Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2015, 9:12 am

Given the 24 month churn restriction, is this bonus worth it? Or should I wait to see if United offers a better bonus? Any help is appreciated.
Old May 18, 2015, 11:07 am

Programs: AOPA
Originally Posted by Laura782
I just applied for the card through this link:

https://www.theexplorercard.com/50k50AFWIC/allbenefits and was instantly approved.

My most recent Chase United Plus Explorer card was approved in October 2013, so less than 24 months ago. Any opinions on whether I'll get the 50K points with this recent approval? I'm obviously reluctant to go for the (admittedly low) $2000 spend in 3 months if I won't get the points in the end and I'm nervous to send them a SM in case it alerts them to my situation.
Did u use the same MP #?

if you created a new one, then you are ok.
Old May 18, 2015, 1:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
I've gotten the Explorer card a second time last year, only to be told afterwards that it was a once per customer bonus and I wouldn't be getting a bonus so I didn't even try to meet the spending requirements.

That said, supposedly UA's deal with Chase is expiring soon?
Old May 20, 2015, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA/United/HH/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson
Decided to close my United Mileage Plus Explorer card just two months ago since they would not budge on waiving the fee or any points as they had the previous year.

Saw this thread, looked at my United account and saw that it had been 26 months since my last new card member bonus...

Applied and got instant approval, 50k points for 3k spend in 3 months plus another 5k points once I get my partner on board.

And to think I was cursing these guys two months ago....
Old May 24, 2015, 12:47 pm

Does anyone have experience or advice for applying for the Personal and Business versions of this card in 1 day? I've looked and haven't seen any mentions of this approach, but I could be wrong.
Old May 25, 2015, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by elnimo
Given the 24 month churn restriction, is this bonus worth it? Or should I wait to see if United offers a better bonus? Any help is appreciated.
I would go for it since the normal bonus is 30K instead of 50K, i doubt there will be a higher offer anytime soon.
Old May 25, 2015, 5:20 pm

Hello,

Under my account, I see offer for 50K miles + 5K for authorized user.

Created dummy booking and saw offer with 50K+5K+$50. However, when I clicked on the link, it asked me to log into my account and when i did the offer removed $50 statement credit. What can I do to get this $50 credit? What do people write in SM to CSR?

Also, I got Chase Sapphire bonus miles last year and was wondering if I'm still eligible for Explorer Card bonus.

Thanks for your help.
Old May 26, 2015, 2:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Tried to have a friend send me a referral. That failed, so I applied using the flight search technique to generate the 50K+5K+$50 credit. Approved instantly ^
Old May 26, 2015, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Tried to have a friend send me a referral. That failed, so I applied using the flight search technique to generate the 50K+5K+$50 credit. Approved instantly ^
Was wondering if you noticed a situation similar to mine (see my earlier post) about $50 statement credit disappearing when one logs in even after a flight search or did you not look into that when filling up the application.

Thanks,
Old May 29, 2015, 3:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E

Originally Posted by nkaufman
Originally Posted by beckoa

Was wondering if you noticed a situation similar to mine (see my earlier post) about $50 statement credit disappearing when one logs in even after a flight search or did you not look into that when filling up the application.

Thanks,
I thought it was there, but I'm not certain.
Old May 29, 2015, 5:57 am

Once meeting the spend requirement, how long after the statement closing date does it take for miles to show up in the United acct? My gf met the requirement, statement closed on 5/26. Chase says they have sent the miles to her account on 5/27, but they have not shown up yet.

Once they show up, we'll both be booking partner biz class award flights, so the timing is kind of important, with regard to availability. There was availability on 5/27, but who knows what it will be when United decides to get it together and post the miles...
Old May 29, 2015, 11:32 am
fet

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, UA, AS, DL, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by KHTravelBitten
Once meeting the spend requirement, how long after the statement closing date does it take for miles to show up in the United acct? My gf met the requirement, statement closed on 5/26. Chase says they have sent the miles to her account on 5/27, but they have not shown up yet.

Once they show up, we'll both be booking partner biz class award flights, so the timing is kind of important, with regard to availability. There was availability on 5/27, but who knows what it will be when United decides to get it together and post the miles...
I am in the same boat, statement closed on 5/26, no miles yet
Old May 30, 2015, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does having existing UA Biz card interfere with the bonus from Personal card?

Been out of town for 1.5 months until yesterday so am now pressing in time to play catch up - my main concern is, several months ago there were sporadic reports about folks having a biz card bonus earned within the 24 months and were denied the bonus on the personal card, but there were also others who have no issue getting both. I will try my best to go over the thread to find tidbits. My personal card was canceled 2 years ago. My biz card is about to be 2 years old. I have been able to see the 50K offer long before it is made public, without having to do any reservation exercise. Though I forgot whether it has the $50 statement credit or not.

Meanwhile, could people who have the biz cards chime in on their experiences?

Thank you very much for sharing the data.
Old May 30, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by nkaufman

Thanks,
No, the statement credit did not disappear. I logged into my UA account first, did a flight search, then clicked on the link with $50 statement credit and the landing page showed the $50 statement credit in addition to the 50k+5k
Old May 30, 2015, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
No, the statement credit did not disappear. I logged into my UA account first, did a flight search, then clicked on the link with $50 statement credit and the landing page showed the $50 statement credit in addition to the 50k+5k
Thanks. That sequence worked - Log in to account, do dummy search then click on link that now shows $50 credit.

Previously I was doing a dummy search first then clicking on link which led to login page. At that point, the link to application did not show $50 credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.