Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2012, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by jatink129
I tried the code with my account and my father's and we both see the 80k offer.
Neither of us received the 1000 points. Though in my case it's probably because I already received the 1000 points from that video once before.
In fact, come to think of it, I received a targeted letter from Priority club with my own personal code...Let's see if I can find that letter.
you can actually use it one time per member, i always tell the guest to do it since its free 1,000 points, but i do hear from my guest that they have done it couple times, it must be luck though.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 1:11 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by localkine3
I just applied and got approved for this card, wondering if people still getting the 80,000 points? well what i been reading that you get 60,000 points and then you call chase up or email them about the 80,000 points? what do you tell them? I will be traveling so this cc would come in handy
You need to read more of this thread. Most folks have reported receiving 80,000 points.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by dontippet
Platinum status won't appear until the 80,000 miles appears. If I remember correctly, it happened a couple days after the first statement.
Correct. However Plat status is no big deal. No upgrades, no real benefit at the high end IC properties (you need to buy Ambassador status for that). It isn't like airlines where you might miss your upgrade if your status doesn't post in time.

Originally Posted by larrythai
Correct....a couple of days after the first statement. This is a wonderful deal, and there is no reason not to keep this card.
Disagree. The annual fee is minus unless you can get good value out of the "free room." The only major upside is for those who actually stay and redeem at PC, due to the bonus points on spend and the redemption rebate. However like all Chase cards you will likely get periodic 0% balance transfer/cash advance offers, which are a good deal if you need a low cost loan or can earn a better return.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 5:30 pm

Programs: United, AA, Marriot, PC, Hilton, US Airways, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Correct. However Plat status is no big deal. No upgrades, no real benefit at the high end IC properties (you need to buy Ambassador status for that). It isn't like airlines where you might miss your upgrade if your status doesn't post in time.

Disagree. The annual fee is minus unless you can get good value out of the "free room." The only major upside is for those who actually stay and redeem at PC, due to the bonus points on spend and the redemption rebate. However like all Chase cards you will likely get periodic 0% balance transfer/cash advance offers, which are a good deal if you need a low cost loan or can earn a better return.

How do you think the AF is not a good deal? For $49 you get plat status and a annual night free at any Intercontinental Hotel....very good deal
Old Sep 10, 2012, 6:42 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
However Plat status is no big deal. No upgrades, no real benefit at the high end IC properties (you need to buy Ambassador status for that).
Respectfully suggest you're using it wrong. You are still supposed to receive the upgrade benefit at ICs. It's not necessarily a full category upgrade like Amb guarantees but it should be some kind of upgrade. In practice, I've always received a better room as a Plat at ICs. In the other brands, I've had some fantastic upgrades - many suites, including a presidential suite. In fact, my next stay at HI has already been upgraded to a full two room suite on points. It is definitely worthwhile.

Disagree. The annual fee is minus unless you can get good value out of the "free room."
Who can't get $49 of value out of a night at an IC?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Respectfully suggest you're using it wrong. You are still supposed to receive the upgrade benefit at ICs. It's not necessarily a full category upgrade like Amb guarantees but it should be some kind of upgrade. In practice, I've always received a better room as a Plat at ICs. In the other brands, I've had some fantastic upgrades - many suites, including a presidential suite. In fact, my next stay at HI has already been upgraded to a full two room suite on points. It is definitely worthwhile.
Nice for you but not for me. I'm 0/2 on IC suite or club floor upgrades. Sorry but just a nicer room on a higher floor away from the elevator doesn't count. Ditto for HIX (which don't have suites).[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Who can't get $49 of value out of a night at an IC?
IC properties in the US are pretty limited, and until this year I hadn't stayed in one for several years. Certainly it is quite valuable if you vacation in big cities, but I rarely do that anymore. A free night is not too useful when my norm is to stay for 3 nights and I then end up paying an inflated price for the other nights. That being said, I will grant that the free night is far more useful than the Cat 1-5 night that you get with the Chase Marriott card (which also features a higher annual fee).
Old Sep 10, 2012, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA, HH Gold, PCR Platinum,US
Activated our cards just over a week ago and looked tonight. Both of us now have platinum status. Statements still over a week from closing. Status does come with having the card and not having the points.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nice for you but not for me. I'm 0/2 on IC suite or club floor upgrades. Sorry but just a nicer room on a higher floor away from the elevator doesn't count. Ditto for HIX (which don't have suites).
We have gotten "the best room" in the hotel such as a 2 queen beds room in an HIE in the Bay Area that is as big as a suite just without the actual wall / door, even on Expedia booking no less. I had no idea that was "the best room" until the FD girl told me at check out next morning. I was just surprised by how large the room was. They even gave a little welcome basket with some snacks and candies plus 2 bottles of water.

Almost all properties we stayed at, give some form of recognition.

This year all stays are award stays, all got much better room. A suite at CP at ORD on a 5K point breaker. And the hotel even comped 5K pts because the TV set in the living room did not work after a big power outage in the area earlier in the day caused by wind storm. The TV set worked in bed room though.

IC properties in the US are pretty limited, and until this year I hadn't stayed in one for several years. Certainly it is quite valuable if you vacation in big cities, but I rarely do that anymore. A free night is not too useful when my norm is to stay for 3 nights and I then end up paying an inflated price for the other nights. That being said, I will grant that the free night is far more useful than the Cat 1-5 night that you get with the Chase Marriott card (which also features a higher annual fee).
You dont really need to stay at IC to get the best value. Some HI locations can be expensive even domestically. I dont see how a free night would force you to pay for an inflated price for the following 2 nights - you can even combine your free night with a priceline stay if you happen to use priceline and won an IHG property... You can also stay at whatever motels you so chose but enjoy one nicer accommodation for just $49 (when ignoring all the other benefits.)
Old Sep 10, 2012, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jjkpartsman
Activated our cards just over a week ago and looked tonight. Both of us now have platinum status. Statements still over a week from closing. Status does come with having the card and not having the points.
Thanks for the data point for confirmation of the benefits.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by jatink129
To everyone fretting over whether or not the original link works and whether or not you'll get the 80k signup bonus-

Go here- http://priorityclub.com/visa1000
Put in your Member ID, Pin and THIS CODE - EYWMTK3A29

[thanks to user Abhishek Duggal who posted this on FrugalTravelGuy's blog]

Watch a video and later the page redirects you to THIS- And the click "Apply Now". Problem solved.

This clever little idea didn't work for me, still got 60,000 offer. Any other ideas, sans post-approval secure msg to chase?
Old Sep 11, 2012, 1:36 am

Programs: DL GM, BA Silver, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, PC Plat, Hyatt Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by PinnacleJew
This clever little idea didn't work for me, still got 60,000 offer. Any other ideas, sans post-approval secure msg to chase?
Yep, secure message to Chase will be your best bet. Just tell them you thought you applied under the 80,000 offer and ask why you only received the 60,000 offer. Has worked for me on other cards. On this one, however, I did get the 80,000.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:51 am

Programs: HH Diamond-IHG Plat-AA Gold
Data point:

Applied this morning via the application link in the OP. Got a pending further review message.

So, called the reconsideration line within 10 minutes of the app and the rep confirmed I was instantly approved for the card.

And (after a bit of gentle prodding) he also confirmed I would receive the 80k points on the first purchase offer. ^

Last edited by kiltedflyer; Sep 11, 2012 at 12:09 pm
Old Sep 12, 2012, 6:14 pm

FYI
I just applied with the OP link. Got the "needs further review" message. Called about 15 minutes later. They had to look it up via my social, but he said it was approved and confirmed the 80k offer.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 6:33 pm

I applied online using the link in the first post 10 days ago...got instant approval. The approval message didnt give any indication of how many bonus points. I received the card this week. Activated on the phone and then received an email confirmation thanking me for activating and at that time it said I would receive 80k bonus points after my first purchase.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by DOUDOU1980
I received targeted email about 80000 points PC crad today. So it is still valid. Even if you just got 60000 points, you can send chase secure message to get extra 20000 points.
thanks! i'll have to do that

Originally Posted by vitousa
Chase is pretty good with matching the bonus offer if you got the card within 90 days. Send a secured email to Chase customer service.
Originally Posted by DOUDOU1980
I received targeted email about 80000 points PC crad today. So it is still valid. Even if you just got 60000 points, you can send chase secure message to get extra 20000 points.
what message did you tell them? i called today and they confirm that i have the 60,000 points and told me i would need a code to get that other promotion that everyone else is getting.

Last edited by mia; Sep 13, 2012 at 7:51 am Reason: Combine three consecutive replies

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.