Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

    Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 16, 16, 12:15 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: beltway
Wiki Link
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 5, 12, 8:30 am
  #751  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Programs: Continental, Air Canada, Air india, Air France, Lufthansa
Posts: 2
PC points worth 1 cent each??

Originally Posted by travelpye View Post
I have a room booked at Holiday Inn Mayfair in London for 25,000 points a night. Lowest cost for those nights, and that is advance pay rate, is US$399.
So, you could say, I got at least $1,200 out of the points, with 5K left over toward a points break night someplace later on.

For me, that was worth a credit pull. But then, I knew what I wanted to do with these points before I applied.
Thanks for that.

Anyone used PC points for airlines? How do they stack up?
Jillian75004 is offline  
Old Nov 5, 12, 10:25 am
  #752  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
Posts: 517
Originally Posted by travelpye View Post
I have a room booked at Holiday Inn Mayfair in London for 25,000 points a night. Lowest cost for those nights, and that is advance pay rate, is US$399.
So, you could say, I got at least $1,200 out of the points, with 5K left over toward a points break night someplace later on.

For me, that was worth a credit pull. But then, I knew what I wanted to do with these points before I applied.
You also get the 7,500 point rebate, so possibly 2 nights at a pointsbreak property later on.
KathinJax is offline  
Old Nov 5, 12, 4:40 pm
  #753  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 468
Originally Posted by Jillian75004 View Post
Thanks for that.

Anyone used PC points for airlines? How do they stack up?
Do you mean transfer to partners? The rate is 10k PC points to 2k airlines miles with many partners, like UA, AA, DL etc.

Personally, if my main interest was in airline miles, I would first look at any Chase cards I did not have that either gave me miles directly, as with UA or SW cards or indirectly though ultimate reward points such as with Sapphire Preferred, Freedom, and the Ink cards that provide sign up bonuses that may be transferred to UA, BA, SW, etc though the ultimate rewards points.
travelpye is offline  
Old Nov 5, 12, 4:41 pm
  #754  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 468
Originally Posted by KathinJax View Post
You also get the 7,500 point rebate, so possibly 2 nights at a pointsbreak property later on.
Yes, another useful benefit of the card. I do believe this card will be a "keeper."
travelpye is offline  
Old Nov 5, 12, 5:07 pm
  #755  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: 1A with Dom Perignon
Programs: Platinum Sky Pimp
Posts: 86
BTW: I think this card is churnable. At least it worked for me to get bonus twice.
fishdance is offline  
Old Nov 5, 12, 6:54 pm
  #756  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DEN
Programs: MR PP, UA Silver, SW A-List, HH Diamond
Posts: 340
Originally Posted by fishdance View Post
BTW: I think this card is churnable. At least it worked for me to get bonus twice.
Can you give more details? How long did you wait after getting approved for the first card before cancelling the card,

and then how long after that did you apply the 2nd time?
goldenbear is offline  
Old Nov 5, 12, 8:50 pm
  #757  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 613
got the card 8 months ago, How do I get the free night certificate? Do I have to call chase or the back of the card and just say I need the FREE NIGHT CERTIFICATE becos I have to book a hotel room?

thanks
emptiness is offline  
Old Nov 5, 12, 8:56 pm
  #758  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: mountains of western NC
Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Posts: 7,506
Originally Posted by emptiness View Post
got the card 8 months ago, How do I get the free night certificate? Do I have to call chase or the back of the card and just say I need the FREE NIGHT CERTIFICATE becos I have to book a hotel room?

thanks
Your free night certificate comes on the first anniversary of getting your card. so, you have 4 more months to wait.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...t-pc-visa.html
onthego15 is offline  
Old Nov 6, 12, 12:03 am
  #759  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: 1A with Dom Perignon
Programs: Platinum Sky Pimp
Posts: 86
Originally Posted by goldenbear View Post
Can you give more details? How long did you wait after getting approved for the first card before cancelling the card,

and then how long after that did you apply the 2nd time?
Canceled first about 5-6 months ago and then applied for new one with same Priority Club number.
fishdance is offline  
Old Nov 6, 12, 4:48 am
  #760  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: In CT,left my heart in Leicester.
Programs: Work in progress.
Posts: 1,237
Originally Posted by fishdance View Post
BTW: I think this card is churnable. At least it worked for me to get bonus twice.
Yeah...Pics or it didn't happen.
jatink129 is offline  
Old Nov 6, 12, 6:31 am
  #761  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 613
Originally Posted by fishdance View Post
Canceled first about 5-6 months ago and then applied for new one with same Priority Club number.
can you show us any proof of applying for this card again and getting 2nd bonus?

Thanks in advance.
emptiness is offline  
Old Nov 6, 12, 9:41 am
  #762  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,419
I got my card about 5 wks ago. The statement is coming up soon, so I guess I'll get my 80K points then. But I already got Platinum status; is it strange to get the status before the points?

Anybody know if the 80K offer is still valid? My fiance might apply.
DaveInLA is offline  
Old Nov 6, 12, 10:17 am
  #763  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: 1A with Dom Perignon
Programs: Platinum Sky Pimp
Posts: 86
Originally Posted by emptiness View Post
can you show us any proof of applying for this card again and getting 2nd bonus?

Thanks in advance.
How about asking me to post youtube video of me dancing gangam style in adult diaper and dirty plunger on top of my head?
You welcome in advance.
fishdance is offline  
Old Nov 6, 12, 11:11 am
  #764  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 2P, AS MVP, WN CP; MR Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, RR Au
Posts: 5,070
Originally Posted by DaveInLA View Post
I got my card about 5 wks ago. The statement is coming up soon, so I guess I'll get my 80K points then. But I already got Platinum status; is it strange to get the status before the points?
The card itself confers Platinum status, not via points.
MDtR-Chicago is offline  
Old Nov 6, 12, 11:13 am
  #765  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: 787
Programs: Too many to list
Posts: 1,297
Got one too. Points posted right after statement close.
ThePointsCollector is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread