Wiki Posts
Search

Experiences using non-Chase card at UR Mall

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2013, 8:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jatink129
Mind sharing your M.O ?
Anything special that you do, that ensures guaranteed tracking?

Also, How often do you large amounts? (More than $1000)
i always keep it under 1k....i guess i did have a failure to post 2 years ago when i did a purchase over 1k....every purchase under 1k has shown up 3-5 days after.
Old May 12, 2013, 1:10 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by apolloms
i always keep it under 1k....i guess i did have a failure to post 2 years ago when i did a purchase over 1k....every purchase under 1k has shown up 3-5 days after.
Aah...that's why.

The only ones I've had a problem with were over $1k as well...so I was wondering if you had a special MO.

Private browsing, things like that?
What browser?
Old May 12, 2013, 2:58 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jatink129
Aah...that's why.

The only ones I've had a problem with were over $1k as well...so I was wondering if you had a special MO.

Private browsing, things like that?
What browser?
i just use standard chrome....

if i'm buying multiple times from the same store, i will close the window of the store, close the UR window, and re open UR and go through the portal again. I also add all items to cart in a window first, close it, then go through UR mall
Old May 17, 2013, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by apolloms
i just use standard chrome....

if i'm buying multiple times from the same store, i will close the window of the store, close the UR window, and re open UR and go through the portal again. I also add all items to cart in a window first, close it, then go through UR mall
That's what I do as well. I'll add all the items that I want into the cart, log in, etc. Then I close the windows, re-enter the UR shopping portal, and purchase. Have yet to have one not flagged.

I'm trying my first non-UR card purchase in the mall. Used my new Club card. Hopefully I can get the 4x points plus the 1.5x on the Club card.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 11:16 am

Programs: AS 100K
a made a couple Nordstrom purchases via the UR Mall using gift cards (all under $1k), has anyone had any experience with Nordstrom and points posting (or not)?
Old Jul 6, 2013, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by wcj
I made a car rental reservation for my father through the UR mall. He paid with his non-chase card upon arrival, bonus to my chase account.
Scenario: If I book a car rental through UR with a United Club Visa, upon physical checkout at the car rental place I use my CSP to Pay (for 2.14x points), will I still get the 1x UR bonus from booking through UR?
Old Jul 8, 2013, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by SuperKirby
Scenario: If I book a car rental through UR with a United Club Visa, upon physical checkout at the car rental place I use my CSP to Pay (for 2.14x points), will I still get the 1x UR bonus from booking through UR?
If I were you I would forego the extra points in favor of the primary rental coverage that is offered with the United cards. You can still click though portal obviously, and you should get the points - but I always put rental cars on the United card for that reason.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by CFFrost
If I were you I would forego the extra points in favor of the primary rental coverage that is offered with the United cards. You can still click though portal obviously, and you should get the points - but I always put rental cars on the United card for that reason.
I was trying to pull the "trick" where I book with the United card, but upon checkout and nothing is absolutely wrong, I use the CSP to earn the 2.14x points.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by SuperKirby
Are you booking through the UR travel or through a UR partner? Guess I didn't quite follow. Either way, I just booked a car through UR and was charged instantly for it even though my trip isn't until August.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by jonnyd13
Are you booking through the UR travel or through a UR partner? Guess I didn't quite follow. Either way, I just booked a car through UR and was charged instantly for it even though my trip isn't until August.
UR Travel. I guess you answered my question. I never booked car rental through UR before. If it charges instantly (no post car rental check out and pay), then I cannot use my CSP to pay at the end of the car rental.

Although that is quite surprising, I have never rented a car where you pay beforehand.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 6:33 pm

Since the Amex Membership Rewards store closed I've used the American Express Premier Rewards Gold card several times through Chase UR, and each time was successful. Of course, if something goes wrong, as has happened to me before when using the Chase Sapphire Preferred on a Home Depot purchase, Chase are hardly going to help if you've used another card. As I understand, Chase use an external company for the rewards, and really don't seem to mind such (ab-)use. My guideline is to only risk it if there's a relatively big gain in points value for using a different card.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 6:31 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I don't know about non-Chase cards at UR mall, but I used my CSP to buy something form Nordstrom via UR mall last statement, but was never given the bonus points. Called CSR and he said Chase will send me a letter. Letter got here yesterday telling me that to get the points I must purchase through UR mall... Which I did... Just bought something again using my Freedom, let's see if I get the points this time.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 1:49 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by agp423
I don't know about non-Chase cards at UR mall, but I used my CSP to buy something form Nordstrom via UR mall last statement, but was never given the bonus points. Called CSR and he said Chase will send me a letter. Letter got here yesterday telling me that to get the points I must purchase through UR mall... Which I did... Just bought something again using my Freedom, let's see if I get the points this time.
was your purchase under or over $1k?

a couple weeks ago i made a two Nordies purchases under $1k each and I got the email from Ink (4-6 days after purchase) telling me I earned points. I read somewhere on this thread that people who made purchases over $1k had trouble getting their points. Either the points took a while to post or they had to call in. Maybe someone could chime in with their experiences.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by atcanobbio

a couple weeks ago i made a two Nordies purchases under $1k each and I got the email from Ink (4-6 days after purchase) telling me I earned points. I read somewhere on this thread that people who made purchases over $1k had trouble getting their points. Either the points took a while to post or they had to call in. Maybe someone could chime in with their experiences.
I placed a Nordstrom order for ~$5,500 a couple of weeks ago (Half Yearly Sale). I received confirmation of the bonus points a few days later and the points posted today with my monthly statement.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 4:07 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Originally Posted by atcanobbio

It was ~$220

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.