Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Targeted]Chase Ink Plus 50K points after 1st purchase and points transferrable

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2012, 10:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, HH & Marriott

There's an offer for an Ink Plus card, that has similar, if not same benefits as the Ink Bold card (another Chase business card).

I see the following similarities, but yet can't find details of this card on Chase's website:

-Annual fee waived for 1st year; $95/year thereafter
-Transfer your points to participating frequent traveler programs at full value
-Redeem for unrestricted airline travel
-Earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50k in purchases annually at office supply stores, on cable, internet and cellular services, and landline communications
-2 points per dollar for the first $50k spent annually on gas and hotels
-1 point per dollar for everything else with no limits

All of the above, but with 50,000 bonus points with first purchase (not $5k spend in 3 months)! So how come there is very little information on this card anywhere? I'd rather have the Ink Bold card, due to the design and perhaps additional unpublished benefits, but I'd rather have this 50k points with only one purchase. Did anyone else get this offer?
Old Jan 25, 2012, 11:25 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Mine was 5k spending, and I also have the ink Bold card...
Old Jan 26, 2012, 2:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by F23Coupe
There's an offer for an Ink Plus card, that has similar, if not same benefits as the Ink Bold card (another Chase business card).

I see the following similarities, but yet can't find details of this card on Chase's website:

-Earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50k in purchases annually at office supply stores, on cable, internet and cellular services, and landline communications

All of the above, but with 50,000 bonus points with first purchase (not $5k spend in 3 months)! So how come there is very little information on this card anywhere? I'd rather have the Ink Bold card, due to the design and perhaps additional unpublished benefits, but I'd rather have this 50k points with only one purchase. Did anyone else get this offer?
where is it and why dont you show it?
Old Jan 26, 2012, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jimmy1
What?
Old Jan 26, 2012, 5:32 am

Programs: many
What?
The offer. He's looking for a link for the offer with the details.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jimmy1
Originally Posted by pcharles
The offer. He's looking for a link for the offer with the details.
You guys didn't my read post. I looked for info and can't find it on Chase's web site. I posted to see if others had more info than what I received in the mail.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 9:40 am

Did you receive this offer recently? The ink plus is not listed on inkfromchase.com, and I don't see much info about it elsewhere (the top hit from flyer talk is this thread!) but it looks like some mention that it is a credit card, while the Ink Bold is a charge card.

Edit: But it is listed here, with a much smaller (10k) sign-up bonus, although the bold also has a 10k bonus on that page.

Last edited by aarif1; Jan 26, 2012 at 9:48 am
Old Jan 26, 2012, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aarif1
Did you receive this offer recently? The ink plus is not listed on inkfromchase.com, and I don't see much info about it elsewhere (the top hit from flyer talk is this thread!) but it looks like some mention that it is a credit card, while the Ink Bold is a charge card.

Edit: But it is listed here, with a much smaller (10k) sign-up bonus, although the bold also has a 10k bonus on that page.
Thanks. That at least shows that it exists. But not counting the 50k point sign on bonus, other details don't seem to match what was shown on that web site and what was offered in the mailing. For example, the annual fee was stated to be $95 after the first year and specifically lists the ability to transfer points to other FF programs, which I thought was exclusive to Ink Bold for business cards (and would be of interest to FT).

Maybe they're changing the benefits of the Ink Plus and I happen to be the first one to post on here about it. I doubt that they'd customize the card for only a few customers where these changes aren't trivial. I think I do remember seeing APR and interest rates on the financial disclosure sheet, which may differentiate this card from the Bold which isn't a credit card, but a charge card.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 11:52 am

Retracted. I was writing about the Ink Bold card. The OP was referring to the Ink "Plus" card, which I know nothing of.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 12:39 pm

I am holding the same offer in my hands, "Ink Plus", a targeted mailing. 50k miles for the first purchase, annual fee waived, points transferable to United/Continental, Marriott, Hyatt, etc.

PLUS two complimentary airport lounge visits per year, with the VIP lounge club membership waived for the first year.

A no-brainer if I ever saw one??
Old Jan 26, 2012, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4 MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pdubBoston
I am holding the same offer in my hands, "Ink Plus", a targeted mailing. 50k miles for the first purchase, annual fee waived, points transferable to United/Continental, Marriott, Hyatt, etc.

PLUS two complimentary airport lounge visits per year, with the VIP lounge club membership waived for the first year.

A no-brainer if I ever saw one??
^ Agreed, that's why when I got mine I didn't hesitate to "apply." Am curious how they selected which businesses since I have two businesses and only one got the offer. I may call them, now that I have the card in hand, and see if I can get the offer for my other business too.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:07 pm

Chase Ink Plus(targeted?) 50000 points 1st purch; 1st yr fee waived

I did a search for this card and did not see anything so I thought I would share a mail offer that I received from Chase for an Ink Plus card.

Strangely, this card does not appear on the Chase website and I called to Chase to confirm that it was legit. The rep said they have a number of variations of the Ink card that do not show on the website.

On to the offer details:

- 50000 points after first purchase
- access to Rewards mall
- complimentary lounge access
- able to transfer points to partners
- no foreign transaction fee
- 1st year fee waived(I cant remember off hand if it was $60 or $95)
- 5x points for offic supplis, landline/wireless communications
- it is a credit card not a charge card like the Bold

I actually had to ask them what the difference was between the Bold and Ink plus because looking at the offer sheet and the website for Bold details I couldnt tell the difference. What the rep and I came up with was that the Bold card has some features that are offered by Visa for only certain cards such as price protection.

Some other interesting tidbits. I was denied initally despite having excellent credit and called the reconsideration line(thx ft!). I had applied for a chase card in november and was told that an automatic denial is issued within 6 months of a previous credit application. I had read it was anywhere from 1-3 months so that was something new to me. I ended up doing a little horse trading because I had 1 card that had a ridiculously high limit on it.

Also the card was issued as a mastercard. The app didnt actually say anything about whether it was visa or mc so I can only assume it could be either.

They pulled the credit score from Transunion which was a nice bonus.

I hope that this post will have been of some help.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:10 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by pointnoob
I did a search for this card and did not see anything so I thought I would share a mail offer that I received from Chase for an Ink Plus card.

Strangely, this card does not appear on the Chase website and I called to Chase to confirm that it was legit. The rep said they have a number of variations of the Ink card that do not show on the website.

On to the offer details:

- 50000 points after first purchase
- access to Rewards mall
- complimentary lounge access
- able to transfer points to partners
- no foreign transaction fee
- 1st year fee waived(I cant remember off hand if it was $60 or $95)
- 5x points for offic supplis, landline/wireless communications
- it is a credit card not a charge card like the Bold

I actually had to ask them what the difference was between the Bold and Ink plus because looking at the offer sheet and the website for Bold details I couldnt tell the difference. What the rep and I came up with was that the Bold card has some features that are offered by Visa for only certain cards such as price protection.

Some other interesting tidbits. I was denied initally despite having excellent credit and called the reconsideration line(thx ft!). I had applied for a chase card in november and was told that an automatic denial is issued within 6 months of a previous credit application. I had read it was anywhere from 1-3 months so that was something new to me. I ended up doing a little horse trading because I had 1 card that had a ridiculously high limit on it.

Also the card was issued as a mastercard. The app didnt actually say anything about whether it was visa or mc so I can only assume it could be either.

They pulled the credit score from Transunion which was a nice bonus.

I hope that this post will have been of some help.
Thanks for the factoid. With no spend requirement and complimentary lounge access it seems to be a great deal. Would be a great deal even if the annual fee wasn't waived.

Btw, as far as I remember Ink Bold does not have a complimentary lounge access.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 5:43 am

Programs: many
Originally Posted by mnscout
Thanks for the factoid. With no spend requirement and complimentary lounge access it seems to be a great deal. Would be a great deal even if the annual fee wasn't waived.

Btw, as far as I remember Ink Bold does not have a complimentary lounge access.
Ink Bold has comp. lounge access also, its through the loungeclub, not priority pass. This applies to this ink plus as well.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 8:46 am

I don't understand... All the other bonus point offers (targeted and non-targeted) from AmEx, Citi, etc. are posted and discussed in MilesBuzz. And, this was transferred to Credit Card Programs!!!?? Why?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.