Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2012, 4:14 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
Platinum Status as a benefit of the card was a snail mail that came out a little while ago. At this point, it does not look like Chase has included it into their marketing materials. My parents and my sister applied using the link in the first post. All of them received 80,000 points and the snail mail about Platinum status.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kgkg
Does any one know whether the link on the first page gives you Permanent Platinum status? I applied using the link and the welcome package says Permanent Gold status. Is there any success to ask Chase to match to Platinum? Thanks!
It is a newly enhanced benefit that applies to ALL IHG cards. Ours are 18 months old and got the postcards a few days ago on this new benefit. We are already PLAT thru 2012, so online our statuses do not show any change. In fact it still says we need to earn X amount of pts to maintain PLAT in 2013...
Old Apr 4, 2012, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
As it happens, I got an email invite for this card just this afternoon. Plat status included.

Earn Points Faster:
• 80,000 bonus points after your first use1
• 5 points per $1 spent at our hotels2
• 2 points per $1 spent at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants2
• 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases2

Enjoy More Benefits:
• Free Night e-certificate every year, good at any of our 4,400+ hotels worldwide3
Platinum Elite status for the life of the card4
• 10% points rebate—earn points for using points5
• No foreign transaction fees6
• No annual fee the first year—a $49 value6
Old Apr 4, 2012, 5:16 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
Originally Posted by swag
As it happens, I got an email invite for this card just this afternoon. Plat status included.
me to...although i got another one back in dec as well
Old Apr 4, 2012, 6:36 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, CX, SQ, BA
is this deal still alive?
Old Apr 4, 2012, 7:29 pm
was jgoggan

Programs: WN 650k+CP; BA 200k; AA 200k; HHonors 450k; IHG 300k Plat; Bonvoy 250k; Rad 225k
To note it, I got an email today too -- but again only for 60,000. Still waiting for me to get the 80,000 point targeted email. Or maybe I'll just go for it with the link here and hope for the best.

Note that my email today DID also mention the lifetime Platinum status.

- John...
Old Apr 4, 2012, 8:08 pm

Hi all. I applied for this card using the link on the first page of this thread on 3/29 and received instant approval. I received the card today. When I called to activate the card, bonus was confirmed as 80k. Never received any targeted offer. The rep also said I had "Lifetime Gold Elite" as long as I am a card holder. I will wait a bit to see if my PC account updates with status.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by Love_to_Travels
is this deal still alive?

Yes.
Somewhere in this thread, somebody found details using some software sleuthing. I believe they found the end of this deal SHOULD be in August. I can't seem to find the post now. I'm hoping it stays for a couple more months before I go after it.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Sterndogg
Two months ago immediately approved for the Sapphire Preferred and this past Friday immediately approved for the IHG card. On Sunday applied for UA Club card and application is currently pending...already have two legacy UA cards and cancelled the OnePass Plus three months ago but will report back.
Yeah, know what you mean but usually for Chase if you give it at least one month-3 months then should be ok for more than one card being approved. My situation (along with others) were that we had applied for 2 Chase cards at the same time (same day) and that resulted in only getting one card approved and the other denied. So lesson learned and now I won't apply unless I gave it at least 2 months between applications just to be sure (but then again still no guarantees right?)
Old Apr 5, 2012, 9:12 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
80K deal is very alive. Watch this video for 1000 points and 80K offer is at the end:

Priority Club is offering 1000 free Priority Club points for watching a 90 second video about the Priority Club select Visa from Chase. Go to www.priorityclub.com/visa1000 and enter in promo code PGFTNHNAD3
Old Apr 5, 2012, 9:37 pm

Programs: SQ
The offer is targeted - a family member just applied optimistically from the first link as the video gave the 60k offer to her, even after my account brought up the 80k from the same code....it does seem like the 80k will come through from previous reports.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 10:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aa
Yes. What you see after the video is hardcoded to your member number. Using a different code isn't going to help you see 80k. You just need to trust the datapoints in this thread and apply with the link in the 1st post.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 10:51 pm
Suspended

i dont have any hotel rewards credit card.

if i apply for this 80k bonus card, how many nights at hilton hotels and is there hilton partner hotels where this points can be used?

heared BOA virgin atlantic card with 50k points can be a 100k hilton points.
but do I have to have a Hilton credit card first?
thanks
Old Apr 5, 2012, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by sun_aa
Yes. What you see after the video is hardcoded to your member number. Using a different code isn't going to help you see 80k. You just need to trust the datapoints in this thread and apply with the link in the 1st post.
confirmed, I see just 60k...
Old Apr 5, 2012, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by TheCollector
confirmed, I see just 60k...
Apply under the OP's link (Clear cache/cookies a few times before). The video will retrieve some current information about your PC account and bounce back either 80k or 60k depending if you meet whatever criteria it is asking your PC account.
You will get the 80k regardless of what the video says if you use the OP link. I only got the 60k video prior to applying. However, now after getting the card and 80 and Platinum status the video shows me 80k now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.