Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Old Feb 3, 2013, 10:17 am

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by caGALINDO
I have the Chase PC churn status noted as "Maybe, 1 yr aft. Cancel"

I would add it to the next AOR
Here is an interesting data point on CHASE.

I got the HYATT CC back in Q4 2011. I used it in early 2012 to purchase an award ticket on UA to fly in Dec 2012 to MVD. UA royally screwed up my ticket, almost leaving me stranded in both Chicago and Panama, and then lost my luggage.

When I called CHASE to file a lost luggage ticket, they couldn't find any trace of my HYATT CC. The CSR told me that if I carried a $0 balance for 'some period of time' and then closed the account, they purge it from the system.

So, in CHASE's POV, I never got the HYATT card. I can't see it on my online profile and there is no record of statements. I gave them the last 4 of the CC (only thing I had from the email confirmation) & expiration date and they told me they couldn't find such a card associated with my SSN.

Getting to the point, check your online profile for cards you can show or hide. If one doesn't show up, it has probably been purged from your account.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 2:24 pm

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I didn't see if after looking through several pages. What can the 80,000 points be used towards? Can they be transferred to Chase Ultimate Rewards? Can they be redeemed for $800 in gift cards? Or can they only be used to redeem for hotel stays?

Also, do we get one free night certificate the first year, or does that only happen after the first year?
Old Feb 5, 2013, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by Squeezer
Sorry if this has already been asked, but I didn't see if after looking through several pages. What can the 80,000 points be used towards? Can they be transferred to Chase Ultimate Rewards? Can they be redeemed for $800 in gift cards? Or can they only be used to redeem for hotel stays?

Also, do we get one free night certificate the first year, or does that only happen after the first year?
http://www.priorityclub.com/rewards/us/en/redeem/
Old Feb 5, 2013, 7:00 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by Squeezer

You get the free night after your first anniversary.
IMHO this card has very little value if you don't stay at PC hotels, a lot of value if you do.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 9:23 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by onthego15
You get the free night after your first anniversary. IMHO this card has very little value if you don't stay at PC hotels, a lot of value if you do.
Agree. This is an OK card for gas stations and restaurants, and of course, booking Intercontinental Group hotels. The card maintains my Priority Club platinum status.

I have had the card since it first came out -- sadly, before the 80k points bonus offer. For my two anniversary "free night"s, I stayed one night at the Paris Intercontinental last year; and last month, the Sydney Intercontinental. The price of a night at either property exceeds the card renewal fee -- by quite a lot!
Old Feb 7, 2013, 4:25 pm

Does my card account need to be open to use my free night certificate? I already got the certificate by email but need to close my account to get approved for another chase card.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by samdori
Does my card account need to be open to use my free night certificate? I already got the certificate by email but need to close my account to get approved for another chase card.
Yes.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 9:40 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Mileage Plus
Just FYI, for anyone considering this, I used the link from this thread, was approved instantly, and when activating the card, was told by the rep that I would earn 80,000 PC points after a $1000/3 month spend.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 6:55 pm

I signed up for this card in Aug, but I do most of my travel in summer, Jun. Does anyone know if the free 1-night stay anniversal bonus has a time limit? Can I get the voucher and use it in June next yr?
Old Feb 9, 2013, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
I signed up for this card in Aug, but I do most of my travel in summer, Jun. Does anyone know if the free 1-night stay anniversal bonus has a time limit? Can I get the voucher and use it in June next yr?
You get the voucher on the 1 year anniversary from when you opened the account and it must be used one year from that date.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 4:56 pm

Bonus Cleared

Just got my 80k bonus after statement. Applied in mid-December of 2012. I had to spend $1k to clear the bonus. I tried contacting them about matching offer to 1st spend but was denied.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 10:38 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
Has anyone churned this card in less than a year? I have done it between 19-23 months (different cards for diff family members) but wondering if someone did it in a much shorter time frame than a year
Originally Posted by stupidzbu
Here is an interesting data point on CHASE.

I got the HYATT CC back in Q4 2011. I used it in early 2012 to purchase an award ticket on UA to fly in Dec 2012 to MVD. UA royally screwed up my ticket, almost leaving me stranded in both Chicago and Panama, and then lost my luggage.

When I called CHASE to file a lost luggage ticket, they couldn't find any trace of my HYATT CC. The CSR told me that if I carried a $0 balance for 'some period of time' and then closed the account, they purge it from the system.

So, in CHASE's POV, I never got the HYATT card. I can't see it on my online profile and there is no record of statements. I gave them the last 4 of the CC (only thing I had from the email confirmation) & expiration date and they told me they couldn't find such a card associated with my SSN.

Getting to the point, check your online profile for cards you can show or hide. If one doesn't show up, it has probably been purged from your account.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by filelover
Has anyone churned this card in less than a year? I have done it between 19-23 months (different cards for diff family members) but wondering if someone did it in a much shorter time frame than a year
Fwiw, my sister cancelled this card back in June, '12 and since her new job has her staying at CP a lot, she applied again in Jan, '13 and was approved. Her original intent was not to churn but use it for her work stays and she was approved again for the card within 6 months.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:07 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
She may have been approved for the card again but that does not necessarily mean that she will get the signing bonus again! If she does please post here the proof
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by gpapadop
She may have been approved for the card again but that does not necessarily mean that she will get the signing bonus again! If she does please post here the proof
Yep, sometimes with Chase if you apply for a card a second time you get approved but then when your first statement cuts instead of getting bonus points you get a letter telling you that you already got the bonus for that card and can't get a second. So please let us know if she gets the points.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.