Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Experiences using non-Chase card at UR Mall

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:35 am

Used CS UM link instead of Ink bold as I had problem with receiving points from Sear....Used Firefox and Sear GC for purchase of $180. Points posted within 3 days.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:53 am

For those that have a 2x travel card (Sapphire Preferred, Ink Bold), does Chase consider any spend on sites like Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com as "travel" as well?

Currently Hotels.com says "4 extra pts/$" in the UR Mall, so I'm curious whether that means 5 or 6 pts/$ after all is said and done.

Also, I booked on Hotels.com via the UK version of the site (for some reason the rate was cheaper). Would that affect me getting my UR points properly? I'm hoping not since it's a drop-down on the Hotels.com site and it doesn't alter the URL of the site when you change the country. Wondering if anyone has experience with this.

Last edited by mia; Aug 27, 2012 at 11:15 am
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:17 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by esteban105
... "4 extra pts/$" in the UR Mall, so I'm curious whether that means 5 or 6 pts/$ after all is said and done.
1 base point for spending a dollar
1 bonus point for travel category
4 bonus points for using the portal
6 points total
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by mia
1 base point for spending a dollar
1 bonus point for travel category
4 bonus points for using the portal
6 points total
thanks mia! good to know that travel/booking agencies qualify.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 2:31 pm

Programs: HH Dia, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by BigRedBears
Bought $3200 worth of GCs from Sears and then bought some electronics with GCs. Once the statement closed 21000 UR points posted, which is a weird amount.

None of the points for GC purchases posted yet.
Here's my recent Sears experience:

GC purchase 2250 pts -- posted in 3 days
merch purchs 1800 pts -- posted in 3 days
GC purchase 10000 pts -- posted in 3 days
GC purchase 11700 pts -- posted in 3 days
GC purchase 15000 pts -- posted in 3 days
GC purchase 22500 pts -- posted in 11 days (just today )
merch purchs 61450 pts -- still waiting @ 11 days and counting

all purchases with non Ultimate Rewards cards. It seems that perhaps there is a point size threshold after which orders take longer to post. (20k point perhaps) And my recent large posting gives me hope that my remaining large purchase will post.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 8:37 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Spent 319 PRE tax on Sears via UR mall. Just looked at rewards activity and 3200 points are there. paid non Chase card .
How long for Mall points to move over to UR account ?
Old Aug 28, 2012, 8:41 am
mia

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
How long for Mall points to move over to UR account ?
Points will post when your Chase card billing cycle ends.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 6:20 pm

Last month, I purchased dell gc with amex card.. 5X points posted in UR mall with in a week and waiting for my stat to close. good deal
Old Aug 29, 2012, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by mia
Points will post when your Chase card billing cycle ends.
Thanks
Old Aug 29, 2012, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by benmaller
Here's my recent Sears experience:

GC purchase 2250 pts -- posted in 3 days
merch purchs 1800 pts -- posted in 3 days
GC purchase 10000 pts -- posted in 3 days
GC purchase 11700 pts -- posted in 3 days
GC purchase 15000 pts -- posted in 3 days
GC purchase 22500 pts -- posted in 11 days (just today )
merch purchs 61450 pts -- still waiting @ 11 days and counting

all purchases with non Ultimate Rewards cards. It seems that perhaps there is a point size threshold after which orders take longer to post. (20k point perhaps) And my recent large posting gives me hope that my remaining large purchase will post.
Great data points, thanks for sharing! So far Ive made a few very large purchases, but none of the points have shown up yet. I'm close to two weeks in on one of them
Old Aug 29, 2012, 3:59 pm

I had been having a hell of a time getting my points to post correctly. It seems ad block along with 3rd-party cookie blocking was to blame (of course)! Weird because my Amazon.com purchases always post to my Hawaiian airlines account without issue, alas after using Chrome in either incognito mode with no extensions running my last 5 orders have all posted correctly.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by keirnna
I had been having a hell of a time getting my points to post correctly. It seems ad block along with 3rd-party cookie blocking was to blame (of course)! Weird because my Amazon.com purchases always post to my Hawaiian airlines account without issue, alas after using Chrome in either incognito mode with no extensions running my last 5 orders have all posted correctly.

I think I used firefox. Is there something I should know about settings that may block my getting points ?

Want to purchase again from UR Mall

What type of GCs do you guys get that can be bought on either Citi Hilton or, Amex Spg Biz to make spends via Chase mall and get X UR points without raising flag
Thanks
Old Aug 31, 2012, 2:23 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
I made a $4000 purchase at Kohls.com via the UR Mall on 08/24 and paid for it with a Chase Sapphire cc and a $6000 purchase at JCpenney via the UR Mall on 08/25 and paid for it with my Amex card.

On the 25th when I spoke to a Chase CSR about my Kohls.com purchase, she said that she could see my Kohls.com AND my JCpenney purchase being tracked.
Heck, I didn't even mention the JCPenney purchase.
So, all's well in my world.

Fast Forward to 3 hours ago. I haven't received any email confirming the points, so I decide to write a Secure Message to Chase.
Get a reply back saying that
A. NOTHING tracked.
B. The Kohls.com didn't track and since I didn't use the UR mall (according to them) I wouldn't receive any points.
C. Purchase made with a NON-Chase cc were not eligible for UR points.

So I call Chase.
The agent listens to everything that I have to say and then tells me that point C is 100% correct. I begin explaining that it's not. I point out a $11.99 purchase made with a gift card that I received points for.

I'm placed on hold.
She comes back and tells me that there's NO way I used the UR mall. I tell her that I did.
She says..now get this... IF I use the UR mall, then when I checkout, it would automatically checkout using the Chase cc. The very fact that it let me use any CC means that I was on JCpenney NOT through the UR mall. What....!!!???
I try explaining to her that that's not true. And she gets very upset at me because I've been telling her that ("that's not correct/true) in reply to almost everything that she's been telling me.

I'm placed on hold again.
She comes back and tells me that it says right there on the UR mall "Check out with your Chase card and your extra points will automatically appear on your statement."
I tell her that that's just a recommendation and that nowhere does it say that NOT using the card will result in me NOT getting the points. And that there's nothing mentioned in the T&C.
And that I have proof that Chase has given me points before...
She's getting frustrated now with me.

I'm placed on hold again.
She comes back and says that She can't help me any more and that she refuses to discuss this topic any further!!!!!

So, I tell her- forget about the JCpenney purchase. I'll deal with that later.
I ask her how come I didn't get any points for the Kohls.com purchase?
She says to wait till the end of my statement and IF I don't receive the points by then, Chase will "look into it"

Things don't look good.

And what really interests me is how did that first CSR see BOTH the purchases? And what happened to those tracking tickets.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 2:34 pm
mia

Originally Posted by jatink129
... 08/24...
In my opinion you are calling much too soon. The bonus is awarded by the merchant, not by Chase. Some merchants award immediately, others wait the maximum time permitted by the contract (perhaps to simplify handling of returns.)

Posting of Rewards. The bonus rewards may take up to two billing cycles to appear on the "My Rewards Activity" page on the Ultimate Rewards website. However, the posting of bonus rewards may take longer than two billing cycles to post depending on a Merchant's policies, for example, many travel-related Merchants will not post rewards until after travel has commenced.
If you have read the earlier posts in this thread you will know that Chase has not trained frontline CSR's to handle transactions which do not appear on the Chase credit card associated with the Mall account. If the transaction does not post by mid-October you will need to deal with a manager.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 3:21 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by mia
In my opinion you are calling much too soon. The bonus is awarded by the merchant, not by Chase. Some merchants award immediately, others wait the maximum time permitted by the contract (perhaps to simplify handling of returns.)

If you have read the earlier posts in this thread you will know that Chase has not trained frontline CSR's to handle transactions which do not appear on the Chase credit card associated with the Mall account. If the transaction does not post by mid-October you will need to deal with a manager.
I was going by the "You will receive a confirmation within 5 days" notice.

I'm completely willing to wait...So basically I Shouldn't worry that they can no longer see the transactions?
I got worried because they could see it and now it's disappeared as opposed to them not showing at all.

Also- the frontline CSRs put me on hold and spoke to a supervisor with the same result.
A manager is someone even higher?

I'll wait.
Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.