Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2015, 1:03 pm

Is there anyway once the min spend is hit to get the points to reflect in the account quickly or do you just have to wait out the billing cycle?
Old Oct 2, 2015, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Is there anyway once the min spend is hit to get the points to reflect in the account quickly or do you just have to wait out the billing cycle?
Several years ago, I got the bonus for my Explorer card posted to my UA balance quickly by calling and having the billing date of my card moved up to the next day. The Chase rep didn't KNOW that would work, but it did. Still took a few days to make it over to United, though.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by Bob Cox
Several years ago, I got the bonus for my Explorer card posted to my UA balance quickly by calling and having the billing date of my card moved up to the next day. The Chase rep didn't KNOW that would work, but it did. Still took a few days to make it over to United, though.
That is a great idea! I will give that shot see if that speeds it up. Thanks!
Old Oct 16, 2015, 8:58 am

Targeted Chase United MileagePlus 50,000 Miles Offer With $50 Statement Credit

Targeted Chase United MileagePlus 50,000 Miles Offer With $50 Statement Credit

50K miles, 5K for AU, AF waived the first year and a $50 statement credit after your first purchase.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 10:00 am

Hi all,

Tried searching for this answer but was unsuccessful, apologies if I missed it.

If you complete the $25K in calendar year spending but then cancel before the 10k bonus miles post, will you still get them?

Thanks
Old Oct 19, 2015, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by dublin487
Hi all,

Tried searching for this answer but was unsuccessful, apologies if I missed it.

If you complete the $25K in calendar year spending but then cancel before the 10k bonus miles post, will you still get them?

Thanks
To be safe, you should at least wait until the statement closes after you hit $25K. They post when the statement closes after you hit the $25K, not at the end of a year.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Meilenmann
To be safe, you should at least wait until the statement closes after you hit $25K. They post when the statement closes after you hit the $25K, not at the end of a year.
Thanks, yeah, the issue is I have until the end of this month to cancel if I want to get the annual fee back and my next statement won't close until mid-Nov...

Hmm...
Old Oct 20, 2015, 11:14 pm

Programs: CHASE UNITED CLUB; CITI PRESTIGE; IHG SPIRE AMBASSADOR; RITZ-CARLTON GOLD; Global Entry
UA Chase 50K bonus back. How can I correct wrong info with TU?

[Moderator note: The Business card offer of 50K has been around for awhile and has it's own thread.]

This is the link:

https://www.theexplorercard.com/Business50kAFW

Get 50,000
Bonus Miles
after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open*
The Explorer Card for Small Business
Make business expenses add up to vacations.

TU got my address wrong, how should I correct it?

Last edited by philemer; Oct 21, 2015 at 10:17 am
Old Oct 21, 2015, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
1. The correct link for personal card is as follow:

https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW

2. See here for TU's procedure:

https://www.transunion.com/personal-...justments.page

At the minimum, you must have an active report in order to fix issues.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 7:23 am

I've been trying for about a year and a half to pick up a UA card with a 50k bonus. But no matter what I do, I can't seem to qualify for anything more than 30k. My flights with US are admittedly limited (probably less than a half dozen in the past 5 years), so I'm guessing I just may not be their target audience. Any tips on finding a 50k offer that will work? I need to do a personal card, as I'm pretty sure I'm maxed out on Chase business cards at the moment.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA, United, British Airways, Alaska Air
Originally Posted by bobert24
I've been trying for about a year and a half to pick up a UA card with a 50k bonus. But no matter what I do, I can't seem to qualify for anything more than 30k. My flights with US are admittedly limited (probably less than a half dozen in the past 5 years), so I'm guessing I just may not be their target audience. Any tips on finding a 50k offer that will work? I need to do a personal card, as I'm pretty sure I'm maxed out on Chase business cards at the moment.
I'm in the same boat, and curious to hear if there's a way to solve this (and get the 50k personal card).
Old Oct 30, 2015, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by bobert24
I've been trying for about a year and a half to pick up a UA card with a 50k bonus...
The 50k offer was publicly available for an entire month this past May. Why didn't you pull the trigger then?
Old Oct 31, 2015, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA GLD
anyone know when the 1K statement credit hits? i was 1k at the beginning of the year, first got the card this march but don't recall getting the credit. prior FT threads from 2013 mentioned April, but I haven't been able to find anything.

the UA elite website says "Credit will be posted once a year, in the second calendar quarter. Limit one per member. Eligibility for credit is based on Premier status at time of posting."
Old Oct 31, 2015, 8:50 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, UA Mileage Plus, IHG Rewards Club
I received a targeted offer for 50k and applied, but unfortunately, got a decision pending notice: "We'll let you know our decision in writing as soon as we can. If we approve your application, you'll receive your card in the mail in 7-10 business days."

I've heard that you're not supposed to call in for UR-earning cards, but what about co-branded cards like UA?
Old Nov 1, 2015, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by Quarantine
I received a targeted offer for 50k and applied, but unfortunately, got a decision pending notice: "We'll let you know our decision in writing as soon as we can. If we approve your application, you'll receive your card in the mail in 7-10 business days."

I've heard that you're not supposed to call in for UR-earning cards, but what about co-branded cards like UA?
The consensus these days not to call for any chase card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.