Chase UR Mall Earnings by Card

Old Mar 5, 12, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Just got a new Ink Bold card and noticed it offers more merchants in the UR Mall than my Sapphire Preferred or Freedom cards. Here's a summary by card:

Chase UR Mall Earnings by Card

You can click on the column header to sort the list by card or merchant. I'll try to update this once a month. BTW, I don't have the downgraded version of Ink or Sapphire but from what I've heard the downgraded cards have the same mall earnings as their bigger brothers.

Last edited by HikerT; Aug 1, 12 at 1:16 am
Old Mar 6, 12, 12:19 am

Programs: All of them...
I can not open the link

Last edited by mia; Mar 6, 12 at 7:53 am Reason: Remove quotation
Old Mar 6, 12, 7:52 am
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Moderator action

Removed several off topic posts extolling the virtues of Ink Bold in general terms without any mention of the Ultimate Rewards Mall.
Old Mar 6, 12, 1:49 pm

Programs: the human race
Thanks!

Not much variation across products. I just look at a few on the earnings list and compared it to the rate in my Palladium card UR account and the rates are the same.

Interestingly the Pd card does not have bonuses for some (e.g., hushpuppies) but does for others (e.g., lighting catalog).

If want the complete list for Pd send me a PM.
Old Mar 12, 12, 12:25 pm

anyone have data for the Select card?
Old May 1, 12, 1:17 am
Original Poster

Updated as of May 1. Notable changes are Groupon dropping to 2x and Staples back to 5x for Ink!

Edit: also looks like 20x at Sephora.com with Freedom!

Last edited by HikerT; May 1, 12 at 1:37 am
Old May 1, 12, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by HikerT View Post
Edit: from what I've heard the downgraded Ink and Sapphire cards have the same earnings as their bigger brothers, so for the long term downgrade Ink and keep Sapphire Preferred around for the 7%. Also, when earnings are the same by merchant use the portal for Sapphire Preferred since you get a 7% annual bonus all points earned. If shopping at Staples.com, etc. you can go thru the portal for Sapphire Preferred then pay with Ink to get the 5x on office supply spend.
I have both CSR and INK Bold and will be downgrading one. I plan to downgrade CSP because with INK bold, I will receive 2 free passes from Loungeclub. Then I can cancel AMEX Platinum as I won' t need their Priority Select Pass anymore. And I will keep United Explorer for Primary Car Rental protection and 2 free United Lounge Passes

Guess question is which is worth more....7% bonus from CSP or LoungeClub Passes from Chase INK

Last edited by mia; May 1, 12 at 12:44 pm Reason: Formatting
Old May 1, 12, 9:05 am
Original Poster

delete

Last edited by HikerT; Jan 1, 13 at 10:44 pm Reason: no longer relevant
Old May 1, 12, 9:17 am

Just FYI:

Downgraded Sapphire does have 2X dining, but not travel. Also, no 7% annual dividend.

Ink Bold can be downgraded to Ink Cash or Ink Classic. All have the same 5X categories, but the downgrades are limited to $25K in spend in those categories (vs. $50K Ink Bold). The Ink Classic has the same 2X categories as the bold (gas and hotels), but the Ink Cash has gas and dining.

All are excellent no fee cards. The Freedom is awesome too.

Edit: from what I've heard the downgraded Ink and Sapphire cards have the same earnings as their bigger brothers, so for the long term downgrade Ink and keep Sapphire Preferred around for the 7%.

Last edited by mia; May 1, 12 at 12:47 pm Reason: Prune quotation and repair formatting
Old May 1, 12, 9:26 am
Original Poster

delete

Last edited by HikerT; Jan 1, 13 at 10:44 pm Reason: no longer relevant
Old May 1, 12, 9:32 am
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by metoo View Post
...with INK bold, I will receive 2 free passes from Loungeclub. Then I can cancel AMEX Platinum as I won' t need their Priority Select Pass anymore.
You were keeping American Express Platinum for no reason other than to make two lounge visits per year?

See here if you want cheap lounge access.
Discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ub-merged.html

Last edited by mia; May 1, 12 at 11:06 am Reason: Fix quotation attribution & add link to Skyguide discussion
Old May 1, 12, 5:42 pm

Is there a reason Palladium is no longer listed?
Old May 1, 12, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by mia View Post
You were keeping American Express Platinum for no reason other than to make two lounge visits per year?
I applied for the AMEX Platinum in July 2011. With the $450 I paid, I received $200 GC from Alaska , $200 from AA and Global Traveller Pass ($100 I think) so I am ahead. I am thinking about not renewing AMEX this July and keeping INK for the 2 Passes.

Thanks to FT and sign up bonuses for credit cards, I fly Biz or lst class so I have lounge privileges. It is the odd domestic flights such as Lima to Arequipa which I would need a lounge pass.

Last edited by mia; May 2, 12 at 7:24 am
Old May 1, 12, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dr_wanderlust View Post
Is there a reason Palladium is no longer listed?
Yes, I don't have the card so can't update it easily. For palladium it's pretty easy - just take the lowest rate.
Old May 19, 12, 9:30 pm

Has the Apple store ever been paying more than 1X on the UR Mall, like it is now? If so, when? How many times points was it giving? Any guesses on when it may be paying more again?

Search this Thread