earlier in this thread or the previous UA thread that bonus was denied and the poster(s) old cards were more than 2 years ago.

PC card and to a certain degree MR card, fall in the "consensus". Even BA card can be churned in less than 2 years. Chase seems to be much more restrict with UA card and CO card.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 5:37 am

Programs: Alcoholics Anonymous - Platinum, Gamblers Anonymous - Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
Questions:

1) Is the older UA card the same Explorer card as this one?

2) Please report back whether you would get the bonus or not because the practice of Chase is, it would give you the card but not necessarily the sign up bonus if you have had the same card before. The only time it would give you a second bonus is the 2nd card a different product from the 1st card, hence question 1).
Yes, it was the older UA card.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:15 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, AA advantage, United Mileage Plus, SPG silver
Doesn't seem like the "65k" offer is there anymore. I tried this a month ago and was shown the offer, but now my account only shows the 30K offer from the landing page.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 8:19 am

I am still able to get the 50K+5K+10K offer.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 9:15 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by JBHighRoller
I am still able to get the 50K+5K+10K offer.
Can u pls advise how to do it? PM is also fine. Thanks.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 9:41 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by gv111
Can u pls advise how to do it? PM is also fine. Thanks.
Yes, would be grateful to know how to do that. Thanks.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:43 am

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold
It looks to be targeted because my wife and I both have fresh miles in our United accounts. I follow the same procedure for both (Incognito window and use the link in the first post). I get 30K (+5, +10) and she gets 50K (+5, +10).
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:54 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by brettalb
It looks to be targeted because my wife and I both have fresh miles in our United accounts. I follow the same procedure for both (Incognito window and use the link in the first post). I get 30K (+5, +10) and she gets 50K (+5, +10).
You know, it's starting to sound like the difference is that they recently fixed the targeting, and now it's working correctly.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:02 pm

Programs: MileagePlus
Question? I hit the required spending but when/where do I transfer the points over to my UA account? I see that they have cleared on the Chase Website but do they go directly to my MP account? Seem that I cannot find the path to get them to UA.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by matsonjb
Question? I hit the required spending but when/where do I transfer the points over to my UA account? I see that they have cleared on the Chase Website but do they go directly to my MP account? Seem that I cannot find the path to get them to UA.
Will happen at the end of the billing cycle, automatically.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:37 pm

Quick question for the experts here:

My free year is about to end (in April 2013), and I believe I read somewhere here that I should cancel the card before my anniversary date so that I dont have to pay annual fee. What happens to the miles that I have accrued from this card? Do they stay in my United account or I should use them before cancelling?

Thanks,

-p2
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:44 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by punjabi2
My free year is about to end (in April 2013), and I believe I read somewhere here that I should cancel the card before my anniversary date so that I dont have to pay annual fee. What happens to the miles that I have accrued from this card? Do they stay in my United account or I should use them before cancelling?
You can cancel up to a month (or sometimes a little more) AFTER your annual fee posts. So you have plenty of time. Exactly when to cancel is a somewhat hotly debated topic. Many of us think it's best to keep the card as long as possible - helps your credit report a little and makes it less likely you'll be branded as a "churner".

With Chase co-branded cards, the only miles in jeopardy are those on your LAST statement. And even then, sometimes they post fine.

Chase will often waive the annual fee on this card if you decide you want to keep it. Search in this thread for experiences: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...all-cards.html
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:57 pm

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply!! That helps a lot

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
You can cancel up to a month (or sometimes a little more) AFTER your annual fee posts. So you have plenty of time. Exactly when to cancel is a somewhat hotly debated topic. Many of us think it's best to keep the card as long as possible - helps your credit report a little and makes it less likely you'll be branded as a "churner".

With Chase co-branded cards, the only miles in jeopardy are those on your LAST statement. And even then, sometimes they post fine.

Chase will often waive the annual fee on this card if you decide you want to keep it. Search in this thread for experiences: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...all-cards.html
Old Nov 27, 2012, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA, HA
So I kept getting the 30K offer using the link. Stopped by my local Chase bank today and they had the 50K offer available to anybody who walked in the door. Fairborn, OH.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by richb3125
So I kept getting the 30K offer using the link. Stopped by my local Chase bank today and they had the 50K offer available to anybody who walked in the door. Fairborn, OH.
Nice!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.