Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2014, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by ac921ol
what was the message you sent in regards to the $50 statement credit.
Here it is verbatim:
Hi,

Could you please confirm my sign-up bonus--50,000 miles at
$1,000 spent in 3 months plus a $50 statement credit?

Thanks!
Old Feb 4, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: HH Gold-IHG Plat
Originally Posted by aw82
Here it is verbatim:
perfect, Ill have my wife send that exact message to chase once she gets her card.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 6:01 pm
Suspended

The current signup bonus of 50,000 miles is unacceptably low considering the recent devaluation.
Whereas before the 50,000 miles got you a one-way business class award to Europe, now that award will cost you upto 70,000 miles (when using partners).
Chase will need to increase the bonus if they want to stay in the game.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 6:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
The current signup bonus of 50,000 miles is unacceptably low considering the recent devaluation.
Whereas before the 50,000 miles got you a one-way business class award to Europe, now that award will cost you upto 70,000 miles (when using partners).
Chase will need to increase the bonus if they want to stay in the game.
Chase probably doesn't care about how much redemptions cost so much as how much their competitors are offering for people to sign on to their cards.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 6:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by wco81
Chase probably doesn't care about how much redemptions cost so much as how much their competitors are offering for people to sign on to their cards.
Chase will care when millions cancel this card because of the outrage.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 8:06 pm

Programs: HH Gold-IHG Plat
Millions? A little drastic wouldn't you say. Delta did there devaluation and the amex didn't change there bonus.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 8:20 pm
FTA

Even though the 50k link I used seems dead, I'll post the SM I received confirming my benefits. BTW, notice the $50 credit wasn't part of it, but they gave it to me anyway:
When did you apply and which link did you use? Thanks
Old Feb 4, 2014, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by FTA
When did you apply and which link did you use? Thanks
1/17/14 and the link in the wiki (https://www.theexplorercard.com/UMPC...6P&REFERID=TEC). I had 300 fresh miles in my brand new MileagePlus account (I signed up for and completed a survey with Opinion Miles Club).
Old Feb 5, 2014, 9:14 pm

Applied for the Visa following instructions in the wiki in early Jan 14. Last week sent a SM asking Chase to match the $50 credit offer my "friend" received, and had a response saying that my SM had been forwarded to the appropriate office.

Today my bonus posted (yay, given the recent cancellation of the MC)... but only 30k. I replied to the person who informed me s/he'd forwarded my last SM to say that the 50k was the only reason I signed up and that even if they didn't grant me the statement credit I hoped they'd honor the full bonus amount. But now, I'm only 95% sure I saw a 50k landing page when I applied. Maybe I really did sign up for a 30k bonus, and I look like a liar to the CSR who has discretion over whether to give me the full 50k.

Are there any reports of Chase declining to extend the more generous terms on request?
Old Feb 6, 2014, 6:02 am

As a datapoint, I have had the same experience as everyone lately, with the instructions in the wiki no longer working. No matter what I tried, I only got the 30,000 offer.

I stopped by my local Chase branch, and they did have an offer in there for the United card with 50,000 miles after $2,000 in spending in the first 90 days. No mention of a statement credit.

I didn't apply for it, but they said you would be able to apply for it in the branch.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 6:56 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Most signup bonuses barely get you a round trip ticket within the US. The goal is to get customers to get the card and to spend, not to get the card, redeem miles and cancel.

I have 12,500 measly United miles... Looking forward to apping for both this card and the British Airways card later on this year.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 10:37 am

Even though the 50k link I used seems dead, I'll post the SM I received confirming my benefits. BTW, notice the $50 credit wasn't part of it, but they gave it to me anyway:
I sent Chase a message as well and got the $50 statement credit. Their reply to me this morning is as follows:

"Thank you for contacting Chase regarding your United
MileagePlus® credit card account.

The application you submitted did not inclue a $50
statement credit but we are pleased to inform you that we
have honored your request and issued a $50.00 statement
credit. The credit will be reflected on your next billing
statement."

Last edited by travellingpinoy; Feb 6, 2014 at 10:44 am
Old Feb 6, 2014, 11:08 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
The other big difference seems to be $1000 vs. $2000 in spending to get the points.

Anyone able to get the $1000 requirement after being offered the $2000 requirement?
Old Feb 6, 2014, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by wco81
The other big difference seems to be $1000 vs. $2000 in spending to get the points.

Anyone able to get the $1000 requirement after being offered the $2000 requirement?
I don't know if this fits your question exactly, but I applied using the link on the Wiki with (supposedly a) $2k spend with $50 statement credit. When I confirmed my offer with Chase via Secure Message, they told me it was $1k. So, of course I did not oppose that. However, they did not say anything about the $50 statement credit. After reading about other people using SM to request the credit I sent a message and got the $50 credit. The trade off seems to be the statement credit --- you get the (2k min spend + $50 credit) or (1k min spend but no $50 credit). The SM just let me have my cake and eat it too.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 3:01 pm

Is there an "offer code"?

Does anyone have an offer code that would have been "live" in Dec.??

I used the 50,000 bonus point click through to apply for 2 cards in Dec to get ready to satisfy the PQD requirements for 2014. One for me and one for my SO. We both have the same status (exact same miles earned for 2013) and the same credit score. I used the link in each of our accounts within 15 minutes of each other. We were approved immediately and the cards arrived promptly.

Now that we both have satisfied the initial spend required to get the bonus, I see that one account earned the 50000 mp miles and the other earned only the 30000.

I called Chase to figure out what went wrong and they said they could help me if I had the "offer code" I used. I said I used a click through and whatever code should have been automatically entered.

They said they would research and let me know but that it would be really helpful if I had an offer code.

Anyone???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.