Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by akp
What have you heard from Chase about what kind of bonus you'll receive?

Thanks for being the guinea pig

Anita
Nothing yet. I have not received the card and I am not a current Chase cardholder, so I don't have an account for it to automatically be added to. I'll post an update as soon as I have more info.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:48 pm

Great news everybody! While I have not yet received the card, the following email just arrived in my inbox:

Dear [name],

Get ready to enjoy more free nights—more often—with your ALL-NEW Priority Club® Select Visa® card.

It's almost time to enjoy the first of your free nights.
When your new card arrives, confirm receipt of your card by calling the toll-free number displayed on the front of your card. Use your card and see how fast your points add up to free nights!

Don't forget—you'll earn 80,000 bonus points after your first purchase, enough for 5 nights at many of our 4,400 hotels worldwide.1

EVERY DAY, CLOSER TO A GETAWAY
• Annual free night certificate good for a free night at over 4,400 hotels worldwide2
• Automatic 10% point rebate on redemptions3
• Earn points on every purchase4
- 5 points per $1 spent at all of our hotels
- 2 points per $1 spent on gas, grocery and dining purchases
- 1 point per $1 spent on everything else
• No annual fee for the first year—a $49 value
Bolding mine.

Looks like you're safe to apply through the 80k application page linked in this thread, folks!
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:52 pm

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat
Originally Posted by kdoughboy
Great news everybody! While I have not yet received the card, the following email just arrived in my inbox:

Bolding mine.

Looks like you're safe to apply through the 80k application page linked in this thread, folks!
WOW, Congrats, KDoughboy!
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:59 pm
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Thanks!

Nice job, doughboy!

Off to fill out my applications

Anita
Old Nov 30, 2011, 1:30 pm

I just filled out the application. I immediately received the "further processing required ... you'll be notified within 30 days" message. Not surprising as it is my 4th Chase application in the last few weeks. I called right away and the representative suggested transferring $5k in credit from a business line. I thought that was fair, so I agreed, and she approved the application. She said I should receive the card in 7-10 business days.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aa

Bolding mine.

Great news. I am glad the offer was indeed non-targeted.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by ModernThrift
I just filled out the application. I immediately received the "further processing required ... you'll be notified within 30 days" message. Not surprising as it is my 4th Chase application in the last few weeks. I called right away and the representative suggested transferring $5k in credit from a business line. I thought that was fair, so I agreed, and she approved the application. She said I should receive the card in 7-10 business days.
What number did you call? I applied for this and the Marriott Rewards 70k card at the same time and the MR card is still in processing as of 11am today. I figured I'd wait for a denial letter then call the recon line, however I don't have any older Chase cards to bargain with. I wonder if I'd be better off calling now or waiting until I get denied?
Old Nov 30, 2011, 2:11 pm

What number did you call? I applied for this and the Marriott Rewards 70k card at the same time and the MR card is still in processing as of 11am today. I figured I'd wait for a denial letter then call the recon line, however I don't have any older Chase cards to bargain with. I wonder if I'd be better off calling now or waiting until I get denied?
I called 888-609-7805. The representative was not able to pull up my application with the Bank Reference Number I was provided upon completion of the application, so she looked it up via my SSN and that worked. I don't see any reason to wait to call, but others may have views informed by greater experience than I have.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
888-245-0625 is the reconsideration # or at least one of them. I'd wait about 48 hours & then call. I called after 24 hrs. & they couldn't "see" my app. but when I called back, after 48 hrs., they asked me why I wanted another Chase card (Marriott) and I said so I could use for upcoming trips. Approved!
Old Nov 30, 2011, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
888-245-0625 is the reconsideration # or at least one of them. I'd wait about 48 hours & then call. I called after 24 hrs. & they couldn't "see" my app. but when I called back, after 48 hrs., they asked me why I wanted another Chase card (Marriott) and I said so I could use for upcoming trips. Approved!
I applied three days ago, so I'll try giving them a call tonight if I can find the time. I hope me not having any bargaining chips isn't a problem.

As for my girlfriend, both of her apps (same two cards) are still in review. What would you guys suggest she do? Is it inadvisable to call and request approval for two cards at once, or should she try to get one approved first before attempting the second one?
Old Nov 30, 2011, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by sun_aa
.....What we need is for someone who got the card within the last 3 months for 60k points to try bumping the bonus via secure message using the source code in the link. I was shown the 80k link and have had the card for over a year. So I can't help here.

BTW, 60k is enough points to qualify for platinum status and points post soon after the statement is generated. If this happens in Jan, you will have platinum status until Dec2013. So even if you apply now, you should wait to make the first purchase.
sun_aa: THANKS A LOT FOR STARTING THIS THREAD!@:-)

I applied for Mrs. USAFAN and got the OK (for the 80,000 points) in seconds!

I got the 60,000 a month ago. You mentioned "....try bumping the bonus via secure message using the source code in the link ...." What exactly should I do?

Regarding the platinum status: I had already 30,000 points and got the 60,000 points = 90,000 points. BUT DID NOT GET PLATINUM. Emailed Priority. They answered that I would need another 671 points. I purchased 1,000 points and got platinum!?!
Text of the email: "....Please allow us this opportunity to inform you that in order for you to reach Platinum status, you have to accumulate at least 50 qualifying nights or earn 60,000 points in a calendar year. Our records show that you already earned 59,329 points from 01 Jan 2011 to present. As such, you only need to earn 671 points on or before 31 Dec 2011 to qualify for the Platinum status....."
Old Nov 30, 2011, 3:26 pm
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
My applications

Got instant approval for Mr. AKP at 2pm today

Got the "application requires further processing" message for myself at the same time. 2 hours later, called reconsideration line (888-609-7805) and got through immediately. I LOVE how Chase answers the phone with real people right away! He said the card had actually been approved and that I'll receive my card within 2 weeks and confirmed that I'll get 80K points after first purchase.

Thanks Sun_AA and Kdoughboy!

Anita
Old Nov 30, 2011, 4:26 pm

I applied three days ago, so I'll try giving them a call tonight if I can find the time. I hope me not having any bargaining chips isn't a problem.

As for my girlfriend, both of her apps (same two cards) are still in review. What would you guys suggest she do? Is it inadvisable to call and request approval for two cards at once, or should she try to get one approved first before attempting the second one?
So I called about my Marriott app, answered a few question, and received approval. She couldn't confirm the bonus, though, so we'll see about that when the card arrives and I call to activate. Still not sure what to do about my girlfriend's PC and MR apps though...
Old Dec 1, 2011, 5:59 am

not able to hit submit button

For some reason when I clink on the link I am not being given the option of submitting this application.

Have others had this problem as well?

Any insights would be very much appreciated.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 6:02 am

Which link in this thread do I click for the 80K?...I see a few posted

Edit: I applied using the first link...and got instant approval...you have to click the "Legal Disclosure" button to proceed...it states, "You must read the Legal Disclosures, which contain the Terms and Conditions, before you submit the application."

Last edited by joyful1; Dec 1, 2011 at 6:24 am Reason: Added update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.