Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2013, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ftgee
I stayed at the Palazzo this August using the AmEx Plat Fine Hotels and Resorts travel site on a Monday. The rate was $149 a night. With the $100 food and beverage credit, free breakfast for 2, and a slew of coupons they gave us as an AmEx member (2 for 1 drinks, etc.), the perks ended up being more than the room itself. I would go AmEx Plat.
One questions related to that. I don't have a platinum amex. Can a friend who has (who is planning to book a room for himself and his gf) also book a room for me & my bf and will we also get the same benefits AmEx Plat Fine Hotels and Resorts travel site? (p.s. I know this is off topic for this forum, sorry!)
Old Oct 21, 2013, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Did you finish the required spend within a week of the statement date? If so, the regular points will post but the 80k will not, until the next statement.
Quick question. I need the 80k points asap.

Should I meet the 1k requirement the first day I get the card (furthest possible date away from closing statement date)?

Or should I meet the 1k spend requirement the first day and call Chase to move statement closing date to the day after?

Which would post the 80k fastest to my account?
TIA
Old Oct 21, 2013, 7:50 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by shrimpsiumai
Or should I meet the 1k spend requirement the first day and call Chase to move statement closing date to the day after?
There are numerous reports that changing the statement date just postpones the closing even further. i.e. instead of closing, say, next week, it'll close in 5 weeks.

Unless anyone has a different experience to report about this particular card, your best bet is to make the spend immediately but also make a backup plan if your points don't post quickly enough.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
There are numerous reports that changing the statement date just postpones the closing even further. i.e. instead of closing, say, next week, it'll close in 5 weeks.

Unless anyone has a different experience to report about this particular card, your best bet is to make the spend immediately but also make a backup plan if your points don't post quickly enough.
Thanks for advise.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 8:09 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, National EC Exec
Originally Posted by morkovka
One questions related to that. I don't have a platinum amex. Can a friend who has (who is planning to book a room for himself and his gf) also book a room for me & my bf and will we also get the same benefits AmEx Plat Fine Hotels and Resorts travel site? (p.s. I know this is off topic for this forum, sorry!)
At risk of continuing off topic, yes, as long as you and your friend's rooms are on the same reservation and your friend checks you both in and pays for it, each room should receive the benefits.

From AmEx site:

Payment must be made with an American Express Card in the U.S. Platinum Card® member or U.S. Centurion Card® member’s name. Card member must travel on itinerary booked to be eligible for benefits described.

If you have more questions, just PM me or post to the AmEx forum.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 6:18 pm

How long does it take for 80k to post after meeting 1k spending?
Old Oct 22, 2013, 6:21 pm
Suspended

How long does it take for 80k to post after meeting 1k spending?
Please do minimal research...you have a 93 page thread at your disposal.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by pricesquire
Please do minimal research...you have a 93 page thread at your disposal.
Thank you for your very insightful post which added nothing.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you for your very insightful post which added nothing.
Flyertalk used to be a nicer place -- really. Get used to some people jealously guarding petty information if they believe you didn't work hard enough for it. Many seem to assume that's the case from the get-go. Just let it roll off your back.

I received the bonus and Plat status 9 days after I received the card, but I had the agent change my payment due date when I activated it to 4 days after I received the card, and I made the 1K spend the day I received and activated it.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Get used to some people jealously guarding petty information if they believe you didn't work hard enough for it. Many seem to assume that's the case from the get-go.
I disagree. People get tired of threads being cluttered by repeated questions for which the answer is readily available. In this case, the answer is in the very short wiki at the top of every page in the thread. It's there for a reason.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 7:58 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, AGR S+
Originally Posted by beltway
I disagree. People get tired of threads being cluttered by repeated questions for which the answer is readily available. In this case, the answer is in the very short wiki at the top of every page in the thread. It's there for a reason.
Negative. The answer to his question is not in the wiki. Do I think his answer could have been found by reading a few pages? Most likely. But his question wasn't "if I completed my spend within 7-10 days of my statement closing, when will the 80k post?" Therefore, his question was not answered.

To the OP: I haven't met the spend on this card yet but my Chase rewards cards generally post within a few business days of my statement date.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by SOCguy
Negative. The answer to his question is not in the wiki. Do I think his answer could have been found by reading a few pages? Most likely. But his question wasn't "if I completed my spend within 7-10 days of my statement closing, when will the 80k post?" Therefore, his question was not answered.
I agree that it could use clarification, but anybody who can't infer from the wiki that the bonus posts after statement close (or perhaps after the next month's statement, depending on timing) has issues FT is not competent to address.

Normally, I'd make the edits ASAP, but I don't want to be accused of changing the wiki to make the question-poser look even worse. All in good time....
Old Oct 23, 2013, 9:58 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, AGR S+
I agree that it could use clarification, but anybody who can't infer from the wiki that the bonus posts after statement close (or perhaps after the next month's statement, depending on timing) has issues FT is not competent to address.

Normally, I'd make the edits ASAP, but I don't want to be accused of changing the wiki to make the question-poser look even worse. All in good time....
I think it's all in how you look at it. I read his question to ask how long after meeting the spend (and the statement closing) does it take for the bonus to post. Is it immediate? A couple days? 6-8 weeks? Yes, the wiki infers that the bonus will not post until after the statement closes, but it doesn't say how long that takes.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Instead of cluttering the thread further, those people should just ignore the post and allow those who are willing to give an answer. Nasty little snipes like poster encountered are pointless.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by SOCguy
I think it's all in how you look at it. I read his question to ask how long after meeting the spend (and the statement closing) does it take for the bonus to post. Is it immediate? A couple days? 6-8 weeks? Yes, the wiki infers that the bonus will not post until after the statement closes, but it doesn't say how long that takes.
I've updated the wiki in an effort to answer this FAQ, as well as questions about churning the card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.