FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1330475-limited-availability-ua-mp-explorer-up-55k-possible-50-stmt-credit.html)

gloreglabert Aug 30, 2012 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by kaushik123 (Post 19224774)
I just applied today and got approved for the explorer card at the 65k promotion. I haven't got the card yet but UA.com has the approved credit card number on file already so I can use the card right away.

If i bought a fully refundable UA.com ticket, will the bonus miles post soon enough so I can cancel before I have to make my payment? What has everybody's experience been with regards to how long it takes for the bonus to post?

You can't find $1000 in real purchases to make in a hurry? If you're going to make a refundable purchase, anyways, I'd advise you to make it NOT a United purchase, since that would look even more like you're trying to game the bonus.

cooljoe613 Aug 30, 2012 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by MyTravels (Post 19030729)
New URL for the 50k+5k+10k, but no $50 statement credit.
TheExplorerCard.com/Earn65kMiles

im trying to use this link and when i log in it goes to the united mall........ i also got the postcard in the mail with this link

i do have the united club card i wonder if its not letting me have the explorer card bonus any help?

Stubtify Aug 30, 2012 11:15 pm

Are you not using the link in post #1? I just checked as it is working right now, with the $50 statement credit still. Log into your United account and then click on it, if it doesn't work the first time, click on it again, sometimes it has taken 2 clicks for me.

leng Aug 31, 2012 6:32 am

Originally Posted by Stubtify (Post 19226817)
Are you not using the link in post #1? I just checked as it is working right now, with the $50 statement credit still. Log into your United account and then click on it, if it doesn't work the first time, click on it again, sometimes it has taken 2 clicks for me.

2 clicks worked for me too - thx

kaushik123 Aug 31, 2012 9:04 am

Originally Posted by gloreglabert (Post 19224973)
You can't find $1000 in real purchases to make in a hurry? If you're going to make a refundable purchase, anyways, I'd advise you to make it NOT a United purchase, since that would look even more like you're trying to game the bonus.

I haven't received the card yet and I have some immediate award travel I need to buy - hence the reason for the UA purchase.

But regardless, does anyone know how long it usually takes after the spend is achieved for the bonus to be credited?

penner42 Aug 31, 2012 9:22 am

Originally Posted by kaushik123 (Post 19228960)
I haven't received the card yet and I have some immediate award travel I need to buy - hence the reason for the UA purchase.

But regardless, does anyone know how long it usually takes after the spend is achieved for the bonus to be credited?

A day or two after the statement in which the spend is achieved closes. (And don't try to move up the statement date, as it'll extend the current one to switch to a different date, instead of shorten it.)

brownie20 Aug 31, 2012 5:15 pm

for those of you who got the card after march, did you receive 2 club passes with the card? i was under the impression the passes were issued on the card's anniversary, but my sister thinks she received them with her new card? thanks! :)

edited to add:
noticed in the united forum others reported receiving the lounge passes with their cards. called chase and rep told me there was an issue with sending out passes during some time period (apparently when i had applied) and it was already noted on my acct that passes would be sent out to me on 9/15. weird! not complaining though as one can never have enough lounge passes :)

World-Wide Sep 1, 2012 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by brownie20 (Post 19231860)
for those of you who got the card after march, did you receive 2 club passes with the card? i was under the impression the passes were issued on the card's anniversary, but my sister thinks she received them with her new card? thanks! :)

edited to add:
noticed in the united forum others reported receiving the lounge passes with their cards. called chase and rep told me there was an issue with sending out passes during some time period (apparently when i had applied) and it was already noted on my acct that passes would be sent out to me on 9/15. weird! not complaining though as one can never have enough lounge passes :)

I got the club passes with the card or right after I forget. But ya no need to wait for the year anniversary.

brownie20 Sep 1, 2012 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by World-Wide (Post 19236877)
I got the club passes with the card or right after I forget. But ya no need to wait for the year anniversary.

Thanks for the confirmation! Looking forward to receiving mine! :)

World-Wide Sep 1, 2012 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by brownie20 (Post 19236961)
Thanks for the confirmation! Looking forward to receiving mine! :)

No problem.

I am still trying to figure out when I can use my. I still have my 2 passes from CO cc I got early this year after having that card for 1 year. But the good news the last 2 expire 2013 not 2012 like the once from my CO cc. (I don't travel much.)

Tinker25 Sep 4, 2012 11:05 am

PM worked

Applied 8/30, did not get instant approval. Received email apporval a day later. Cards in the mail two days later, but did not mention the 65K miles nor the $50 credit. PMed Chase, got response confirming all the benefits. Sweet, thanks guys :)

leng Sep 4, 2012 11:38 am

This deal is still alive and I didn't have to push for the deal. The link in the first post is still working.

montreid Sep 4, 2012 2:53 pm

DEAD link for me :(

Edit: Got it....log in. landing page on post #1. reclick on it again and offer comes up. Thanks Silver Fox!

Silver Fox Sep 4, 2012 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by montreid (Post 19252601)
DEAD link for me :(

Click it twice and use the link in post # 1.

stunt Sep 6, 2012 3:30 am

I apply for the aa business three weeks ago, and now I want to jump on this card and the us airway credit cards. Can I do the two browser trick for two cards I want? And if the two browser don't work will I have a problem apply for these two cards on The same day? Thanks in advance for your answer.