Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2015, 11:40 am

Applied for the 70k offer. SM'd Chase and they offered to match the 80k offer, but not the $50 statement credit. I'm Ok with that, the $49 AF is waived the first year, and I don't mind paying it to get the free night.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 8:17 pm

applied today, did know there is 80k offer. SM chase to match the offer. hope I will get it.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 1:06 am

Programs: UR, RR, MileagePLus, Dividend Miles (R.I.P), AAdvantage, HHonors, IHG, Skymiles
Applied on Mar 31st, pending approval.

Called recon line the next day and offered to move some CL from another card. He said yes and 5 minutes later I was off the phone and card was on its way! I logged into Chase tonight and the card already shows up, so I PMed about the 80k offer. I'll update when I get an answer.

fwiw, here's a pretty nifty IHG hotel locator map (by category) that Drew from travelisfree whipped up:
http://travelisfree.com/2014/08/04/c...ds-properties/
It helped me decide whether the IHG points were worth the card app or not.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by valuetactics
Applied on Mar 31st, pending approval.

Called recon line the next day and offered to move some CL from another card. He said yes and 5 minutes later I was off the phone and card was on its way! I logged into Chase tonight and the card already shows up, so I PMed about the 80k offer. I'll update when I get an answer.

fwiw, here's a pretty nifty IHG hotel locator map (by category) that Drew from travelisfree whipped up:
http://travelisfree.com/2014/08/04/c...ds-properties/
It helped me decide whether the IHG points were worth the card app or not.
www.awardmapper.com does the same thing, but it will show hotels from ALL reward programs.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Superorb
www.awardmapper.com does the same thing, but it will show hotels from ALL reward programs.
^ Thanks, that's awesome.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 2:40 pm

Applied for the 70k offer. SM'd Chase and they offered to match the 80k offer, but not the $50 statement credit. I'm Ok with that, the $49 AF is waived the first year, and I don't mind paying it to get the free night.
Just heard back, and they confirmed both the 80k points AND the $50 statement credit after 1st purchase. If I can find PointsBreak stays it will be an incredible deal since essentially year 2 is also free with the $50 statement credit.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tried that. Not very accurate. It happens to miss a Hilton at Strasburg and we actually hold a reservation there for a stay in April. No show at all on the mapper.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Tried that. Not very accurate. It happens to miss a Hilton at Strasburg and we actually hold a reservation there for a stay in April. No show at all on the mapper.
According to the Hilton website there's only one Strasbourg hotel and AwardMapper shows it for me. Do you have your sliders set to allow a 30k-50k point hotel?
Old Apr 7, 2015, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

According to the Hilton website there's only one Strasbourg hotel and AwardMapper shows it for me. Do you have your sliders set to allow a 30k-50k point hotel?
Ah, this must be the issue. Did not realize this criteria.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Ah, this must be the issue. Did not realize this criteria.
I make the same mistake and I've been using that site for ages now.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 8:44 pm

Programs: UR, RR, MileagePLus, Dividend Miles (R.I.P), AAdvantage, HHonors, IHG, Skymiles
UPDATE: After the card showed up in my Chase online account, and before getting it in the mail, I sent a SM to Chase requesting the 80k bonus.

36 hours later they replied and will add the additional 10k to my bonus

Superorb, I should have tried for the $50 credit as well. I hadn't seen any reports of it being granted for a while, so I didn't even try for it. Grats on your negative $1 hotel stay at any IHG property next year!
Old Apr 8, 2015, 9:03 pm

UPDATE: After the card showed up in my Chase online account, and before getting it in the mail, I sent a SM to Chase requesting the 80k bonus.

Superorb, I should have tried for the $50 credit as well. I hadn't seen any reports of it being granted for a while, so I didn't even try for it. Grats on your negative $1 hotel stay at any IHG property next year!
I also did not ask for the $50 credit and I was offered the 10K additional points. I had applied for the MC version last month after cancelling my previous card in February (I had received the bonus last year when I applied for it as the Visa version). I will see if I actually get the points.

Also, my husband also applied last month (his first time) and he used the 60K/$50 credit link. The CSR via SM they would only give me the 20K additional bonus if I took the $50 credit was charged back to my account (I had sent the SM after the credit appeared on his account)...and I gladly accepted the 20K points over $50!
Old Apr 9, 2015, 12:21 pm

I have not seen them grant the 80k/$50 to anyone that wasn't actually targeted for it, only the 80k bump. I asked for it on my wife's card, but was denied. They did approve the 10k after min spend was met though.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 1:23 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Is the Visa version still available? Sounds like this is the best route to go if I want to churn?
Old Apr 9, 2015, 2:05 pm

Visa went away last May I think

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.