Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Old Oct 26, 2013, 1:32 pm

Just applied and confirmed 80k!
Old Oct 26, 2013, 10:20 pm

How did you apply? I've been trying the links for several days, on a variety of computers and browsers, and I always get "this webpage is not available". I assumed the link must have gone dead.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 10:37 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Leif Karlen
I've been trying the links for several days, on a variety of computers and browsers, and I always get "this webpage is not available".
The link in the wiki loaded fine for me just now in a Chrome Incognito window.

Are you sure you don't have a firewall blocking it? And ensure your IP address is US-based?
Old Oct 28, 2013, 2:05 pm

Churn?

Any experience in churning this card since it is IHG Awards and not Priority Club now? I received a promotional email from Chase "sign up get 80k... etc", I closed this card earlier this year, I was planning to wait a bit to try to churn it, but if someone has positive results, I'd like to hear about it. If this was already answered, sorry for cluttering up this thread.

Best,

PedroNY
Old Oct 28, 2013, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by Leif Karlen
How did you apply? I've been trying the links for several days, on a variety of computers and browsers, and I always get "this webpage is not available". I assumed the link must have gone dead.
Link in the wiki, it worked for me in Chrome.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 5:52 pm

Is this card available with an EMV chip?
Old Oct 30, 2013, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA PS, AA GLD, SPG GLD, PC PLT, CC GLD
I called to cancel my card and asked whether they would be able to offer anything for retention. The agent said that since it's a card partnered with PC, they couldn't do anything for it. Though the free night certificate is nice, even then I don't think I'll travel enough to justify paying extra for the card just to get the certificate. Definitely a solid card otherwise, it's been a good run!
Old Nov 2, 2013, 4:50 pm

I understand that I shouldn't request to change my billing statement cycle in the effort to speed up the reward points being posted to my account. Am I also to understand that simply reaching the $1k spend and paying the balance off early (I've had the card for about a week and have paid off a $1k+ balance already) won't yield the reward points either?
Old Nov 2, 2013, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by mrbehm
I understand that I shouldn't request to change my billing statement cycle in the effort to speed up the reward points being posted to my account. Am I also to understand that simply reaching the $1k spend and paying the balance off early (I've had the card for about a week and have paid off a $1k+ balance already) won't yield the reward points either?
The wiki explains in detail when you can expect to receive your points.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 11:09 am

I got the IHG card a while back and had no problem getting the 80K. I already had about 10K in points from stays before applying. Now I'm wanting to get this card for my husband on his next AOR. He does not currently have an IHG account. I'm going to set that up for him & transfer 1,000 from his Chase UR. Hope this 80K offer works for someone who has an even 1000 and no stays in their account. Guess the worse case scenario would be 60K. Any thoughts?
Old Nov 3, 2013, 12:45 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, AGR S+
Originally Posted by jt58203
I got the IHG card a while back and had no problem getting the 80K. I already had about 10K in points from stays before applying. Now I'm wanting to get this card for my husband on his next AOR. He does not currently have an IHG account. I'm going to set that up for him & transfer 1,000 from his Chase UR. Hope this 80K offer works for someone who has an even 1000 and no stays in their account. Guess the worse case scenario would be 60K. Any thoughts?
Don't worry about putting any points in the account. You'll get the 80K if you sign up using the link. I opened up an IHG account just before applying to put the number on the app. Approved, confirmed 80K bonus through SM.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by PedroNY
Any experience in churning this card since it is IHG Awards and not Priority Club now? I received a promotional email from Chase "sign up get 80k... etc", I closed this card earlier this year, I was planning to wait a bit to try to churn it, but if someone has positive results, I'd like to hear about it.
PedroNY
I have the same question. And yes, I know there is an endless thread on churning Chase cards, but I couldn't find anything in it that applied to this specific question. Maybe it is answered there, but if so I couldn't find it.

I have the Priority card, but the T/C for the IHG card say for "new members of the IHG card", and don't mention the Priority card at all. I'm hoping this means they are considering the IHG card to be a different card from the Priority, thus I qualify for it. Anyone have and info about this?
Old Nov 4, 2013, 2:53 pm

good sign on bonus, great aniversary cert, too poor for spending
Old Nov 5, 2013, 9:55 am

Programs: LFFRS BOD
husband just got instantly approved.. has only one other Chase card. recently approved for World Arrival
Old Nov 5, 2013, 6:12 pm

I applied on 10/29, received the card on 11/4 and confirmed the $80k promo.

Would anyone know if sending someone money via PayPal as a gift (so no 4% fee) using this credit card would qualify as purchases towards the $1k?

I'm looking to make a private party purchase and would like to send money via PayPal as a gift rather than cash to help me reach the $1k asap.

Thanks in advance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.