Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2012, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by echip
Yes, Chase usually will approve if you're willing to re-allocate credits from another card. But sometimes it depends, on your history with them.
When was the last time you applied for Chase cards?
Did you churn their cards a lot, or ever abuse their promotion such as Chase AAPR 5% card for use not as intended?
Recently, any unusual or bad history with Chase? If so, they might blacklisted you.
Applied my last Chase card about 6 months ago. But I have gotten 3 Chase cards this year already. Never had any bad history with Chase. Haven't closed any Chase credit card account neither. I certainly hope this inquiry will not cause them to blacklist me.

Originally Posted by jatink129
I've had that issue with my Mother's application for the United card. She just got approved for the Priority card 3 days ago.
Anyway...even after moving some credit over, they said that it needs to be processed and verified. And they gave me a different number to call.
1-877-470-9042
Try calling that number? It's the "Verification/Fraud" Department. Maybe it'll work? Who knows?

Good Luck! ^^
Thank you for the #! I called and was told to wait. Were you asked to provide any documents when you calling the #? Did your mother get her United card?
Old Oct 16, 2012, 3:09 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by liaozhongchao
Thank you for the #! I called and was told to wait. Were you asked to provide any documents when you calling the #? Did your mother get her United card?
They asked me (her) to fax a copy of her driver's license. I am going to give them a call right now and find out the result.

EDIT: They gave me a call themselves. They confirmed that the card has been approved with the 65k signup bonus and they're going to expedite the card.
I'll probably send them a secure message later on and see if they'll give me the statement credit as well.

Last edited by jatink129; Oct 16, 2012 at 4:00 pm
Old Oct 16, 2012, 4:09 pm

Congratulations! So what did they want to verify exactly? I assume it is a verification of your mother's identity since they only asked for her driver's license?
Old Oct 16, 2012, 5:49 pm

I just wanted to confirm I just applied during my current churn. I was promised 80K after 1 charge.....
Old Oct 16, 2012, 6:25 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Applied my last Chase card about 6 months ago. But I have gotten 3 Chase cards this year already. Never had any bad history with Chase. Haven't closed any Chase credit card account neither. I certainly hope this inquiry will not cause them to blacklist me.
Hell no. I think Im on eleventh card with Chase in 18 month.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 6:30 pm

Congratulations! So what did they want to verify exactly? I assume it is a verification of your mother's identity since they only asked for her driver's license?
Thanks! Yes. Even though she has the CSP and was JUST approved for the Priority Club card, they wanted to verify her identity for the United application.
Anyway...Glad she was approved.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 6:07 pm

Applied this card yesterday and was turned down since it would be my 5th card with Chase. Called the lending department at 888-245-0625 right after submitting and asked the analyst to move some credit.

Surprisingly, the application was not instantly approved after moving my existing CL. The analyst said it would go through processing and I would receive the card or the notification letter in 14 days.

I called again this morning and was told the same thing. The analyst said there were nothing they could do to expedite the processing.

Anyone had similar experiences like this? I thought Chase would always approve applications if I didn't ask for more credit?
Update: I kept checking my Chase online account for days, and I just found out that my Priority Club card has been approved. They didn't call me or email me at all. Just moved 2k CL from my Southwest premier account for this new one as I proposed during my first phone call. I guess I really need to lay low for a while. No more Chase card in 2013!
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:31 pm

Programs: Marriott, Radisson, AA, UA
I guess I really need to lay low for a while. No more Chase card in 2013!
No more in 2013? No way.
Maybe you meant no more for the next 6 months. There are so many great Chase offers available right now. After 2013, they might not even be around.
I am getting at least one Chase card every 4-6 months, either by move credit lines around, or offer to close out one with annual fee due date is coming up.
Can't imagine myself passing up these juicy offers.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by echip
No more in 2013? No way.
Maybe you meant no more for the next 6 months. There are so many great Chase offers available right now. After 2013, they might not even be around.
I am getting at least one Chase card every 4-6 months, either by move credit lines around, or offer to close out one with annual fee due date is coming up.
Can't imagine myself passing up these juicy offers.
Nah, man. I am not going to take any chances. I'v already taken the CSP 50K, Southwest 50K, and the United 55K+$50 deals this year. Now I got this IHG 80K deal. Yes, shifting credit lines or closing accounts worked well before but not this time. They really pushed me around with some tough questions and sent my application to the verification department even after I proposed to move my credit line. I feel lucky to have this card approved.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by jatink129
Just applied for my mother.
Got the Pending notice.

So I called recon @ 888-245-0625
The agent placed me on hold for 2-3 minutes and approved the card.
She also verified that she could see that the bonus offer was 80,000 points.

So as of 10/12/2012, the link in the OP still works. WooHoo!
I m wondering which link you used? Thanks!
Old Oct 20, 2012, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by Titian Toto
I m wondering which link you used? Thanks!
The link in the OP.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 8:48 am

Programs: HH D i a m o n d !!!
Howdy- I see that folks are still getting the 80k signup bonus but I'm wondering if folks are confirming the annual free night as well? Thanks!
Old Oct 20, 2012, 8:56 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by perkunas
Howdy- I see that folks are still getting the 80k signup bonus but I'm wondering if folks are confirming the annual free night as well? Thanks!
I've never seen anyone post any problems getting the free night (in this nor in the annual free night thread). The annual free night, platinum status, 10% rebate on award bookings and more are all published perks of this card.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 9:25 am

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
DATA POINT:

I applied for:

Chase

UA Club - May 2012 - approved
BA Card -July 2012 - approved

PC Card - Oct 20 - called Recon - Approved!

CITI

HH 50k x2- Sept 2012 - approved (2 browser trick)

AMEX
HH 50k - Jan 2012 - Approved
HH 60k - Sept 2012 - Approved (surpass card)

BoA

HA 35k x2 - Feb 2012 - declined (too many inquiries)
HA 35k x2 - Oct 2012 - declined (too many inquiries) - Called Recon - Approved!

EDIT: Was originally declined for too many inquires on the HA cards (8 in 12 months) but then they went ahead and approved me after some standard questions for $7500 each

Not a bad year at all

Last edited by stupidzbu; Oct 22, 2012 at 10:41 am
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:08 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
Is this chard churnable? I had a priority visa with chase 3 yrs ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.