Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Wikipost is Locked   Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 20, 16, 12:23 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Wiki Link
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 14, 15, 5:25 pm
In memoriam

My rule is not to pay annual fees.

I have had the UAL card several times over the years, each time collecting a hefty bonus.

I'd rather get another bonus than hope for greater award availability which may not even exist.
Old Jul 14, 15, 9:33 pm

Travel benefits when flying UA: priority boarding (Group 2), free checked-luggage (on domestic flights) and 2 passes to UA lounge. For UA elite or elite-want-be, PQD wavier from CC spend (except 1K).
Old Jul 15, 15, 12:27 am
Moderator: Credit Card Programs & Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by KHTravelBitten View Post
My AF is coming due for this card soon, and I am trying to decide on whether to keep this card or cancel/downgrade.

I've heard of more availability when searching for award seats as a perk of being a cardholder, but not sure of the details. I am in the Boston area, so I have plenty of airline options so I am not bound to flying United. Also I doubt I would spend enough on it within a year to get the 10K mile bonus.

What are good reasons to keep this card after the 1st year?
I'd say keep it. The primary CDW coverage for car rentals, free checked bag & free Club Lounge passes are reason enough for me.
Old Jul 15, 15, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by biggestbopper View Post
My rule is not to pay annual fees.

I have had the UAL card several times over the years, each time collecting a hefty bonus.

I'd rather get another bonus than hope for greater award availability which may not even exist.
That was my original thought, but then the new Chase 'unofficial' restrictions on approvals gave me pause, on whether I would be able to get it again.
Old Jul 15, 15, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by philemer View Post
I'd say keep it. The primary CDW coverage for car rentals, free checked bag & free Club Lounge passes are reason enough for me.
The car rental piece is an interesting point. I downgraded my CSP recently to the Sapphire, so I think I lost out on that benefit with that card. If I keep the United card, it will probably be due to the rental coverage.

In any event, I'll see what retention offers I can get.
Old Jul 15, 15, 2:48 pm

United 50k Offer Link transferable?

When I logged on to United, I got the 50k offer for United credit card. But my spouse does not get that offer. Can I apply for him using my offer link? When we use that link, it redirects him to the 30k instead under his account. Anyone has similar experience?
Old Jul 15, 15, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flybie View Post
When I logged on to United, I got the 50k offer for United credit card. But my spouse does not get that offer. Can I apply for him using my offer link? When we use that link, it redirects him to the 30k instead under his account. Anyone has similar experience?
If you read back, what you experience has been experienced by many many people before.

This has been discussed dozens of times.

An account has to be targeted to see the 50K offer. If not, there is not much you can do.

One last thing you can try, logged in as your husband, then make a flight search - if that still does not bring up a 50K offer, then that is it. He would need to wait till the next public 50K offer to come in order to get that.
Old Jul 15, 15, 9:01 pm
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by deltame View Post
Travel benefits when flying UA: priority boarding (Group 2), free checked-luggage (on domestic flights) and 2 passes to UA lounge. For UA elite or elite-want-be, PQD wavier from CC spend (except 1K).
Is the free checked luggage not applicable for international flights?
Old Jul 16, 15, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NDN View Post
Is the free checked luggage not applicable for international flights?
As of now the first checked bag on international flight is always free, card or no card, IIRC.
Old Jul 17, 15, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by billybayswater View Post
Here's an article from 2013 that hits on the issue: http://www.milevalue.com/the-united-...ggest-benefit/

Again, I don't know if this still applies or not.
FWIW, MileValue actually just posted an update (probably as a result of the linking in this thread) saying this benefit is still out there. http://www.milevalue.com/the-united-...811131219968:0
Old Jul 18, 15, 11:29 am

I received my last chase bonus on 6/26/2013, is it safe to apply once again this month?Because I am moving on August. I think this is more than 24 months now. Thank you for your reply.
Old Jul 18, 15, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*A Gold, WN A+ CP, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ericliujian View Post
I received my last chase bonus on 6/26/2013, is it safe to apply once again this month?Because I am moving on August. I think this is more than 24 months now. Thank you for your reply.
The wording of the offer is that you're ineligible if you received a bonus within the past 24 months. Assuming 6/26/2013 is when your previous bonus posted to your credit card account, you should be good to go now.
Old Jul 18, 15, 5:31 pm

On the note of bonus timing - has anyone successfully argued to get the bonus when they were 22 or 23 months out of the last card?

I only ask because, if I'm being targeted an offer I expect the offeree to have done their homework to make sure I'm actually qualified to receive the offer bonus.
Old Jul 19, 15, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nekbet View Post
On the note of bonus timing - has anyone successfully argued to get the bonus when they were 22 or 23 months out of the last card?

I only ask because, if I'm being targeted an offer I expect the offeree to have done their homework to make sure I'm actually qualified to receive the offer bonus.
There is a poster who is in the situation that her previous bonus is less than 24 months ago. She said she would post back when her July statement closes whether she got bonus or not. Read back and you should be able to find that poster's posts. And wait patiently if she would come back to update the thread on the final outcome. (Her last update was she got the $50 statement credit - but we had seen that even before the official 24 months rule - that $50 statement credit was received, but also a postcard of no bonus was received the following cycle when the spend was met. - that was over 2 years ago data points when the UNOFFICIAL rule was 24+ months from previous app. The OFFICIAL rule now is 24 months from previous bonus POSTED.
Old Jul 20, 15, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge 2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by beckoa View Post
Originally Posted by nkaufman View Post
Originally Posted by beckoa View Post
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Tried to have a friend send me a referral. That failed, so I applied using the flight search technique to generate the 50K+5K+$50 credit. Approved instantly
Was wondering if you noticed a situation similar to mine (see my earlier post) about $50 statement credit disappearing when one logs in even after a flight search or did you not look into that when filling up the application.

Thanks,
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I thought it was there, but I'm not certain.
Just to follow up- 55K miles posted to my account on July 9, after meeting my spend requirement while in Italy. And the $50 statement credit also posted to my account. Thanks

Search this Thread
Search Engine: