Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2013, 1:08 pm

Programs: US Gold & AA Lifetime Gold
Applied and was approved last month.

Today submitted an app for my wife (Exp. 756) who already has chase UA and CSP. She got the "under review 30 days" message.

I know she can call the recon line but has anyone ever tried doing it through sm? Any luck? Good or bad? Thanks
Old May 10, 2013, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by Maz67
Applied and was approved last month.

Today submitted an app for my wife (Exp. 756) who already has chase UA and CSP. She got the "under review 30 days" message.

I know she can call the recon line but has anyone ever tried doing it through sm? Any luck? Good or bad? Thanks
Why risk it? If she has a good history with Chase, she shouldn't have any problem getting approved for the card (though she might need to move CLs around). We all know it works through the phone number, so I would suggest going that route. Odds are, the people looking at SMs don't have the authority to approve applications.
Old May 10, 2013, 5:29 pm
FTA

delete

Last edited by FTA; May 10, 2013 at 6:46 pm
Old May 10, 2013, 10:17 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
A friend applied for this using the link in first post on Wednesday as part of an AOR. Got a pending status since it's the last app on the list (behind the also-pending SP card). Was planning to call recon this wkd but she saw it pops up on the online account today (Fri). Nice! Will confirm the bonus when activating the card.
Old May 11, 2013, 8:31 am

How long after getting approved for the card do people get the points posted? I have a trip planned for July 4th weekend and I want to book an Intercontinental. If I were to apply for the card and get approved by Monday (and I can complete the spending requirements within 1 week or two), do you guys think i can get the points in before July comes?
Old May 11, 2013, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by gtu2004
How long after getting approved for the card do people get the points posted? I have a trip planned for July 4th weekend and I want to book an Intercontinental. If I were to apply for the card and get approved by Monday (and I can complete the spending requirements within 1 week or two), do you guys think i can get the points in before July comes?
The points will not post until the statement is cut. Does not matter how fast you spend. With that said, if you do the spend right away, the latest you should get the points is one month after you get the card, so July should be good(assuming availability is still there at that time).
Old May 11, 2013, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by gtu2004
You will need to complete the spending requirements, and have them post, prior to the end of your billing cycle. I believe Chase lets you specify the end date when you activate the card, so you might be able to get things setup properly.

Assuming you have the $1000 posted and your statement closes, you will get the points (and usually status) the following business day. However, if you don't make the requirements in time, you will need to wait until the following month. In other words, points/status only post the day (or so) after the statement ends, and usually right after.
Old May 14, 2013, 1:15 am

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
Got my credit card started my spend after I confirmed that it will be 80K after I meet the spend.

Wish they provided the credit score when you get the CC in the mail.
Old May 14, 2013, 1:17 am

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
Got my credit card in the mail. I started my spend already after I confirmed that it will be 80K after I meet the spend.

Wish they provided the credit score when you get the CC in the mail.
Old May 14, 2013, 2:24 pm

I was approved for the card on April 22. I noticed last week the 80K miles are already posted to my account. Great deal!
Old May 14, 2013, 3:18 pm

was approved on 5/9. the rep told me it's 80k after spending $1000 instead of first purchase.
Old May 14, 2013, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by guoguo914
was approved on 5/9. the rep told me it's 80k after spending $1000 instead of first purchase.
Yes. Not only has that been discussed at length, but the OP has said that since 1/5/2013. You seem surprised.
Old May 15, 2013, 8:15 am

Programs: AA LT Gold 1MM ,Hyatt Explorist,Marriott Platinum,HHonors Diamond
Applied yesterday .....pending
Approved today after calling recon #.
80K bonus offer confirmed with rep after $1k spend
AOR result so far ....3/6 .....205K/415k
Pending:Club Carlson Biz,Club Carlson Premier and Barclay Arrival
Old May 15, 2013, 8:36 am

Programs: Delta SM, ICH PLAT
What is the concensus on churning time period? I am on my second card (received the 60K bonus) for 2 years now (just got my second VISA free-night cert notice). Do I need to wait 6 months or more after cancellation before applying again?

Also, what will happen to my free night cert if I cancel my card?
Old May 15, 2013, 2:54 pm

Just got approved over the phone and was able to confirm 80k for $1k spend in 3 months. Perfect!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.