Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2014, 9:08 am
Suspended

Is it normal for, after requesting a bonus match, for them to essentially say: "call us back"??

Here's the SM:

Thank you for contacting Chase about your United
MileagePlus account ending in XXXX.

Here?s a summary of your request:
? We understand you applied for an offer that provides
30,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 in the first
three months the account is open, when you submitted your
application in January 2014.
? You let us know that you are interested in an offer
that provides 50,000 bonus miles. That offer also awards
the bonus miles after you spend $1,000 in the first three
months your account is open.

Please contact us when you have spent $1,000 in the first
three months your account is open
so we can add the
additional 20,000 bonus miles to your account to match the
new offer.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 9:16 am

Programs: AS MVP
Yes, it is normal if you haven't already met the spending requirement. Spend the money and then send another message.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by pricesquire
Is it normal for, after requesting a bonus match, for them to essentially say: "call us back"??

Please contact us when you have spent $1,000 in the first
three months your account is open
so we can add the
additional 20,000 bonus miles to your account to match the
new offer.
Yes. Congrats on getting the extra miles.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 10:57 am

Programs: DL DM
Anyone getting this to work today? Tried 3 different browsers and only getting redirected to 30k offer page on each...
Old Jan 22, 2014, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by thepaul500
Anyone getting this to work today? Tried 3 different browsers and only getting redirected to 30k offer page on each...
Just tested it right now on Firefox. Same thing - just the 30k. I wonder if the link is now expired? Anybody have any other way to test or any experience to the contrary?
Old Jan 22, 2014, 12:06 pm

If the link only shows you 30k, just sign up and SM to get the 50k + 5k AU + $50 statement credit. It seems to work for everyone.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by travellingpinoy
Just tested it right now on Firefox. Same thing - just the 30k. I wonder if the link is now expired? Anybody have any other way to test or any experience to the contrary?
As I mentioned this morning, it was not working for me. I tried in FF, IE and Chrome, clearing cookies and history and everything, on several different computers. No good on any of them.

This is the last card I was planning on going for in today's AOR, so I can't decide if I want to just apply for the 30K version and hope to get matched to the 50K offer via SM after being approved, or just bag it and pick another Chase card.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by jfwr9
If the link only shows you 30k, just sign up and SM to get the 50k + 5k AU + $50 statement credit. It seems to work for everyone.
I understand that we've had many recent reports of people successful at being matched to the 50k+5k offer via SM. The danger I see here is if that was contingent on the 50k+5k actually being available. So if none of us can get it to come up and the promotion has actually ended or is just no longer available - then would Chase still match it? Of course, this is all moot if the 50k+5k offer is actually available some other way.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 1:42 pm

I understand that we've had many recent reports of people successful at being matched to the 50k+5k offer via SM. The danger I see here is if that was contingent on the 50k+5k actually being available. So if none of us can get it to come up and the promotion has actually ended or is just no longer available - then would Chase still match it? Of course, this is all moot if the 50k+5k offer is actually available some other way.
That is the same thing that I am wondering about also.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 2:28 pm

Sent a secure message to chase a few hours ago asking if the offer is still available to apply for, I'll report back whatever they say.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 3:35 pm

Fair Enough. Pricesquire seems to have done within the past two days, so the SM match would appear to work currently. I do understand being apprehensive though and not wanting to potentially miss out on 20k miles.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by jfwr9
Fair Enough. Pricesquire seems to have done within the past two days, so the SM match would appear to work currently. I do understand being apprehensive though and not wanting to potentially miss out on 20k miles.
I applied 2 weeks ago with the 50k+5k offer so not really a problem for me. I guess I was just wondering whether those who apply at a time when the link 50k link isn't working anymore would still be able to match to an offer that wasn't available anymore at the time they applied for it. The answer to that question would inform our understanding of how Chase matching works and would also help us in our decisions on our future AORs.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by wormtail
Thanks for the response. I don't have any legitamate business of my own, I am salaried employee so I think business cards are out. Sounds like personal cards only.
Depends on the card company if you have a "business" or not.

Here is a good read about what could be qualified as a "business"

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2011/0...s-credit-card/

Fyi, I got the AA business card approved a while back just from my selling of a few items on ebay as my "business" .
Old Jan 23, 2014, 8:36 am

From Chase:
"Thank you for contacting Chase about your interest in our
MileagePlus® Explorer credit card.

Please understand that the MileagePlus Explorer card with
50,000 bonus miles, 5,000 miles for adding and authorized
user and $50 statement credit is a targeted offer. If you
were not personally solicited for this offer, we welcome
you to apply for the MileagePlus Explorer card with 30,000
bonus miles offer.

However if you get solicited for a richer premium after
you apply, we will be happy to honor that new offer for up
to 90 days after your account is approved and with a copy
of the new offer. "

-My take: If the wording is still to be believed, the 50,000 miles offer is still active and out there somewhere.....but it says nothing about if they will match that.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 8:56 am

Programs: AS MVP
Sigh. Chase will never promise to match or upgrade your offer before you apply, but they do match the best offer 99-100% of the time if you ask after getting the card. This includes cases such as last year's increased Ink offers where many of us applied for the best offer at the time and then got a 10K bump when a better offer came out afterwards. If something has worked for most people (or everyone in this case), go with it. You will wind up with way more miles/points/cashback even if at some point you wind up being the unlucky first one for whom something does not work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.