Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Old Jul 17, 2012, 2:56 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by milemission
Would anyone direct me the sign up link for the 80K? Thank you!
are you joking?

It's right there in the OP.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 9:03 pm

Received my PC card today. Called to confirm the 80k points. Mine doesn't say Select Visa but rather Visa Signature. What is the difference? CSR said I should receive Platinum Status upon closing of lst statement but the brochure which came with the CC states Gold Status.

Which is correct?

My CL is 5k....I didn't want 10k , only 5k and added the other 5k to my Chase Freedom. I closed my Southwest to move CL of 10k to 2 cards.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by emptiness
but sometimes they wouldn't approve you for more credit and one of the option to get approved for new one is by closing an existing card. If I don't lose my priority club points, than I can close that one for new one. I did it with southwest card for CHASE SP.

3 MONTHS between an APP is too short?
I don't think the Chase business card has anything to do with your personal credit line. They probably review your business card application based on the status of your business. If you get declined, there's no way you can move credit from your personal credit card accounts to the business account. Also they don't care if you just apply a personal card or not, there is no Chase 6-month-auto-decline rule. So if I were you, I would go ahead and apply for the ink bold business card. If I don't get instant approval, I would just be persuasive and try to convince the Chase representative that I have a healthy business.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:30 pm

I did this one, and got my 80k points posted extremely quickly. If I got one for my wife as well, can I use the same Priority Club member number? If not, then how easy is it to make reservations using two different numbers?
Old Jul 20, 2012, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dontippet
I did this one, and got my 80k points posted extremely quickly. If I got one for my wife as well, can I use the same Priority Club member number? If not, then how easy is it to make reservations using two different numbers?
You cannot use your PC number for your wife's card.

You just make reservations out of each account. You could add a guest name on the reservation if you like but absolutely not necessary. Hotels are almost universally good at combining reservations at check-in so you dont need to move room during your stay.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 4:51 am
Suspended

Is the link to 80k pts on the front page wiki still working?

And if I don't qualify for the Signature but get the regular Plat card, is the perks and signup bonus still the same? Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 23, 2012, 6:13 am

Yes, I used the link from Post #1 on July 14, 2012 and it worked for me....Just in case, I would clear all cookies first then click on the link.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:10 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
Is this card churnable for the 80k points?

I did see that one of the posters said they didn't get it but I have seen other comments on the web that folks have got this bonus again. I know this card used to be churnable a while ago (personal experience) but then Chase has started tightening up.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:27 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by filelover
Is this card churnable for the 80k points?
Find out for us...
Old Aug 1, 2012, 10:16 am

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Does this card give gold status before the points post? I'm still at club level.
received card and charged last week. Thank you!
Old Aug 1, 2012, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by milemission
Does this card give gold status before the points post? I'm still at club level.
received card and charged last week. Thank you!
I don't think so... The moment the points post, you will jump to Platinum status.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 3:43 pm

I posted about a month ago in this thread that I received the card and made my first purchase soon after. I applied with the links from the first post. Well, 80,000 points were just added to my account a couple days ago. So it took about a month after my first purchase in my case to be credited the points... just in time for the new pointsbreak list that came out! Thanks again OP.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by redtigeriii
I posted about a month ago in this thread that I received the card and made my first purchase soon after. I applied with the links from the first post. Well, 80,000 points were just added to my account a couple days ago. So it took about a month after my first purchase in my case to be credited the points... just in time for the new pointsbreak list that came out! Thanks again OP.
Great to know... this card seems slow to post bonus points compared to the others.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by johndoe123
Great to know... this card seems slow to post bonus points compared to the others.
I don't think so...Unless you've had your bonus points post BEFORE the end of your first statement... For me, this card gave me the bonus points with my first statement...just like the rest of my cards.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
I am planning to get wife to sign up for this card. She does not have a Priority Club membership now. Is it better to sign up for the membership first or to let Chase sign her up?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.