Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Old Jul 26, 2013, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by TravelKat14
So I'm clearly a newbie here...I literally just applied for the IHG card this morning for 60K points, and did not see the link to the 80k points til just now (I swear I searched for something better before I applied and found nothing, then this afternoon I just happened upon it- argh!).

Anyway, is it better to call now and ask for the bump or wait til I receive my card and meet the spending requirements?

Thanks!
I've had good luck with chase by sending a pm once the card is on my online accounts but it would not hurt to ask when you have to call in to activate it
Old Jul 26, 2013, 8:23 pm

Now that Priority Club has been renamed to IHG, I also see Chase issuing a "new" IHG credit card to replace the old Priority Club. Would existing Priority Club card holders be able to apply for the "new" IHG card and get all the signup bonus?
Old Jul 30, 2013, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
Now that Priority Club has been renamed to IHG, I also see Chase issuing a "new" IHG credit card to replace the old Priority Club. Would existing Priority Club card holders be able to apply for the "new" IHG card and get all the signup bonus?
I applied and got approved recently. On the Chase website it says "IHG® Rewards Club Select card". I'm still waiting for the card to arrive.

Question: A bit off track but how soon would the Platinum status kick in once been approved?
Old Jul 31, 2013, 2:29 am

Programs: Plat IHG, Marriott Rewards Silver, CSP, Ink Bold, USDM, *Wood Gold, AA, Club Carl
As I recall it was a soon as I activated the credit card.

Originally Posted by istroke
I applied and got approved recently. On the Chase website it says "IHG® Rewards Club Select card". I'm still waiting for the card to arrive.

Question: A bit off track but how soon would the Platinum status kick in once been approved?
Old Jul 31, 2013, 1:56 pm

Platinum didn't kick in right away for me

I applied & received the card towards the end of May. I met my minimum spend rather quickly and my statement closed on June 7 (with a payment due date of July 4). In the meantime, I stayed at a HIE on June 28 and a Staybridge on June 29. I was recognized as a club member but not platinum. I was checking my account daily for the status upgrade & mine came on July 7.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
Great question ! Since the IHG is relatively new i wonder if anyone here has tried it
Old Jul 31, 2013, 9:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by flyer4512
Great question ! Since the IHG is relatively new i wonder if anyone here has tried it
i have had th priority club card for 2 yrs and i requested to have the ihg card sent to me...it simply came in the mail as a replacement. No ive been using that card.

Basically, its a replacement so i doubt youll be able to get another bonus since its the same card lol
Old Aug 2, 2013, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by alrvd83
i have had th priority club card for 2 yrs and i requested to have the ihg card sent to me...it simply came in the mail as a replacement. No ive been using that card.

Basically, its a replacement so i doubt youll be able to get another bonus since its the same card lol
Did the new card have the same number as the old ?

I never had a problem churning any Chase card, it just requires a longer wait so I beleive I will get the bonus again someday
Old Aug 3, 2013, 2:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by flyer4512
Did the new card have the same number as the old ?

I never had a problem churning any Chase card, it just requires a longer wait so I beleive I will get the bonus again someday
Same exact #. It was as if they simply sent me a replacement priority club card with the new IHG rewards club logo.

So its NOT a new card.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 11:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by istroke

Took me about a month to get an email re: Platinum status. Haven't stayed in a hotel yet, so don't know about recognition.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by pricesquire
Took me about a month to get an email re: Platinum status. Haven't stayed in a hotel yet, so don't know about recognition.
When you log into your IHG account if it shows Platinum the hotel will see the same staus
Old Aug 4, 2013, 2:09 pm
Suspended

It shows Platinum now, but it took about a month for that to happen. TO each his/her own. (Or, YMMV)
Old Aug 4, 2013, 6:24 pm

Just got 2 instant approvals for me and my wife using the first link in the first post.

I will post again when the points show up.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 6:35 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
Thank's OP and 1st poster.

Applied 1 week ago using 1st post link. Instant Approval.
Card Arrived today.
Called to activate and confirmed 80K points with 1K spend 103d from application approval date.

Thanks a bunch again!
Most likely collecting for a distant future trip to Bora Bora!
Old Aug 5, 2013, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Can my wife and I apply for 2 separate cards both linked to the same IHG Rewards account?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.