Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 16, 16, 12:15 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: beltway
Wiki Link
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

Closed Thread

Old Aug 5, 13, 8:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Maz67 View Post
Anyone been able to use the annual free night in the IC Times Square NY?
Why wouldn't you be able to? Isn't the free night at any IHG property?
Old Aug 5, 13, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by alrvd83 View Post
Same exact #. It was as if they simply sent me a replacement priority club card with the new IHG rewards club logo.

So its NOT a new card.
I wouldn't make the assumption that same card number = not a "new" card for possible churning.

On several Ink and Sapphire products, I recall there have been several reports of folks being able to downgrade or change products while the card number remained the same. Had they cancelled, they could have applied for the same new product and gotten the bonus (main reason they didn't normally: annual fee coming up and other card not worth getting as the new Chase to apply for).

My guess is that the new IHG card is probably NOT considered a new product from the Priority Club cards for easy churning purposes, but then again Chase has been pretty liberal in the past on some cards that seemed very similar.
Old Aug 5, 13, 11:41 pm

Programs: US Gold & AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by pricesquire View Post
Why wouldn't you be able to? Isn't the free night at any IHG property?
Haven't received or used our first 2 free night certs so have no experience using them. I still don't know what I don't know. For example, is there anything that can affect whether the certs work or not? Is it as simple as if a room that night you get it or are there other factors that can come into play affecting the probability of successfully getting the night? Are some properties harder to use the certs at than others? Hope I am making sense. Thanks.
Old Aug 6, 13, 6:53 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Haven't received or used our first 2 free night certs so have no experience using them. I still don't know what I don't know. For example, is there anything that can affect whether the certs work or not? Is it as simple as if a room that night you get it or are there other factors that can come into play affecting the probability of successfully getting the night? Are some properties harder to use the certs at than others? Hope I am making sense. Thanks.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...t-pc-visa.html
Old Aug 6, 13, 1:01 pm

Thanks!
Old Aug 6, 13, 3:14 pm

In honor of this FAQ, I've created a wiki with a link to the free-night-cert thread.
Old Aug 6, 13, 9:12 pm

Any first hand reports on using at the IC Times Square? After reading the posts it appears there is a set inventory at each property for these "free nights". I wonder if there is a set formula for determining what the magic number is for each location or is it a simple % of rooms? If it is a set % it would seem there would be more annual availability at larger IC hotels but then higher demand could also soak up the nights quicker.
Old Aug 7, 13, 11:55 pm

priority club 80,000mile

Is the 80,000 mile award still available or only the 60,000 mile?
I can only find the 60,000 mile award

Thanks Rocton
Old Aug 8, 13, 4:51 pm

Programs: IHG Plat
just wanted to confirm 80k points from my 7/14 application, used the link in the OP. received the card within a week and spent 1k immediately. got the 80k credit on 8/4. statement closing date is 8/23. i dont know how i managed to get the points before statement closed.
Old Aug 9, 13, 11:19 am

data point follow up

80k points posted 8/7... my original point:

another datat point: Applied 7/15 got the card 7/20, called to confirm 80k after 1k spend. Put 1000 instantly on amazon payments. I will repost to confirm when the 80k points post. Thanks for the...
Old Aug 9, 13, 4:05 pm

80K posted on 8/4 right after the 2nd statement.
Old Aug 11, 13, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by marble123 View Post
Just got 2 instant approvals for me and my wife using the first link in the first post.

I will post again when the points show up.
Just activated card and confirmed with CSR that the 80k/$1000 offer is attached to our accounts.
Old Aug 11, 13, 3:59 pm
Formerly known as scootr29

Got approved today and confirmed the 80K offer is valid on my account....
Old Aug 11, 13, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
Can husband and wife both apply for this card crediting to the same IHG account (160K to single account)?
Old Aug 11, 13, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by dukerau View Post
Can husband and wife both apply for this card crediting to the same IHG account (160K to single account)?
I wouldn't try that. It's against the rules, and you have a high risk of Chase or IHG's computers dinging one of your bonuses from posting thinking it is a duplicate.

I don't know why you'd risk it anyway-- you can always have others check in under your award reservations, you don't get any benefits like "5th night free" with IHG, and you can always pay a nominal charge with their "cash and points" program if one of you was say 5000 points short to drain an account fully.

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: