Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Old Oct 28, 2014, 10:37 am

Is it normal for the stuff Chase mails you to not say anything about the 80k bonus? I did verify the bonus over the phone when I applied.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by HotPie
Is it normal for the stuff Chase mails you to not say anything about the 80k bonus? I did verify the bonus over the phone when I applied.
Yes.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 7:02 pm

I signed my wife up for the 80K offer on 10/2. She still hasn't spent the $1K and 1 statement has closed, but there's still no Platinum status. I got this card about 2 years ago and don't remember it taking that long before I was upgraded to Platinum. Of course, when I signed up, the 80K points came after just 1 purchase. Will my wife get Plat only after she spends $1K? The website says it can take 6-8 weeks before Plat upgrade comes... is that what other FTers are experiencing?
Old Nov 4, 2014, 8:52 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I signed my wife up for the 80K offer on 10/2. She still hasn't spent the $1K and 1 statement has closed, but there's still no Platinum status. I got this card about 2 years ago and don't remember it taking that long before I was upgraded to Platinum. Of course, when I signed up, the 80K points came after just 1 purchase. Will my wife get Plat only after she spends $1K? The website says it can take 6-8 weeks before Plat upgrade comes... is that what other FTers are experiencing?
If you NEED it sooner, (have a stay coming up in the near future) you can call Chase, and have them directly contact IHG to upgrade her status. Not worth putting them thru that extra effort if you don't have a stay reserved soon.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 8:55 am

My Platinum status and 80k bonus posted within a week of receiving the card and completing the spend. Pretty quick turnaround, IMHO!
Old Nov 5, 2014, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by bmrisko
My Platinum status and 80k bonus posted within a week of receiving the card and completing the spend. Pretty quick turnaround, IMHO!
Which link did you use? The sticky on this thread states there is no more working link for 80k sign up.

I'm late to this party, but would like to get in on it.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Ross0
Which link did you use? The sticky on this thread states there is no more working link for 80k sign up.
Just checked, since we are planning on applying for this again next week. There is an 80K MC working link right at the top of the wiki. It's only the Visa link that is gone, since that card was replaced by the MC.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by Brugge
Just checked, since we are planning on applying for this again next week. There is an 80K MC working link right at the top of the wiki. It's only the Visa link that is gone, since that card was replaced by the MC.
oops. Missed that.

Thanks
Old Nov 5, 2014, 10:26 am

If you NEED it sooner, (have a stay coming up in the near future) you can call Chase, and have them directly contact IHG to upgrade her status. Not worth putting them thru that extra effort if you don't have a stay reserved soon.
Ah, no longer needed right now. I wanted to upgrade her to Plat so I could have her do the Hyatt Diamond Challenge, but looks like that's dead.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by TTT103
Does anyone actually use this card for charges other than at IHG properties? I've had the card for several years, and gladly pay the annual free each year in order to receive the annual free night, but I never use the card unless I'm staying at an IHG hotel.
Normally no. I applied and received my card earlier this year. I needed some additional points for a stay so I used the card heavily at the 2x areas with some MS too for about 2 months to get me to what I wanted. So only use was to top off for a reward stay, otherwise better value in other cards.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I use it to pay my air taxes, $0 per year
Old Nov 8, 2014, 4:33 pm

Just to confirm, the MC link in the wiki requires $1,000 in the first 3 months, correct? This info should be added to the wiki.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by michael_v
This info should be added to the wiki.
I don't see why. All of the details are already there with the 60K offer. The wiki link simply gives you 20K more points, the other details are the same.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 6:16 pm
fMD

I got decision pending but Chase recon can't find the application. Any ideas?

:EDIT: Reapplied and it showed up. Weird...

Last edited by fMD; Nov 17, 2014 at 6:25 pm
Old Nov 17, 2014, 6:50 pm

Hi, I received the IHG Chase CC today and confirmed the 80K points. I applied for this card to use the bonus points for my December vacation, 26-30.

However, my closing date is Nov 24 and the CS I talked to said that I wouldn't be able to receive the 80K points until after the statement closes on Dec 24, which will be too late for me. I thought I still have 7 days until the closing date Nov 24 to be able to receive the points? I also asked him about moving the closing date earlier. He said he could move the closing date earlier but it would not guarantee the posting of the points earlier either. I'd love to move the closing dates to the first week in December and receive the points before my vacation on 12/26-12/30. Anyone has the same experience before?

EDIT: I called back the CS and she moved my closing date to 12/9 (to be safe) from 12/24, so I can receive points on time to book the hotels.

Last edited by frugaltravel; Nov 17, 2014 at 10:00 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.