FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1330475-limited-availability-ua-mp-explorer-up-55k-possible-50-stmt-credit.html)

macboss Mar 2, 2013 1:29 pm

I need a ticket to Asia but I'm running out of my AA miles. I'm looking at UA MP which will cost me 65k UA miles for a ticket to Asia. I have about 1800 miles in my UA MP. If I get this card and add an authorized user, I will get 55k miles. What other cards would you recommend to rack up more UA miles to have enough miles for the ticket or even two tickets?

sammyindc Mar 2, 2013 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by macboss (Post 20347207)
I need a ticket to Asia but I'm running out of my AA miles. I'm looking at UA MP which will cost me 65k UA miles for a ticket to Asia. I have about 1800 miles in my UA MP. If I get this card and add an authorized user, I will get 55k miles. What other cards would you recommend to rack up more UA miles to have enough miles for the ticket or even two tickets?

Chase Sapphire Preffered will get you 40,000 points that you can transfer to your UA account.

glennaa11 Mar 2, 2013 6:50 pm

Has anyone who already has the UA MP Signature Visa which apparently became this thing called the UA MP Awards visa been able to get this bonus on the Explorer card? I can't ever seem to get the website to show me any bonus offers at all.

dedkends Mar 2, 2013 7:52 pm

UA Mileage Explorer Card offer - Up to 60K miles (now 65K) & $50 statement credit

Any Chase card that will give you UR points

Jetlagged Traveler Mar 3, 2013 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by glennaa11 (Post 20348680)
Has anyone who already has the UA MP Signature Visa which apparently became this thing called the UA MP Awards visa been able to get this bonus on the Explorer card? I can't ever seem to get the website to show me any bonus offers at all.

I had the Signature card which became the Awards card and just got the bonus miles, miles for the additional user, and the statement credit for the Explorer Card. Using the information in this thread was helpful in pointing out that Chase considers these cards different products and therefore allows the bonuses.

djtsukasa Mar 4, 2013 10:00 am

Would Chase claw back the miles earned on this card if I cancelled? I opened it in October and would rather not cancel, but it is my only bargaining chip towards a Ink Bold. Having a hard time with the recon reps, I called twice and the 2nd one said "I see you've already called regarding this application" and quoted what was said in the first call.

Any help would be appreciated! I want the approval but I would rather not rack up the calls and having a rep look at all the calls every time. I love the UA card but... the Bold would be better.

sammyindc Mar 4, 2013 10:28 am

Originally Posted by djtsukasa (Post 20357370)
Would Chase claw back the miles earned on this card if I cancelled? I opened it in October and would rather not cancel, but it is my only bargaining chip towards a Ink Bold. Having a hard time with the recon reps, I called twice and the 2nd one said "I see you've already called regarding this application" and quoted what was said in the first call.

Any help would be appreciated! I want the approval but I would rather not rack up the calls and having a rep look at all the calls every time. I love the UA card but... the Bold would be better.

I wouldn't cancel it!! Ask them to take some of the credit limit you have on this card and apply it to the card you are trying to get.

If you had like $10,000 credit line on the UA explorer card, they can reduce it down to $5,000 and give you $5,000 on the other card. Depends on what the minimum credit line is for the card.

mightyducksman Mar 4, 2013 11:54 am

Originally Posted by glennaa11 (Post 20348680)

I had the UA Sig Visa and Continental onepass cards...cancelled UA Visa prior to merger and didn't cancel the onepass card until Nov 12 (was some mileageplus low level card at that time). I just now signed up for the 55k bonus explorer and talked with the CSR after activating - he said the 55k bonus is on the card. I will update after 1k spend if I get the miles.

djtsukasa Mar 4, 2013 11:55 am

Originally Posted by sammyindc (Post 20357586)
I wouldn't cancel it!! Ask them to take some of the credit limit you have on this card and apply it to the card you are trying to get.

If you had like $10,000 credit line on the UA explorer card, they can reduce it down to $5,000 and give you $5,000 on the other card. Depends on what the minimum credit line is for the card.

Here's the bind I'm in- I only have around 5-6K CL on that card so I have nothing to move around. It's either cancel UA or somehow convince them to extend more credit to me which seems unlikely...

umc Mar 4, 2013 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by djtsukasa (Post 20358277)
Here's the bind I'm in- I only have around 5-6K CL on that card so I have nothing to move around. It's either cancel UA or somehow convince them to extend more credit to me which seems unlikely...

You only have one Chase card, the UMP card? If you have 6k on the UMP card, you can move 5k to the Bold.

sammyindc Mar 4, 2013 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by umc (Post 20358328)
You only have one Chase card, the UMP card? If you have 6k on the UMP card, you can move 5k to the Bold.

Possible, not sure whate the minimum is on the Explorer card.
Also try different cards, Bold is harder to get than the Sapphire Preferred.
Do the online application and then call the reconsideration line and explain your situation/why you want the card and see what they can do.

umc Mar 4, 2013 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by sammyindc (Post 20359490)
Possible, not sure whate the minimum is on the Explorer card.
Also try different cards, Bold is harder to get than the Sapphire Preferred.
Do the online application and then call the reconsideration line and explain your situation/why you want the card and see what they can do.

My brother has 2k limit on his MPE card, and I've seen reports from people having only 1k limit on this card. So I don't think there is a required high limit for this MPE card. However, my Chase business cards are all above 5k. I'm not sure if 5k is the minimum to open a Chase business card.

Fotoav8r Mar 4, 2013 3:28 pm

The Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great deal, you can transfer the 40K bonus to your UA account and all additional points you earn after that.[/QUOTE]

How do you do this transfer? Do I have to call Chase, or do it online?

sammyindc Mar 4, 2013 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by Fotoav8r (Post 20359696)
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great deal, you can transfer the 40K bonus to your UA account and all additional points you earn after that.

How do you do this transfer? Do I have to call Chase, or do it online?[/QUOTE]

Online. Once the UR points post to your account you can transfer them to your UA account.

sammyindc Mar 4, 2013 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by umc (Post 20359638)
My brother has 2k limit on his MPE card, and I've seen reports from people having only 1k limit on this card. So I don't think there is a required high limit for this MPE card. However, my Chase business cards are all above 5k. I'm not sure if 5k is the minimum to open a Chase business card.

I'm pretty sure it is for most Business and most (not all) personal cards.