Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2013, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by healthymind
No Penalties...If you are going to cancel it for the Annual fee..i would try to call the CSR and see if you can get some offers. If you dont get any offfer also, i would keep this card( before the 1 year annual fee posts) till i get another card and move the credit line of this card and then may be cancel it.
Why not just downgrade to the No annual fee United card. This will not only keep miles alive with a purchase once a year but preserve the credit line as well.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 1:17 pm

Thinking of applying for the United Biz card. Which is the best link for applying for this? Also is the 50k sign on bonus for the biz card still alive?
Old Jun 3, 2013, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL, WoH
Originally Posted by phantasmX
I didn't see the 55K and the $50 credit when I applied but both were credited to me.
Good data point. Thank you.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by sharka
Why not just downgrade to the No annual fee United card. This will not only keep miles alive with a purchase once a year but preserve the credit line as well.
That's good ..I dint know there was a no Annual fee United card..I am newbie
Old Jun 4, 2013, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by phantasmX
I didn't see the 55K and the $50 credit when I applied but both were credited to me.
I activated my card today and confirmed got 55k
Old Jun 5, 2013, 8:04 am

Programs: FB Gold (ST E+), Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by chernomorez
Just after hitting $1k limit, I got a 'nice' letter in the mail stating that the bonus I applied for was for new Chase customers only, and I've already had received it in the past.
When did you apply the first time, when did you cancel, and then when did you apply again ??????
Old Jun 5, 2013, 8:12 am

Programs: FB Gold (ST E+), Alaska MVP Gold
Has anyone here gotten this exact card and the 50K bonus TWICE? i.e. was able to somehow avoid chase catching you for already having the card ????????
Old Jun 5, 2013, 8:36 am

I've tried since last year. I don't think there are any more no-fee cards. Please post if you find out otherwise.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by diclemeg
Has anyone here gotten this exact card and the 50K bonus TWICE? i.e. was able to somehow avoid chase catching you for already having the card ????????
I've tried in the past for other United cards and they definitely don't bend the rules.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by kvchang
I activated my card today and confirmed got 55k
Glad to hear that. I got approved June 2.

Also, I got a card for myself and my wife. Can I get a card for another relative and get another 5k bonus?
Old Jun 5, 2013, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Kadence
I've tried since last year. I don't think there are any more no-fee cards. Please post if you find out otherwise.

My card renewal came due in April of this yr. I didnt want to pay the annual fee and downgraded to the United no fee card. This card is still out there as I received it in the mail last month.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Macken7
Well I gave it a try again and it worked the Post 1654 approach by clicking on the link.
Did this too and was approved for a limit of $2,000. Is there a minimum limit to get the bonus? Said this. Is that the correct card? I couldn't get the 55k miles to show up after transferring points form Ultimate rewards.

You've been approved for the MILEAGEPLUS EXP SIG credit card.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 2:35 pm

Is it just me, or does the blonde woman who started showing up in the online ads recently look like Daenerys Targaryen?
Old Jun 5, 2013, 2:42 pm

My card renewal came due in April of this yr. I didnt want to pay the annual fee and downgraded to the United no fee card. This card is still out there as I received it in the mail last month.
What are the features & benefits of the no-fee card? How do these benefits differ from the card that carries an annual fee of $95? Does the card you now have say "United Explorer Card" or something else?
Old Jun 5, 2013, 2:55 pm

is there a way to get the 55K offer ? all i see is 30K

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.