Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2012, 5:38 am

Programs: Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ianturner
got the same response from chase.
Me three.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 6:15 am
Suspended

do you lose the united miles if you cancel this card?
Old Apr 2, 2012, 9:42 am

Programs: SW, UA, IHG Plat, Hilton, Marriott
No luck for me, got the message below:

"I would like to inform you that the offers are
non-transferable and is only for cardmembers who receives
the offer with a solicitation code. If you are not the
recipient of the mailing, we will not be able to match
this offer.

Further, if you have received any offer with the
Invitation Number and code, please reply to this email and
once we receive your reply, we will be happy to submit the
request to update the rewards on your account."
Old Apr 2, 2012, 12:50 pm

i was approved for the platinum card, does anyone know if i am still eligible to get the 60k and $50 credit?
Old Apr 2, 2012, 2:05 pm

I sent a SM on Friday and was also told they'd get back to me in 3-5 days.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Am I correct that people who have had OnePass cards converted over to Explorer are getting the sign-up bonus on a new Explorer?
Old Apr 2, 2012, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by airride
i was approved for the platinum card, does anyone know if i am still eligible to get the 60k and $50 credit?
Chase in general would honor the bonus on the original offer you applied for. It gave you a lower grade card probably because it decided not to offer you the minimum $5K credit line on the higher grade card. This does not affect the bonus which you would still get it. (as opposite to the practice of BofA and Barclay).
Old Apr 3, 2012, 6:22 am

i sent a secure message to Chase and...

I sent a secure message to Chase on Sunday April 1 form the $50 statement credit andI have not had any reply at all. I assumed because it was Sunday that I wouldn't hear until Monday but nothing so far and it's now Tues. Do they email you back in the secure message area or do they email you to your REAL email?
How long do you think I should wait before resending my request?

And how do you do a screen shot of the original ad?

Thanks for all your help!
Old Apr 3, 2012, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by little dutchess
I sent a secure message to Chase on Sunday April 1 form the $50 statement credit andI have not had any reply at all. I assumed because it was Sunday that I wouldn't hear until Monday but nothing so far and it's now Tues. Do they email you back in the secure message area or do they email you to your REAL email?
How long do you think I should wait before resending my request?

Definitely attach a screenshot. I sent an SM Sunday and heard back Monday (within about 12 hours).
Old Apr 3, 2012, 9:55 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold

Do you have a mac or pc? Mac is cmd+shift+3. I'd have to google PC.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:17 am

To copy the entire screen, on a PC with a normal-sized keyboard, hit the key that's printed with:

PrtScn
SysrQ

It's normally located next to the "ScrLk" key and in between the number pad and the letter keys. Then, open up Word, PowerPoint, or Paint, and paste it. Alternatively, if you press Alt+PrtScn, it will only copy the current window and not the entire screen.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:31 am

secure message and screenshot

Thanks for all your input. I just sent a new secure mail and received a "message received" in the Secure message inbox telling me they would respond to me within 4 hours. Said I'd have to sign in again to get their secure message (altho I thought they sent an email to regular email address).
So it appears they never received my first message so I thank you for your encouragement in sending another one.

As for the screenshot ,I did take one as per some info in google using "paint" but cannot be sure it attached. So I told them that and that I would be happy to fax if necessary.

Keeping my fingers crossed. Not sure if $50 is worth all the time and aggravation but it does make me smarter and besides, I need to do this for Husband's account next!
Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for all your input. I just sent a new secure mail and received a "message received" in the Secure message inbox telling me they would respond to me within 4 hours. Said I'd have to sign in again to get their secure message (altho I thought they sent an email to regular email address).
So it appears they never received my first message so I thank you for your encouragement in sending another one.

As for the screenshot ,I did take one as per some info in google using "paint" but cannot be sure it attached. So I told them that and that I would be happy to fax if necessary.

Keeping my fingers crossed. Not sure if $50 is worth all the time and aggravation but it does make me smarter and besides, I need to do this for Husband's account next!
The 4 hours response is a system-generated auto-reply. When there is a real reply you would get a email notification of that.

Chase SM is really easy to send attachment - it works the same way as you send an attachment with your normal email. The attachment stays with your SM. If you do not see the attachment to your sent request when you check your sent box, then the attachment was not properly attached, i.e. not sent. You can take a look of your sent box and see if the attachment is successfully sent or not.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by txrandom
Are you sure about existing MileagePlus Visa cardholders being elgible?
Honestly I didn't know about this when I applied but apparently the terms and conditions say “Previous and existing United Airlines cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer.”

So at this point I'm banking on them not enforcing this, although I'm fairly sure I'll get the bonus based on the feedback I got from 2 employees at Chase(got the 50k confirmed both when I called the reconsideration line and when I called to activate the card). I'll let y'all know when I see the miles post or find anything out.

It does sound like they are starting to crack down on this offer though based on some recent posts...
Old Apr 3, 2012, 11:13 am

Programs: most of them
I've had the old UA Visa card forever. I keep hoping they will make me a targeted offer like this on the Explorer card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.