Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Old Aug 11, 2013, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Can husband and wife both apply for this card crediting to the same IHG account (160K to single account)?
Old Aug 11, 2013, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by dukerau
Can husband and wife both apply for this card crediting to the same IHG account (160K to single account)?
I wouldn't try that. It's against the rules, and you have a high risk of Chase or IHG's computers dinging one of your bonuses from posting thinking it is a duplicate.

I don't know why you'd risk it anyway-- you can always have others check in under your award reservations, you don't get any benefits like "5th night free" with IHG, and you can always pay a nominal charge with their "cash and points" program if one of you was say 5000 points short to drain an account fully.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by teammjs
I wouldn't try that. It's against the rules, and you have a high risk of Chase or IHG's computers dinging one of your bonuses from posting thinking it is a duplicate.

I don't know why you'd risk it anyway-- you can always have others check in under your award reservations, you don't get any benefits like "5th night free" with IHG, and you can always pay a nominal charge with their "cash and points" program if one of you was say 5000 points short to drain an account fully.
Good point about the Cash&Points. It would just be more convenient to have them in one account, but you're right, probably not worth the risk.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 1:21 pm

Still no definite word on whether or not someone with the Chase PC card can apply for the IHG card and get the bonus all over again?
Old Aug 13, 2013, 9:32 pm

Approved through link in OP. Currently have 3 Chase cards - Amazon, Freedom, United.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 12:15 am

I just applied and got approved for both wife and I. Will they approve if I apply for my 10yo son...if he do make significant income?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 12:45 am

Had my sister apply for this card immediately after applying for the United Explorer. Both instantly approved. She called and confirmed she was receiving the 80k bonus after 1k spend. Her only Chase account was the Freedom since April.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Still no definite word on whether or not someone with the Chase PC card can apply for the IHG card and get the bonus all over again?
I would like to know as well. I personally think it's about a 50-50 chance whether Chase considers this "new", but I'd error on the side of at least leaving the PC/IHG account number blank.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 3:24 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I would guess that it's less than 10% chance that you will get a second bonus. This is a not a new card. It is simply a change to the name of the program. Chase has changed nothing. PC has changed its name to IHG.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 6:16 am

My IHG account has 80K CC offer, can I click on the link, then fill another person's info to get the other person this deal?
Old Aug 15, 2013, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by hdlz
My IHG account has 80K CC offer, can I click on the link, then fill another person's info to get the other person this deal?

When I first signed up for the card, I only got the 60K bonus. But after reading a FT thread about an 80K, I sent a secure message to Chase and asked if I could be upgraded to that deal. Less than a day later they said no problem and deposited the additional 20K the next day.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 7:09 am

Programs: Plat IHG, Marriott Rewards Silver, CSP, Ink Bold, USDM, *Wood Gold, AA, Club Carl
How long ago was it that you signed up for the card?

Originally Posted by JWEMTX
When I first signed up for the card, I only got the 60K bonus. But after reading a FT thread about an 80K, I sent a secure message to Chase and asked if I could be upgraded to that deal. Less than a day later they said no problem and deposited the additional 20K the next day.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by vodkashine
How long ago was it that you signed up for the card?
Applied on 8/9 and got instant approved, card sent out 8/13, called today to check on status and confirmed 80K for 1K spent in first 3mo.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 6:12 pm

Signed up for the card a little over a week ago, instant approval. I already have 5 personal cards with Chase (Freedom, CSP, Marriot, Amazon, UA Ex) so I was surprised that I was approved without canceling/moving credit, although it does have a rather low spending limit. Just got the card today, confirmed the 80k bonus.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 10:26 pm

Programs: Plat IHG, Marriott Rewards Silver, CSP, Ink Bold, USDM, *Wood Gold, AA, Club Carl
Thanks for the info. Out of curiosity - when was your last chase cc app?

Thanks again!^
Originally Posted by 0geek
Signed up for the card a little over a week ago, instant approval. I already have 5 personal cards with Chase (Freedom, CSP, Marriot, Amazon, UA Ex) so I was surprised that I was approved without canceling/moving credit, although it does have a rather low spending limit. Just got the card today, confirmed the 80k bonus.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.