Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Old Dec 13, 2013, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by oyouno
Update .

I received 1 post card stating I did not qualify for the offer because it had been less then 24 months from my last application.
I later received another postcard stating I did not qualify for a offer because it had been less then 24months from my last

So for anyone who may have applied to soon, and got denial post cards etc.
The first thing to do when you activate the card is to secure message chase and get them to provide you with the exact terms of your bonus offer.
So you have that to help you out incase you should need it to get them to over-ride the 24month window.

Was there a change in reapplying for same card as I seem to have read before that Chase cards had to be closed for min. Of at least 2 yrs before they will accept another app. This seem to suggest that it's now 2 yrs after last application and not when card was closed.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 8:54 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, CC Gold, SPG Gold, AA Exec Platinum
Originally Posted by binnycode
Update on my successful app: sent SM and agent said they would match $50 statement credit. When I called to activate card and verify bonus they saw it was 50k and 5,000 extra points for adding AU. Awesome!
+1 Thanks, sent a SM as well and got a response for matched credit.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 8:46 pm

Didn't Work for Me

Hi,

I followed your instructions and interestingly, the banner for the 30,000 mile bonus disappears once I log in to my account. I tried refreshing and clicking various pages to see if it would come back and does not do so. Likely they know I have an old United Plus Visa and I'm not eligible. Any thoughts?
Old Dec 22, 2013, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by Long Islander
How do I get priority boarding? I have this card, and I have a flight booked on UA using US Aair miles. What do I need to do to make sure our boarding passes are coded for priority boarding?
So, to answer my own question -- what I did was make sure my UA Mileage Plus number was included on our reservation, which should then link to the Explorer card and get us priority boarding. Since the reservation was made using US Air miles, they had no way of knowing my UA Mileage Plus number, but you can add it to your reservation. Hope this helps others.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by tomcanada22
Was there a change in reapplying for same card as I seem to have read before that Chase cards had to be closed for min. Of at least 2 yrs before they will accept another app. This seem to suggest that it's now 2 yrs after last application and not when card was closed.
I can only offer you the info I got from the post cards which I stated in my post.
You can certainly be approved again before the 24month mark. But whether you actually get the offer/miles attached is anyone's guess.

However, I successfully churned at 16months after I last applied and around 4 months after I canceled the same card, 100% confirmed finally today when the 55k miles hit my account. Merry Xmas to me But as I posted above, it could of easily been denied.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 8:09 pm

reminder, $25k spend bonus spend will be available on 1/1 again for any prior claimants who still have their cards from last year.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 9:33 am

50K still alive

I can confirm the 50K offer is still alive.

1) Logged into United account
2) Found the 30K offer, clicked Apply Now
3) Application page loads (which does not show ANY promo, for those that keep asking)
4) Changed URL to https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...F5BV&CELL=6K30
5) Got instant approval

Immediately SMed to confirm "min spend to get signup bonus" and received confirmation from CSR
- one-time 50,000 bonus miles after spending $2,000.00 in the first three months
- one-time 5,000 bonus miles by adding an authorized user and making first purchase in the first three months of opening account
- one-time 10,000 bonus miles when spending $25,000.00 or more on each calendar year

The key is the SPID=F5BV. (I recall when you click through the 30K offer the SPID is F5BX)

And for those wondering:
I currently have a United account with ~40k miles and I'm an existing cardholder of the (old) Chase United Mileageplus Visa

So the offer still works!
Old Dec 27, 2013, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by bkerea66
Hi,

I followed your instructions and interestingly, the banner for the 30,000 mile bonus disappears once I log in to my account. I tried refreshing and clicking various pages to see if it would come back and does not do so. Likely they know I have an old United Plus Visa and I'm not eligible. Any thoughts?
Try clearing out the cookies/history on your browser?
Old Dec 29, 2013, 1:32 pm

I can also confirm the offer is still alive. I followed the instructions at the top of the thread, after I had cleared all cookies and history. It took a few trials, but on my third attempt after clearing everything I used this link:

https://www.theexplorercard.com/UMPC...6P&REFERID=TEC

I was approved instantly.

Cheers!
Old Dec 31, 2013, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by chunkalunk
I can confirm the 50K offer is still alive.

1) Logged into United account
2) Found the 30K offer, clicked Apply Now
3) Application page loads (which does not show ANY promo, for those that keep asking)
4) Changed URL to https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...F5BV&CELL=6K30
5) Got instant approval

Immediately SMed to confirm "min spend to get signup bonus" and received confirmation from CSR
- one-time 50,000 bonus miles after spending $2,000.00 in the first three months
- one-time 5,000 bonus miles by adding an authorized user and making first purchase in the first three months of opening account
- one-time 10,000 bonus miles when spending $25,000.00 or more on each calendar year

The key is the SPID=F5BV. (I recall when you click through the 30K offer the SPID is F5BX)

And for those wondering:
I currently have a United account with ~40k miles and I'm an existing cardholder of the (old) Chase United Mileageplus Visa

So the offer still works!
Your link doesn't work anymore, but the one in the wiki still does.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 1:12 pm

I currently have a regular Chase United Mileage plus Visa card which I have had for 4 years. I just signed up for the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card to get the bonus and got approved. I am wondering when I can apply for the Chase United Explorer Card to get additional bonus and can I cancel my United Mileage plus Visa card first and if I cancel do I have to wait a certain period of time before applying for the Explorer card?
Old Jan 1, 2014, 3:24 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dr0832
I currently have a regular Chase United Mileage plus Visa card which I have had for 4 years. I just signed up for the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card to get the bonus and got approved. I am wondering when I can apply for the Chase United Explorer Card to get additional bonus and can I cancel my United Mileage plus Visa card first and if I cancel do I have to wait a certain period of time before applying for the Explorer card?
Your existing United card, as long as it is specifically not an "Explorer" card, is irrelevant; Chase considers it to be a different product, based on the reports of people here. (The only historical card that is sometimes considered ineligible is a Continental OnePass, and only if you signed up right near the end of its run.)

Only hitch with the CSP is Chase will often not instantly approve you for a second credit card in a short time frame but if you have good history with them and a high credit score, they would probably approve you after a short conversation.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 10:48 pm

Talking New Link for the United 60K Promotion

The link has changed. Follow the steps on the initial post.
1) Clear browser cookies
2) log in to your United Airlines account and click on card offer
3) Once on the 30K offer page, open a new tab within your browser and paste this link:
https://www.theexplorercard.com/UMPC...6P&REFERID=TEC

Note that this link changes the SPID= to DZ9V which provides the 50k offer it also replaces the CELL= to 06P. These are the codes from the original post. I have tried this with my card and it worked. Now using it a second time for my spouse's card.

I would recommend you add one user to your card account, and get the second card. Once you spend $1 on that new card you will get bonus miles I think they are 5k or 10k miles.

Best of luck and happy travels!
Old Jan 2, 2014, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
The directions & link in the WIKI still works. Just tried it.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:25 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Originally Posted by philemer
The directions & link in the WIKI still works. Just tried it.
+1.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.