Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver Premier, IHG Platinum
I am impressed as well.

Nov 1 - Applied card and was instantly approved
Nov 7 - Received card
Nov 14 - Met spend requirement
Nov 22 - Statement closed
Nov 23 - Received 80k bonus plus spend points, upgraded to Platinum
Old Nov 24, 2013, 8:05 pm

Programs: HH Gold-IHG Plat
Got card 11/22
Met spend req 11/23

Will update when platinum post and bonus points post.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 8:16 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Husband applied Nov 5th, received card and met spent , has the platinum status, paid off the charges but statement doesn't close till Dec. 18th.. :0 bill not due till Jan 1st.
Can't figure out why his statement is so late in comparison to above posters.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 1:34 pm

I just applied for this 80k offer and got approved via the link https://www.mychasecreditcards.com/ihg/inhotel80k, but it will actually redirect us to https://ccsic.fni-stl.com/cgi-bin/IHG.pl

I am a little worried about this website since it is not official Chase credit card application site. Can anyone confirm that is a legit and safe site for credit card application? Thanks a lot and happy turkey day to everyone!
Old Nov 29, 2013, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by Youwen
I just applied for this 80k offer and got approved via the link https://www.mychasecreditcards.com/ihg/inhotel80k, but it will actually redirect us to https://ccsic.fni-stl.com/cgi-bin/IHG.pl

I am a little worried about this website since it is not official Chase credit card application site. Can anyone confirm that is a legit and safe site for credit card application? Thanks a lot and happy turkey day to everyone!
You're fine.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 7:27 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by duranza
Husband applied Nov 5th, received card and met spent , has the platinum status, paid off the charges but statement doesn't close till Dec. 18th.. :0 bill not due till Jan 1st.
Can't figure out why his statement is so late in comparison to above posters.
Sapphire: Approval date Jul 17, first statement date closed Sep 15
Hyatt: Approval date Nov 10, first statment will close almost exactly a month after that.

I do wonder how Chase picks the statement closing date. There doesn't seem to be any consistency.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 8:21 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by hightide
There doesn't seem to be any consistency.
Yes there is
Old Dec 1, 2013, 6:24 pm

Immediate Platinum Upgrade

Thanks all for the valuable info!!! Applied for the 80k CC link. Noticed that the terms specified; allow 6 to 8 weeks for Platinum status upgrade to be applied. I sent an email to Chase that I needed Platinum status immediately and the long wait was unacceptable. I had Platinum the next day. Thought this info might be helpful for those who just got the card and want to take advantage of the "Big Win" promotion. With all the codes from FlyerTalk, I received 36,060 points on my first stay.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 10:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, Aadvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by HazyNJ
Thanks all for the valuable info!!! Applied for the 80k CC link. Noticed that the terms specified; allow 6 to 8 weeks for Platinum status upgrade to be applied. I sent an email to Chase that I needed Platinum status immediately and the long wait was unacceptable. I had Platinum the next day. Thought this info might be helpful for those who just got the card and want to take advantage of the "Big Win" promotion. With all the codes from FlyerTalk, I received 36,060 points on my first stay.
Thanks to you I was just upgraded to Platinum. I got the CC a few weeks ago and haven't met the spend. I asked an IHG representative if an upgrade ahead of time was possible and they said no. So after I read your post I tried again and it took one day. This should work out very well since I a bunch of stays upcoming. It's not exactly a points run but I was choosing between Hyatt, Marriott and IHG for these nights and this will tilt me towards IHG.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by wholelottamiles
Thanks to you I was just upgraded to Platinum. I got the CC a few weeks ago and haven't met the spend. I asked an IHG representative if an upgrade ahead of time was possible and they said no. So after I read your post I tried again and it took one day. This should work out very well since I a bunch of stays upcoming. It's not exactly a points run but I was choosing between Hyatt, Marriott and IHG for these nights and this will tilt me towards IHG.
I followed the same steps and was told that Platinum status has been granted. I logged into my IHG account and can't tell if I am on Platinum status or not. Is there a way to see that information? Does it show "Platinum" ? my current status reads "CLUB"
Old Dec 5, 2013, 11:26 am

Programs: HH Gold-IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ponickka
I followed the same steps and was told that Platinum status has been granted. I logged into my IHG account and can't tell if I am on Platinum status or not. Is there a way to see that information? Does it show "Platinum" ? my current status reads "CLUB"
give it a day, I got the same message and when I checked yesterday I was still a club member, when I looked today, I was platinum.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 1:19 pm

Hi, guys, this is my first post on this forum, I want to thank everyone because of you guys I did app for this card, I want to confirm that I used the link above and confirmed with chase today via SM that I will receive 80000 points with $1000 spend in 90 days. so yes, the 80k points is still working as of 12/7/13
Old Dec 7, 2013, 4:26 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by slap_happy
Hi, guys, this is my first post on this forum, I want to thank everyone because of you guys I did app for this card, I want to confirm that I used the link above and confirmed with chase today via SM that I will receive 80000 points with $1000 spend in 90 days. so yes, the 80k points is still working as of 12/7/13
Welcome to Flyertalk
And welcome to the IHG rewards card, the deal that keeps giving and giving for year after year after year........
Old Dec 8, 2013, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by HazyNJ
Would you mind elaborating how you were able to get so many points? I'm staying at some IHG properties but am a newbie here so some help appreciated. Just got this card a few days ago. Thanks.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 5:39 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by uzzet
Would you mind elaborating how you were able to get so many points?
Mostly for paid stays: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ad-2013-a.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.