Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Old Aug 24, 2013, 7:15 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy
My wife applied through the 80K link on post #1 today (the one with the dodgy looking landing page, no bonus terms) and was instantly approved. We called Chase just a few minutes after and confirmed the terms:

* 80K bonus points after 1K spend in 3 months
* Free night each year when annual fee is due
* Annual fee waived 1st year
* Platinum status for the life of the card

I'd applied for the card successfully myself in August of 2012. Amazed the link still works a year later. Only difference in terms is that I got the points on 1st purchase. Fortunately post #1 mentions the "new" 1K spend requirement.

Thanks again FT.
This deal has actually been around, in various forms, for at least three years now. I got my 80,000 point card in Nov. 2010 and others got 80,000 before me. At that time it was a targeted offer. So, Chase and PC/IHG has been offering this for a long time, and I expect they will continue to do so for more months/years. I expect that even if this particular link stops working, this 80,000 point card will still be available somewhere, somehow........
Old Aug 25, 2013, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by onthego15
This deal has actually been around, in various forms, for at least three years now. I got my 80,000 point card in Nov. 2010 and others got 80,000 before me. At that time it was a targeted offer. So, Chase and PC/IHG has been offering this for a long time, and I expect they will continue to do so for more months/years. I expect that even if this particular link stops working, this 80,000 point card will still be available somewhere, somehow........
Great to hear it. Wish I'd applied both myself and my wife more strategically in terms of when the annual fee is due. So we'd have plenty of time to book and use the annual two free nights together when we typically travel overseas. At least we both have an August annual fee due date. Anyone know if Chase can change the annual fee due date to another month?
Old Aug 25, 2013, 1:09 pm

Great to hear it. Wish I'd applied both myself and my wife more strategically in terms of when the annual fee is due. So we'd have plenty of time to book and use the annual two free nights together when we typically travel overseas. At least we both have an August annual fee due date. Anyone know if Chase can change the annual fee due date to another month?
Have you actually had a problem redeeming your annual free nights? I can't remembering anyone having that problem.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 2:57 pm

Have you actually had a problem redeeming your annual free nights? I can't remembering anyone having that problem.
Not yet. Although we typically travel in late Sept, leaving only around 35 days to book the nights before arrival. But then we sometimes do overseas trips in May.

One target for use is the Overwater Bungalows (OWBs) at one of the IHG properties in Tahiti. Imagine those go fast if they're available at all with the annual free nights. Anyone know for sure?

Did some random checking and I don't ever see OWB availability--at least for the property @ PPT--when checking for award nights using points. The "motu" and "junior suite" OWBs don't show up. Not sure how to check IHG's engine using the annual free nights.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 8:12 pm

Not yet. Although we typically travel in late Sept, leaving only around 35 days to book the nights before arrival. But then we sometimes do overseas trips in May.

One target for use is the Overwater Bungalows (OWBs) at one of the IHG properties in Tahiti. Imagine those go fast if they're available at all with the annual free nights. Anyone know for sure?

Did some random checking and I don't ever see OWB availability--at least for the property @ PPT--when checking for award nights using points. The "motu" and "junior suite" OWBs don't show up. Not sure how to check IHG's engine using the annual free nights.
I don't believe that you can book the free nights online. You have to call in. Don't assume that something is booked or not. Call and ask.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by AZWildcat97
Hmm... I've had my card for over a month now but I'm still not Platinum Elite. Anyone else in the same boat?
My first statement closed on the 23rd of this month with spending met. I've yet to get plat nor the 80k bonus although the 1:1 points + category bonuses have posted.

The first time i did it, i got plat immediately and 80k posted the day after the statement closed
Old Aug 27, 2013, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by pkoo
My first statement closed on the 23rd of this month with spending met. I've yet to get plat nor the 80k bonus although the 1:1 points + category bonuses have posted.

The first time i did it, i got plat immediately and 80k posted the day after the statement closed
1. when do you meet the spend relative to your closing statement date?

2. when was the last time you applied for this card?

I fear you may be a victim of the Chase non-churn policy depending on #2.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 12:25 am

Waiting for my statement to close for Platinum. If I book stays now for dates after the Platinum should kick in, will I still get Platinum benefits for those stays (50% bonus points, etc)?
Old Aug 29, 2013, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by bismark
Waiting for my statement to close for Platinum. If I book stays now for dates after the Platinum should kick in, will I still get Platinum benefits for those stays (50% bonus points, etc)?
Yes, your status when you check-in is taken into account
Old Aug 29, 2013, 6:46 pm

Programs: American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
My wife just applied using the 80k link on page 1/wiki. Got a "your application requires further processing and is currently being reviewed" message. It says she will be notified in writing in 30days. She called the Chase application status number and hit 0 to talk to a CSR. He said that it was pending and that they get to the applications as they come in.

Is this normal? Should she call the reconsideration # even though she wasn't denied? Would this push it through quicker?
Old Aug 30, 2013, 5:19 am

Programs: American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Filler03
My wife just applied using the 80k link on page 1/wiki. Got a "your application requires further processing and is currently being reviewed" message. It says she will be notified in writing in 30days. She called the Chase application status number and hit 0 to talk to a CSR. He said that it was pending and that they get to the applications as they come in.

Is this normal? Should she call the reconsideration # even though she wasn't denied? Would this push it through quicker?
Update: She called reconsideration this morning and approved her without any questions. ^
Old Sep 1, 2013, 5:57 am

I don't believe that you can book the free nights online. You have to call in. Don't assume that something is booked or not. Call and ask.
Thanks OnTheGo.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 6:13 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
That changed several months ago. You can book them online.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by KathinJax
That changed several months ago. You can book them online.
Thanks for the update. I haven't used my free night certificate yet this year, so I am behind the times.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 7:11 pm
ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
I have had a Priority Club visa in the past. It has been 4 or 5 years. Tried for another just when Chase cut off churning. What is the consensus on my chances of getting the bonus now?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.