Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Old Dec 29, 2014, 11:23 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Happy
There is no such thing called IHG closure forum.

There is an IHG forum on FT just like another other loyalty program of airlines and hotels. Multiple accounts led to closure is being discussed on and off in the past several years. You certainly could find information in IHG forum if you search hard enough. It is not a recent occurrence because people learned this long time ago so nobody is stupid enough to try, knowing how harsh IHG could be, especially since it now aggressively engages in auditing people's accounts on any violation of T&Cs. A friend got her IHG account suspended triggered by getting a second 80K Chase bonus in less than 9 months (during the product switch, she X'ed a new Visa and later got the MC - Chase gave 2nd bonus but IHG flagged the account). Eventually the account was re-activated but not without a 2 weeks audit and almost got a closure because she had used untargeted promo codes on a stay 18 months ago. Luckily she only netted a few thousand K's so not a big offender.

As Beltway aptly posted, why using different account number is NOT in the Wiki - there are reasons for that and such reasons do not need to be spelled out.
Thanks guys, But remember I made a mistake giving second
account number .Senior moment 😃
Old Jan 2, 2015, 6:54 pm

My anniversary date will be on may 10, 2015, when will I get the free night certificate? i have a travel coming up in june 2015.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 7:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
My anniversary date will be on may 10, 2015, when will I get the free night certificate? i have a travel coming up in june 2015.
Per the wiki, there's a separate thread for such discussion, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...t-pc-visa.html
Old Jan 5, 2015, 9:16 pm

For the 80k offer in the Wiki, does that also include the $50 statement credit? No mention of it, but I wanted to double check.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Superorb
For the 80k offer in the Wiki, does that also include the $50 statement credit? No mention of it, but I wanted to double check.
It is either 80k or 60k with $50 credit. If it is not mentioned, it does not have.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
It is either 80k or 60k with $50 credit. If it is not mentioned, it does not have.
That's what I figured, thanks.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 12:46 pm

closing and reapplying for IHG

hi its been 30 months since my first IHG card, autoconverted to MC in 2014, I know I can get another bonus if I close it, but I dont know how long after closing can I apply? same day? next day? 1 week?

Anyone know?

thks!
Old Jan 6, 2015, 3:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bailey911
hi its been 30 months since my first IHG card, autoconverted to MC in 2014, I know I can get another bonus if I close it, but I dont know how long after closing can I apply? same day? next day? 1 week?
As the wiki says,
For further information, see the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards [Consolidated].
Rather than replicate this discussion in Every. Single. Thread. about the numerous Chase cards, it makes more sense to house the info in one central repository so it can be easily updated as needed.

So please review the aforementioned thread (linked to by wiki above) for current information.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 4:11 pm

Is the 80k link still working? It was posted some time ago....
Old Jan 8, 2015, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
Yes, it's working. Please read the wiki or the last pages of this discussion at the very least.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 8:01 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
The whole idea here is that if someone finds it not working, even temporarily, they will post that. If multiple posts confirm it's not working, someone will remove it. Since none of that has happened, no need to even ask.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 11:34 am

Does the 80k offer include the anniversary free night like the 60k offer does?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Superorb
Does the 80k offer include the anniversary free night like the 60k offer does?
Yes and also its free the first year then $49
Old Jan 15, 2015, 11:02 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
I have read the wiki and scanned through pages of posts but I haven't seen the answer clearly to this question.

When you apply for the 80k card with free night cert, do you get the free night cert initially or only after one year (at your first year anniversary)? I'm thinking of an aspirational destination for Jan-Feb 2016. (i.e. bora bora/moorea). If this only shows up 1 year later, then we may have little lucky being able to use the free night.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
I have read the wiki and scanned through pages of posts but I haven't seen the answer clearly to this question.

When you apply for the 80k card with free night cert, do you get the free night cert initially or only after one year (at your first year anniversary)? I'm thinking of an aspirational destination for Jan-Feb 2016. (i.e. bora bora/moorea). If this only shows up 1 year later, then we may have little lucky being able to use the free night.
After 1 year. You could use the 80k points to book 2 nights

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.