Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2012, 1:28 am

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by bitachu
so whats the most time we need to wait before applying for another chase card in which we don't get the reconsideration letter..i personally rather not get the letter and deal with that at all..i rather just wait it out...anyone got a good number?i've heard 30 days and i've heard 91 days...some say 6 months
I think it just depends and is different for everyone. I got the Chase Marriott middle to end of Nov no problem after getting CO OP in Jan. But now I want to apply for the United 1 if I can finally get the 60K offer to come up for me, but I worry about doing it to soon. Don't want the pull if I won't get approved. So I also was wondering about the same thing. (I might just wait till about 2 months and try for another 1 before that offers expires end of Jan.)
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:35 am

Applied for PC card mid Dec, easy approval. Applied for the UA card via the 60k mi promo about a week ago. Had to go through some security verification but was approved with a measily 3.5k CL.
I had about 3 others Chase cards including the PC card before applying for the UA card.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 6:54 am

Programs: Credit Cards
big thanks to the OP for the link to this card, and to whoever posted about the Video offer for 80k... had to battle Chase over bumping that 60k up to the 80k offer and just got the e-mail that they will... very happy!
Old Jan 12, 2012, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I received, activated and used my card yesterday. The activation turned out to be a long conversation in which the rep asked me if I wanted to change the due date and went over every benefit, including confirmation of the 80K bonus, all without me having to asking. She didn't try to sell me anything, either.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 9:11 am

I received 80,000 points when statement closed about a week ago. The PC website updated my status to Plat at that time. But now when I check the website, my status shows back to Gold and saying I need minus 20,000 points to reach the next level. Is it a glitch or intentional? I have not received any emails welcoming me to Plat, like I did when I achieved Gold. Plat status was the only main reason I got this card.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by sun_aa
I know Chase has been targeting people with 80k points offers and there has been a public 60k points offer since the crack the case promotion. I created this thread because I think I found a link for what might be the non-targeted

80k offer

which redirects to

Application Page

The application page doesn't say anything about 80,000 points. The link is what I got after watching the visa promo video.

If you are thinking of applying for the PC card it might not hurt to try using this link. In case, this is a targeted offer you can always ask for Chase to match the public 60k offer: Landing page and Application page

Edit to add: Read posts 62 & 72. Two have applied and received confirmations that they would get 80k.

You can send a secure message to bump the bonus if you got the card within the last 3 months. Sending a secure message with the links works better than calling. This was my experience with bumping the CO card bonus too. Read post 79 for a confirmation of bonus bump.

As pointed out in post 27, you must click the legal disclosures button before you can submit the application.

Make the first purchase during a statement cycle which ends on/after 1/1/2012 and get platinum status until 31/12/2013.
Here are two codes for anyone still looking to get the 1,000 PC points for watching the video:

ORDHAQ5KCY

ORDHAZT6CY

As stated above, promo link will pop-up after video.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by nssfly
Here are two codes for anyone still looking to get the 1,000 PC points for watching the video:

ORDHAQ5KCY

ORDHAZT6CY

First code used. Thank you.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by nssfly

ORDHAQ5KCY

ORDHAZT6CY

I used the 2nd code, but no 1000 points for me. Perhaps I was too late.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 2:07 pm
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
SUCCESS!!!

Dear XXXXXX XXXXXXX,

I have added the additional 20,000 points. The points
will be reflected on the next billing statement.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

Thank you,

E-mail Customer Service Representative

I went through the link to watch the video, got a screen capture showing the 80K offer and sent a secure message to Chase Customer Service!

Worked great!
Old Jan 20, 2012, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They changed my payment due date and the 80,000 points showed up today. I'm listed as Plat, but we'll see if that stays. I'm happy.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
If my wife uses the application link in Post #1 she should receive the 80K, if approved, right? I received the targeted email for the 80K but she didn't.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 9:38 pm

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
Originally Posted by mileshound
My wife got targetted today for the 80K PC card but she just got the 70K Marriott card a 2 weeks ago. The offer is good until 2/20 but that may be too quick for another Chase app. I need to have a high degree of certainty for her to get approved since she will not call the reconsideration line.
Would she go for it if you did the "talking"? I've heard of couples where one gets on the phone line and gives verbal permission to the CSR to talk with the spouse, then the spouse does the successful negotiating from there.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by MJLouise
Would she go for it if you did the "talking"? I've heard of couples where one gets on the phone line and gives verbal permission to the CSR to talk with the spouse, then the spouse does the successful negotiating from there.
Yes! We do this. "Can I give you permission to speak with my husband?" I love it!!
Old Jan 22, 2012, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by philemer
If my wife uses the application link in Post #1 she should receive the 80K, if approved, right? I received the targeted email for the 80K but she didn't.
I used that link and got the 80,000. I received no emails.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 9:47 am

Is it meaning I have no chance if it shows 60k after I watched video?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.